Zyloric 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By GLAXOSMITHKLINE PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zyloric tablet contains Allopurinol. It is used for the treatment and prevention of gout and increased uric acid levels in the body due to kidney disorder or certain medications. Gout is a condition similar to arthritis where there is sudden pain in the joints accompanied by redness and swelling. These symptoms usually occur due to uric acid deposition in the joints. Zyloric tablet works by reducing uric acid production in the body. You should not take Zyloric tablet if you have kidney or liver disorder, are pregnant or breastfeeding or are allergic to Allopurinol. Inform your doctor about all the medicines, herbal supplements you take and all the medical conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine.
Uses of Zyloric 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Zyloric tablet is used for the management of gout and increased uric acid levels in the body.
Contraindications of Zyloric 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Allopurinol or any components of this medicine.
- If you have liver or kidney function problems or heart failure.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Zyloric 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach upset
- Increased thyroid hormone level (TSH)
Precautions and Warnings of Zyloric 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Zyloric tablet during pregnancy?
Zyloric tablet may cause birth abnormalities. Hence, it should not be used in pregnant women. Consult your doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Zyloric tablet while breastfeeding?
Allopurinol passes through breast milk and may cause side effects to the baby. Hence, Zyloric tablet should not be used by lactating women.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zyloric tablet?
You may experience side effects like drowsiness or dizziness after taking Zyloric tablets. Be cautious while driving if you experience any side effects.
Can I consume alcohol with Zyloric tablet?
Alcohol increases uric acid levels in the blood and thus increases attacks of Gout. Therefore, avoid alcohol if you have high uric acid levels.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience a severe allergic reaction of the skin after taking this medicine (Ulcersin mouth, nose, genitals, rashes and conjunctivitis).
- You have a liver or kidney function problem.
- You have high blood pressure or heart problems.
- You have a malignancy due to which your body is producing extra urate crystals.
- You may develop a condition called xanthine deposition after using this medicine. However, this can be reduced by maintaining proper hydration.
- Zyloric tablets can dissolve larger uric acid crystals and can cause impaction in the ureter.
- Your TSH hormone levels may go high after using Zyloric tablet.
Mode of Action of Zyloric 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Allopurinol present in Zyloric tablet inhibits the action of an enzyme Xanthine oxidase. Xanthine oxidase is an enzyme that plays a crucial role in the synthesis of uric acid in the body. Hence, Allopurinol inhibits the production of uric acid and reduces its levels in blood and urine.
Directions for Use of Zyloric 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Take Zyloric tablet with a glass of water. It should be taken with or after meals. Swallow it whole. Do not break, cut or chew the tablet. Take it as directed by your doctor and do not consume it more than the prescribed dose.
Interactions of Zyloric 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines such as Azathioprine and 6-mercaptopurine should not be taken along Zyloric tablet.
- Vidarabine, an antiviral medicine, if taken along with Zyloric can lead to toxic side effects and therefore, close monitoring is required.
- Other medicines used to treat gout such as probenecid, when taken along with Zyloric can lead to reduced effectiveness.
- You may experience skin rashes and allergies if you take Zyloric and antibiotics such as Ampicillin or Amoxicillin.
- Anticancer medicines such as Cyclophosphamide, Doxorubicin, Bleomycin, Procarbazine and Mechlorethamine should be used with caution with Zyloric tablet as there can be chances of abnormalities in the blood.read less
- Anti-hypertensive medicines such as Captopril, Losartan and Telmisartan should be used cautiously especially in patients with renal impairment.
- Phenytoin, Warfarin, Cyclosporin and Theophylline should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Zyloric 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Zyloric tablets should be stored at room temperature away from heat and moisture.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
- Dispose of Zyloric when it is no longer needed or expired.
Dosage of Zyloric 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Symptoms of overdose may cause gastrointestinal disturbances like nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea and constipation. In case of overdose, consult your doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dosage of Zyloric tablet, take it as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for the next dose. A double dose should not be taken to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long can I take Zyloric tablet?
A: The duration of treatment with Zyloric tablet depends on the underlying condition and the patient's response to the treatment.
Q: Can I stop Zyloric tablet if I do not have symptoms?
A: Do not stop Zyloric tablet without your doctor's recommendation as it may worsen your gout attacks.
Q: What is Gout?
A: When the uric acid levels increase in the blood, needle-shaped crystals are built-in and around the joint and cause swelling and pain in the joints, which can last for weeks. This condition is known as Gout.
Q: What are the causes of high uric acid levels?
A: There are several causes of increased uric acid crystals such as heredity, diuretic medicines, chronic alcoholism, hypothyroidism, certain chemotherapy medicines, kidney stones and consumption of food rich in a component called prunes (red meat, organ meat and certain seafood).
Q: What are the general precautions to be taken while using Zyloric tablet?
A: An adequate intake of water is recommended while using Zyloric tablet. In the case of patients with kidney stones, special care should be taken as the stones may enter the urinary tract.
Q: Zyloric vs Febuxostat which is a better medicine for gout?
A: Zyloric tablet contains Allopurinol and is used for the treatment of gout and high levels of uric acid. Febuxostat is also used to treat gout and is generally recommended to patients who cannot take Allopurinol. Based on the cause of your illness, your doctor will prescribe one of these medicines. Do not self-medicate.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 08 Feb 2021 | 07:27 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
Upto Rs.600 cashback on Paytm wallet + Flat 25% off on your first medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved