Aaram 0.25mg Tablets
Aaram 0.25 MG Description
Aaram tablet is a prescription medication that is used for its sedative and calming action. Its active ingredient is alprazolam. It is mainly used in the treatment of anxiety disorders and panic diso
rders. Anxiety is a condition in which there is excessive worry in regard to daily activities that can cause an increase in heart rate, fast breathing, trembling, or increased sweating. These changes might occur in sudden, severe episodes known as panic disorder. These medical conditions occur due to altered levels of chemical messengers in the brain known as neurotransmitters. Aaram 0.25 has habit-forming potential. It should only be taken in the dose and duration as prescribed by a medical professional. It is not advisable to stop the tablet suddenly as this can result in withdrawal symptoms.
|You Save||₹5.55 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Anxiety Disorder, Panic disorder, Anxiety-related to depression|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, tiredness, weight loss/gain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation, dizziness, poor balance, difficulty in concentrating|
Uses of Aaram 0.25 MG
- As per CDSCO, Aaram Tablet is used for:
- Treatment of Anxiety disorder
- Treatment of Panic disorder
- The short term management of anxiety related to depression.
Contraindications of Aaram 0.25 MG
- Aaram tablets should not be used in case of hypersensitivity to alprazolam or any of the active ingredients of this tablet.
- Its use is contraindicated in case of any severe liver or kidney disease.
- Aaram tablets should not be prescribed in women with narrow-angle glaucoma (a condition with elevated pressure in the eyeballs).
- Its use is contraindicated in patients with breathing difficulties as it can slow down breathing.
- Its use is contraindicated in patients who have concomitant suicidal ideation or sudden mood changes.
Side effects of Aaram 0.25 MG
- Dry mouth
- Lack of coordination
Precautions and Warnings of Aaram 0.25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are an elderly patient over 65 years.
- You have a history of mild or severe liver and kidney disease; this medicine may need a dose adjustment.
- You are using oral contraceptives.
- You are using any ayurvedic/herbal medicines, vitamins, and other health supplements.
- You experience any sudden mood changes or intentions of self-harm or suicide.
Mode of Action of Aaram 0.25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Aaram 0.25 MG
- Take the Aaram Tablet as prescribed by the doctor.
- You can take Aaram Tablet on a regular schedule as prescribed, ideally at the same time every day.
- Swallow the Tablet orally, with a glass of water as a whole. Do not break, crush or chew this medicine.
- Do not stop taking Aaram Tablets suddenly. Finish the course as prescribed.
- Do not change the dosage of Aaram Tablet on your own. Consult your doctor in case of any side effects.
Interactions of Aaram 0.25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Aaram Tablet interacts with Antidepressants or mood-elevating medicines like fluoxetine and imipramine and can cause increased side effects.
- Aaram Tablets should not be taken with antihistamines (medicines used to control allergies) and pain killers, such as morphine, tramadol, codeine, sleeping pills, etc., as they can increase drowsiness and fatigue....
- Aaram Tablet interacts with antifungal medications like fluconazole, itraconazole ketoconazole as it can reduce their effectiveness.
- Patients using oral contraceptive pills should be advised to follow an alternate method of birth control as Aaram can reduce the action of the tablets.
- Aaram tablets are metabolised in the body using certain enzymes. The level of these enzymes can be affected by many medications such as phenytoin, rifampicin, etc.
Interactions with food items
- It is recommended to avoid foods that are rich in caffeine, such as tea, coffee, etc., as it increases the potential for side effects.
Storage and disposal of Aaram 0.25 MG
Dosage of Aaram 0.25 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Bhavika Shah
MBBS, MD (Dermatology), DNB (Dermatology)