Dermikem Oc Plus Cream 15gm
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
15g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dermikem OC Plus cream is used for the treatment of inflammation and swelling in the various skin conditions suspected to have bacterial or fungal or mixed skin infections. This cream helps in reducin
g the symptoms like redness, swelling and itchiness. Dermikem OC Plus cream contains clobetasol, neomycin and miconazole as their active components. Clobetasol is a steroid and has anti-inflammatory properties, neomycin is an antibacterial agent and miconazole is an antifungal agent. Dermikem OC Plus cream should only be used externally and must not be used for any other skin conditions without consulting your doctor....
Uses of Dermikem Oc Plus Cream 15gm
Dermikem OC Plus cream is used for the treatment of various skin infections and inflammation complicated by a superficial bacterial or fungal infection. It helps in managing symptoms like scratching,
red sores, itching and rashes when associated with skin infections....
Contraindications of Dermikem Oc Plus Cream 15gm
- If you are allergic to clobetasol, neomycin, miconazole or any of the ingredients in Dermikem OC Plus cream.
- It should not be used for treating infection in and around the genitals or anal area, face, acne and skin perforations.
- If you have any untreated skin infection or skin thinning problem.
- You should not use this cream for acne, rashes or skin conditions around your mouth and in the external ear canal.
- You should not use this cream if you have chickenpox, shingles, warts or any other wounds and skin infections.
- Dermikem OC Plus cream should not be used in children below 2 years of age and for nappy rash.
Side effects of Dermikem Oc Plus Cream 15gm
- Burning, irritation, itching at the area Dermikem OC Plus cream is applied.
Precautions and Warnings of Dermikem Oc Plus Cream 15gm
Can I apply Dermikem OC Plus cream during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the safety of Dermikem OC Plus cream in human pregnancy. In case you are prescribed this cream, avoid using it in larger skin areas for a prolonged duration.
Can I apply Dermikem OC Plus cream while breastfeeding?
Dermikem OC Plus cream can be used by a breastfeeding woman if prescribed by the doctor. It should not be applied to the breast or areas near the breast of a breastfeeding mother as there can be chances of ingestion of this by a breastfed infant. Avoid using it on large areas of skin or for a prolonged period.
Can I drive if I have applied Dermikem OC Plus cream?
Dermikem OC Plus cream is to be applied externally and is less likely to influence your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol if I have applied Dermikem OC Plus cream?
There is no direct interaction between alcohol and Dermikem OC Plus cream. However, you should avoid consuming alcohol as it can worsen the infection and delay healing.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are experiencing any allergic reactions to the skin after applying the Dermikem OC Plus cream.
- You are experiencing other infections after applying this cream.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition after using this medicine for a weak.
- It would be best if you do not use this cream on any condition other than prescribed by your doctor.
- In case you experience any skin reactions after applying this cream, inform your doctor immediately.
- You should not apply the Dermikem OC Plus cream for a prolonged duration on a larger skin area or more than the prescribed duration.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Mode of Action of Dermikem Oc Plus Cream 15gm
How Does It Work?
- During inflammation or infection of the skin, the body releases some chemical substances which make the skin red, itchy and swollen.
- Clobetasol is a steroid which acts by blocking the synthesis of natural substance, i.e. prostaglandins which is responsible for itching, swelling and redness.
- Miconazole works by inhibiting the formation of a fungal cell wall component which leads to altered permeability and growth of fungus causing infection.
- Neomycin is an antibiotic agent which is widely used for treating various bacterial infection of the skin. It works by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of bacteria causing infection.
- Collectively all these medicines work more effectively by reducing the infection and inflammation of the skin.
Directions for Use of Dermikem Oc Plus Cream 15gm
- Use Dermikem OC Plus cream as directed by your doctor and follow all the instructions.
- For external use only. Apply it on the healthy skin surface, free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using Dermikem OC Plus cream unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- Apply a thin layer and rub gently to cover the affected area, for days and time advised by your doctor.
- If you do not see any improvement in your condition within 7 days, you should consult your doctor.
Interactions of Dermikem Oc Plus Cream 15gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Dermikem OC Plus cream is for local application on the skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied medicine. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine....Read more
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Dermikem OC Plus cream with other medicines. However, as Dermikem OC Plus cream contains three different components, any interaction was seen with these three components when taken alone may occur with this combination....Read more
- Be cautious if you are taking antifungal medicines like Itraconazole, Ritonavir which is used in HIV infection, antibiotics such as Erythromycin, blood-thinning agents like Warfarin and Verapamil usedin heart problems....Read more
Storage and disposal of Dermikem Oc Plus Cream 15gm
- Store Dermikem OC Plus cream below 25°C, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
- Discard the expired or medicine that is no longer required properly.
Dosage of Dermikem Oc Plus Cream 15gm
As Dermikem OC Plus skin cream is for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you hav
e applied extra quantities of this cream, wipe out the excess of the medicine with a tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
Missing an application of Dermikem OC Plus cream may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you have missed applying this cream, apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply this medicine to
compensate for the missed application....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What will happen if I accidentally ingest Dermikem OC Plus cream?
A: If you accidentally ingest Dermikem OC Plus cream, you may experience stomach discomfort, inform your doctor immediately.
Q: Can I use Dermikem OC Plus cream for pimples?
A: No, Dermikem OC Plus cream should not be used for any conditions other than prescribed. Especially you should refrain from using it on the face as the skin of your face is very delicate and sensitive.
Q: Is Dermikem OC Plus cream a steroid?
A: Yes, Dermikem OC Plus cream contains Clobetasol which is a steroid and is effective against inflammation and swelling.
Q: How long should Dermikem OC Plus cream be used?
A: Dermikem OC Plus cream should be used in a dose and duration as advised by your dermatologist. It contains a steroid and using steroid containing cream for prolonged periods is not advised. If you see no improvement in your condition in 7 days, then inform your doctor.
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹23.1 (30% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Clobetasol(0.05 %),Miconazole(2.0 %),Neomycin(0.5 %)|
|Side effects||Burning, irritation, itching, allergy, thinning of skin|
Last Updated on: 21 May 2021 | 06:57 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 15% off + up to Rs.1000 cashback
Buy 2 or more healthcare products & get an additional 10% off
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved