Zotan 50mg Tablet
By ZOTICUS PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zotan 50mg Tab contains Losartan, a medicine that lowers increased blood pressure (Angiotensin-II receptor antagonists).
Uses of Zotan 50mg Tab
- High blood pressure
- Chronic heart failure
- Kidney disease in patients with high blood pressure and diabetes
Contraindications of Zotan 50mg Tab
- If you are allergic to Losartan or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have severe liver or kidney disease
Side effects of Zotan 50mg Tab
- Vertigo or giddiness
- Increased potassium in the blood
- Anaemia (low red blood cell count)
- Kidney problem
- A sudden drop in blood sugar level
- Increase in blood urea, serum creatinine and serum potassium (in patients with heart failure)
Precautions and Warnings of Zotan 50mg Tab
Can I take Zotan 50mg Tab during pregnancy?
Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant, or you are planning to have a baby as this medicine may harm your baby.
Can I take Zotan 50mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Zotan 50mg Tab is not recommended during breastfeeding. It is advisable to seek a physician’s help to find a safer alternative.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zotan 50mg Tab?
You may experience dizziness or drowsiness that can influence your ability to drive or operate machines. Hence, caution is advised while driving any vehicle.
Can I consume alcohol with Zotan 50mg Tab?
Caution is advised as alcohol makes blood pressure drop and can increase side effects like sedation or drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You ever had angioedema (swelling of the face, lips, throat, tongue)
- You have vomiting or diarrhoea
- Your blood vessels leading to your kidneys are narrow or had a kidney transplant
- You are taking medicines like Diuretics
- You have liver problem
- You are suffering from heart failure or any heart disease
- Caution is required if you are a diabetic and taking medicines like Enalapril, Lisinopril, Ramipril
Mode of Action of Zotan 50mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Angiotensin-II released in your body causes the blood vessels to narrow, which leads to an increase in blood pressure. Zotan 50mg Tab prevents the binding of Angiotensin-II to its receptors, thus causing the blood vessels to relax and lowers the blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Zotan 50mg Tab
Zotan 50mg Tab should be swallowed with water or as directed by the physician. The dose of this medicine should be taken at the same time every day.
Interactions of Zotan 50mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Avoid taking potassium supplements as this medicine is known to increase potassium levels
- Medicines which are known to increase potassium levels like Diuretics (Amiloride, Triamterene, Spironolactone)
- Medicines which increase the serum potassium like Heparin, Trimethoprim-containing medicines
- Medicines used to treat depression like Lithium
- Medicines used to treat specific cancer like Amifostine
- Medicine used to treat muscle spasm like Baclofen
- Medicines used to treat pain and swelling like Indomethacin can decrease the effect of this medicine
- Medicines used to treat blood pressure like ACE-inhibitor or Aliskiren can cause severe fall in blood pressure
Interactions with food items
Zotan 50mg Tab can be taken with or without food; it is advised to avoid high potassium-containing foods.
Storage and disposal of Zotan 50mg Tab
- Do not store above 25°C
- Store it in the original packaging to protect it from sunlight and moisture
- Keep out of sight and reach of children
Dosage of Zotan 50mg Tab
- Overdose symptoms can include dizziness, increased levels of potassium in the blood, kidney failure, loss of consciousness
- Seek emergency medical help if you experience any of the side effects
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare professional before I start treatment with Zotan 50mg Tab?
- You must give an account of your past and present diseases, especially diabetes and all the ongoing medications, supplements and herbal medicines that you are taking.
- If you take antidiabetic medication or insulin, track your blood sugar carefully while taking losartan, particularly during the first month of its use.
- The combination of these diabetes medicines when on losartan may cause significant changes in your blood sugar levels owing to drug-drug interactions. Hence, sharing complete history is of utmost importance.read less
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions to be followed when I am taking this medicine?
- Yes, avoid high potassium-containing foods (spinach, banana, peas, kidney beans)
- Low-salt diet preferred
- Avoid fruits, foods and health supplements with high potassium content
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved