Zostum 1.5gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
Zostum 1.5gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection Description
Zostum 1.5g injection contains sulbactam and cefoperazone, penicillin and cephalosporin class of medicine. It is used to treat severe bacterial infections of the lungs, airways, urinary tract, skin,
soft tissues, joints and bones. Zostum is a combination of antibiotics that inhibits the growth of bacteria, thus killing them. It further prevents the spread of infection. Zostum 1.5g injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse at the clinic or hospital setup. The side effects of Zostum injection are diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, headache, injection site, pain and inflammation. If you feel the side effects persist or the condition worsens, you must inform the doctor. Discuss with your doctor all the existing medication, supplements and disease conditions, before starting Zostum.
|You Save||₹62.01 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Cefoperazone(1.0 G) + Sulbactam(500.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Pain, inflammation and swelling at injection site, diarrhoea|
Uses of Zostum 1.5gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
Contraindications of Zostum 1.5gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
Side effects of Zostum 1.5gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
- Loose stools
- Allergic reactions
- Pain and tenderness at the injection site
- Rashes with redness of skin (maculopapular rash)
- Pale red bumps and swelling in the skin (urticaria)
- Abnormal blood cell count
Precautions and Warnings of Zostum 1.5gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
- No information is available about the safety of Zostum-1.5g injection during pregnancy.
- Consult the doctor if you are pregnant, the doctor will tell you about the use of the medicine after assessing the need.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when you have taken Zostum-1.5g injection as it causes reactions like flushing, sweating, headache or fast heartbeats.
- Avoid alcohol for at least five days after the last dose of the medicine.
Other General Warnings
- You have an allergic reaction to antibiotics.
- You have a disease of the liver and kidney.
- You are taking blood-thinning medicines.
- You suffer from diarrhoea when on treatment or even after discontinuing treatment.
- You notice abnormal bleeding.
Mode of Action of Zostum 1.5gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zostum 1.5gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
Interactions of Zostum 1.5gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- No interaction is available of Zostum-1.5g injection with other drugs. The medicine contains sulbactam and cefoperazone, interactions are seen with the two components when taken alone may occur with this combination....
- Medicines or solutions containing ethanol causes flushing, sweating, headache and increased heartbeat.
- If you are taking antibiotics of the aminoglycoside class, it is advisable to monitor kidney functions.
- Medicine used for the treatment of gout (probenecid).
Storage and disposal of Zostum 1.5gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
- Store the medicine below 25°C.
- Protect it from light.
- Keep it away from children.
- The unused portion must not be stored and should be discarded.
Dosage of Zostum 1.5gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)