Zolipax Sr 0.5mg Tab
By RELIANCE FORMULATION PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zolipax Sr tablet is a prescription medication. It is most commonly used for the short term management of several mood disorders. Lowering symptoms of anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and anxiety in patients with depression are some of the uses of the Zolipax Sr tablet. Zolipax Sr tablet has one active ingredient: Alprazolam. It is a prescription medicine. It restores the balance of various chemical substances in the brain. The correct dosage of Zolipax Sr tablet helps manage symptoms like fear, anxiousness, nervousness, etc. Zolipax Sr tablets can cause both physical and psychological dependence. It also has the potential to be habit-forming. Tiredness, sleepiness, dry mouth, weight gain and loss are some of the side effects of the Zolipax Sr tablet....
|You Save||₹3.96 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Anxiety, panic disorder, anxiety associated with depression.|
|Side effects||Lightheadedness, changes in appetite, difficulty concentrating, weight changes, Balancing problems, Suicidal thoughts, Hallucinations,|
Check more medicines with composition as Alprazolam(0.5 Mg)
Uses of Zolipax Sr 0.5 MG
- As per CDSCO, Zolipax Sr tablets are helpful in,
- Immediate or short term management of the symptoms of an Anxiety disorder (symptoms such as restlessness, irritability, tiredness, problems with focusing, etc.).
- Management of panic attacks. Helps feel calm and improves cognitive abilities.
- Treatment for managing anxiety in patients with depression for a short duration.
Contraindications of Zolipax Sr 0.5 MG
- If you have a history of an allergic reaction to any component of the Zolipax Sr tablet.
- If you have respiratory depression, which is a slow and steady decline in breathing.
- If you have been nursing, this can have adverse effects on newborn babies.
- If you are using any narcotic or opioid pain relievers.
- If you were diagnosed with an eye disorder, closed-angle glaucoma, this medicine could increase the fluid pressure in the eye.
- If you have some respiratory problems such as asthma, obstructive sleep apnea, etc.
- If you are at risk of having sudden dizzy spells.
- If You have a fungal infection and are using the treatment for it.
- If you have a seizure disorder and are under antiepileptic medication.
- If you have a history of lung, kidney, or liver disease.
- Note - Zolipax Sr tablet is not suitable for children younger than 18.
Side effects of Zolipax Sr 0.5 MG
- Blurred speech
- Dry mouth
- Change in sex drive
- Balancing problems
Precautions and Warnings of Zolipax Sr 0.5 MG
Can I take the Zolipax Sr tablet during pregnancy?
No, Zolipax Sr tablets are unsafe during pregnancy. A few studies have concluded that there is a definite risk to the developing unborn baby. Sometimes doctors may prescribe it during serious conditions. Do not take Zolipax Sr tablet without consulting your doctor.
Can I take the Zolipax Sr tablet while breastfeeding?
No, it would be better to consult your doctor before taking the Zolipax Sr tablet. They can be unsafe in breastfeeding women and babies. There is only some data available on the effects of Zolipax Sr tablet on the breastfeeding baby. Studies suggested that the tablet may pass into the milk and cause side effects on the baby.
Can I drive if I have taken the Zolipax Sr tablet?
No, do not drive after taking the Zolipax Sr tablet. It can lead to side effects like sleepiness, lightheadedness, and blurred vision that can affect your ability to drive or operate heavy machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with the Zolipax Sr tablet?
No, you cannot consume alcohol with a Zolipax Sr tablet. It can interfere with the effects of Zolipax Sr medicine and cause many side effects. It also exaggerates the effects of alcohol, such as vomiting, dizziness, etc.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience suicidal thoughts after taking the Zolipax Sr tablet.
- You are an older patient over the age of 65. Zolipax Sr tablets may cause severe side effects due to slow metabolism in older people.
- You are planning to have a surgical or dental procedure.
- You have symptoms like sweating, nausea, agitation, tremors, and confusion. Do not stop these tablets suddenly. Their dose needs to be slowly tapered.
- You are using any ayurvedic, herbal medicines, vitamins, and supplements. Some of them can interfere with this medicine and can cause adverse effects.
- You conceive or are planning a pregnancy during the course of medication.
- You are using oral contraceptives.
- You have been previously known to have issues with alcohol addiction or substance abuse; Zolipax Sr tablet can be habit-forming.
- You see sudden mood changes, suicidal thoughts or other harmful behaviour.
Mode of Action of Zolipax Sr 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Zolipax Sr tablets contain a single ingredient: Alprazolam. It belongs to the tranquillisers and benzodiazepines (depressants) class of medicines. It binds to specific receptors in the brain, increasing the activity of GABA (gamma-Aminobutyric acid), a neurotransmitter (chemical messenger) in the brain and nervous system. Increasing the effects of GABA causes suppression of the excessive and abnormal electrical activity of the nerve cells in the brain. It promotes calming sensations. However, Zolipax medicine does not cause any changes to the levels of GABA in the body....
Directions for Use of Zolipax Sr 0.5 MG
- Take Zolipax Sr tablets just as the doctor prescribed to you.
- Do not change the dose of Zolipax Sr tablet, even if you do not see its effects.
- Do not try to break or chew it. Take the pill as a whole with a glass of water.
- It is better to not take it with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not use Zolipax Srmedicine if its packaging has been already opened.
- Do not suddenly stop taking Zolipax Sr tablet, as it can cause adverse effects from withdrawal.
- Always check the expiration date before taking the tablet.
Interactions of Zolipax Sr 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- If you are currently using antidepressants or mood-elevating medicines such as fluoxetine and desipramine. Using Zolipax Sr tablet medicine can cause increased side effects.
- Do not mix Zolipax Sr tablets with antihistamines (allergy medicines), opioid painkillers, sleeping pills, etc., as it can increase drowsiness and fatigue.
- If you take treatment antifungal medication like itraconazole and ketoconazole. This medicine can reduce their effects.
- Zolipax Sr tablets can reduce the effect of oral contraceptives or birth control pills.
- Do not take other sedatives like sertraline, as it enhances the side effects.
- Avoid using a herbal product called St. John's wort, a medicinal herb that helps manage depression, with Zolipax Sr tablets.
Interactions with food items
- Try to avoid taking grapefruit and its juice; it reduces the effect of Zolipax Srmedicine.
Storage and disposal of Zolipax Sr 0.5 MG
Store Zolipax Sr tablets in a dry area, away from direct sunlight and humid conditions. Keep Zolipax Sr tablets away from children and pets. Please dispose of this tablet's packaging carefully after using them. Throw them away if the package has been already opened. Do not use this medication if it is past its expiration date....
Dosage of Zolipax Sr 0.5 MG
Zolipax Sr tablet overdose can cause symptoms like extreme drowsiness, dizziness, problems with balance, confusion, loss of balance, difficulty conversing, yellowing of eyes and skin (due to liver failure), seizures, and loss of consciousness. If you overdose on Zolipax Srmedicine and experience any of these symptoms, immediately seek emergency medical treatment from a hospital closer to you....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of your Zolipax Sr tablet, take it as soon as you recall. If you recall the missed dose when it is already time to take the next Zoliapax tablet, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Consult your doctor if you have any doubts about the doses or missed more than a few simultaneously. Do not ever take both the tablets together, as they can lead to side effects....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop using a Zolipax Sr tablet if I am feeling better?
A: No, Zolipax Sr tablets for the exact dosage and duration prescribed by the doctor. Do not stop using it suddenly. It can cause withdrawal symptoms like sweating, nausea, vomiting, irritation, agitation, etc. The dose needs to be slowly tapered to prevent them. Consult your doctor if you want to stop using it.
Q: Can I use Zolipax Sr tablet if I have seizures?
A: Do not use the Zolipax Sr tablet without talking to your doctor if you have seizure disorders or fits. Zolipax Sr tablets can have interactions that can worsen the condition or cause side effects. Please consult your doctor for the correct treatment.
Q: Can I use a Zolipax Sr Tablet safely for a long duration?
A: It is better to use Zolipax Sr tablets in the precise duration advised by your doctor. Do not use it for longer or increase the dose. Zolipax sr tablets can cause dependency, both physical and psychological, when you use them for a long time. So, the dosage and duration should be carefully monitored.
- Alprazolam: Medlineplus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Feb 26]. Available from:
- Ait-Daoud N, Hamby AS, Sharma S, Blevins D. A review of Alprazolam use, misuse, and withdrawal [Internet]. Journal of addiction medicine. U.S. National Library of Medicine; 2018 [cited 2022 Feb 26]. Available from:
- Singh T, Rajput MI. Alprazolam as monotherapy for anxiety and depression [Internet]. Psychiatry (Edgmont (Pa. : Township)). Matrix Medical Communications; 2005 [cited 2022 Feb 26]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 Feb 26]. Available from:
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.