Clobetasol+Miconazole+Neomycin is a combination medicine. It is used to treat i
nflammation and swelling in various skin conditions suspected to have bacterial, fungal or mixed skin infections. It helps to reduce symptoms like itchiness, redness and other symptoms associated with skin infections. Clobetasol is a steroid, miconazole is an antifungal agent and neomycin is an antibacterial agent. Clobetasol+Miconazole+Neomycin is available in the form of cream, lotion, ointment, soap. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine.
Uses of Clobetasol+Miconazole+Neomycin
Contraindications of Clobetasol+Miconazole+Neomycin
When should one not use Clobetasol+Miconazole+Neomycin
Side effects of Clobetasol+Miconazole+Neomycin
Common side effects of this drug are:
Precautions and Warnings of Clobetasol+Miconazole+Neomycin
Other General Warnings
- You develop other infections or skin reactions after using clobetasol+miconazole+neomycin
- You develop diarrhoea during or after using this medicine
- Avoid unnecessary or prolonged use of this medicine
Mode of Action of Clobetasol+Miconazole+Neomycin
How Does It Work?
- During inflammation or infection of the skin, the body releases some chemical substances which make the skin red, itchy and swollen.
- Clobetasol works by blocking the synthesis of a natural substance (Prostaglandins), which is responsible for itching, redness and swelling.
- Miconazole works by inhibiting the formation of a fungal cell wall component which leads to altered permeability and growth of fungus causing infection.
- Neomycin works by inhibiting growth and multiplication of bacteria causing infection.
- Collectively all these medicines work more effectively by reducing the infection and inflammation of the skin.
Interactions of Clobetasol+Miconazole+Neomycin
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way clobetasol+miconazole+neomycin works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, herbals you are currently taking or might take or are using other topically applied creams, lotion and gel to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat heart problems, HIV infection, fungal or bacterial infections or are taking blood-thinning medicines.
Dosage of Clobetasol+Miconazole+Neomycin
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: In which all dosage forms is Clobetasol+Miconazole+Neomycin available?
Q: What are the side effects of using Clobetasol+Miconazole+Neomycin?
- SONADERM-NM Cream - Clobetasol Propionate, Neomycin Sulphate & Miconazole Nitrate Cream [Internet]. Bluecrosslabs.com. 2021 [cited 18 October 2021]
- Daktarin Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 October 2021]
- Dermovate Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 October 2021]
- Neomycin Sulfate Cream [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 18 October 2021]