Zolipax Sr 0.5mg Tablets
Zolipax Sr 0.5 MG Description
Zolipax Sr tablet is a prescription medication. It is most commonly used for the short term management of several mood disorders. Lowering symptoms of anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and anxiety in
patients with depression are some of the uses of the Zolipax Sr tablet. Zolipax Sr tablet has one active ingredient: Alprazolam. It is a prescription medicine. It restores the balance of various chemical substances in the brain. The correct dosage of Zolipax Sr tablet helps manage symptoms like fear, anxiousness, nervousness, etc. Zolipax Sr tablets can cause both physical and psychological dependence. It also has the potential to be habit-forming. Tiredness, sleepiness, dry mouth, weight gain and loss are some of the side effects of the Zolipax Sr tablet.
|You Save||₹3.65 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Anxiety, panic disorder, anxiety associated with depression.|
|Side effects||Lightheadedness, changes in appetite, difficulty concentrating, weight changes, Balancing problems, Suicidal thoughts, Hallucinations,|
Uses of Zolipax Sr 0.5 MG
- As per CDSCO, Zolipax Sr tablets are helpful in,
- Immediate or short term management of the symptoms of an Anxiety disorder (symptoms such as restlessness, irritability, tiredness, problems with focusing, etc.).
- Management of panic attacks. Helps feel calm and improves cognitive abilities.
- Treatment for managing anxiety in patients with depression for a short duration.
Contraindications of Zolipax Sr 0.5 MG
- If you have a history of an allergic reaction to any component of the Zolipax Sr tablet.
- If you have respiratory depression, which is a slow and steady decline in breathing.
- If you have been nursing, this can have adverse effects on newborn babies.
- If you are using any narcotic or opioid pain relievers.
- If you were diagnosed with an eye disorder, closed-angle glaucoma, this medicine could increase the fluid pressure in the eye.
- If you have some respiratory problems such as asthma, obstructive sleep apnea, etc.
- If you are at risk of having sudden dizzy spells.
- If You have a fungal infection and are using the treatment for it.
- If you have a seizure disorder and are under antiepileptic medication.
- If you have a history of lung, kidney, or liver disease.
- Note - Zolipax Sr tablet is not suitable for children younger than 18.
Side effects of Zolipax Sr 0.5 MG
- Blurred speech
- Dry mouth
- Change in sex drive
- Balancing problems
Precautions and Warnings of Zolipax Sr 0.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience suicidal thoughts after taking the Zolipax Sr tablet.
- You are an older patient over the age of 65. Zolipax Sr tablets may cause severe side effects due to slow metabolism in older people.
- You are planning to have a surgical or dental procedure.
- You have symptoms like sweating, nausea, agitation, tremors, and confusion. Do not stop these tablets suddenly. Their dose needs to be slowly tapered.
- You are using any ayurvedic, herbal medicines, vitamins, and supplements. Some of them can interfere with this medicine and can cause adverse effects.
- You conceive or are planning a pregnancy during the course of medication.
- You are using oral contraceptives.
- You have been previously known to have issues with alcohol addiction or substance abuse; Zolipax Sr tablet can be habit-forming.
- You see sudden mood changes, suicidal thoughts or other harmful behaviour.
Mode of Action of Zolipax Sr 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zolipax Sr 0.5 MG
- Take Zolipax Sr tablets just as the doctor prescribed to you.
- Do not change the dose of Zolipax Sr tablet, even if you do not see its effects.
- Do not try to break or chew it. Take the pill as a whole with a glass of water.
- It is better to not take it with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not use Zolipax Srmedicine if its packaging has been already opened.
- Do not suddenly stop taking Zolipax Sr tablet, as it can cause adverse effects from withdrawal.
- Always check the expiration date before taking the tablet.
Interactions of Zolipax Sr 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- If you are currently using antidepressants or mood-elevating medicines such as fluoxetine and desipramine. Using Zolipax Sr tablet medicine can cause increased side effects.
- Do not mix Zolipax Sr tablets with antihistamines (allergy medicines), opioid painkillers, sleeping pills, etc., as it can increase drowsiness and fatigue.
- If you take treatment antifungal medication like itraconazole and ketoconazole. This medicine can reduce their effects.
- Zolipax Sr tablets can reduce the effect of oral contraceptives or birth control pills.
- Do not take other sedatives like sertraline, as it enhances the side effects.
- Avoid using a herbal product called St. John's wort, a medicinal herb that helps manage depression, with Zolipax Sr tablets.
Interactions with food items
- Try to avoid taking grapefruit and its juice; it reduces the effect of Zolipax Srmedicine.
Storage and disposal of Zolipax Sr 0.5 MG
Dosage of Zolipax Sr 0.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop using a Zolipax Sr tablet if I am feeling better?
Q: Can I use Zolipax Sr tablet if I have seizures?
Q: Can I use a Zolipax Sr Tablet safely for a long duration?
- Alprazolam: Medlineplus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Feb 26]. Available from:
- Ait-Daoud N, Hamby AS, Sharma S, Blevins D. A review of Alprazolam use, misuse, and withdrawal [Internet]. Journal of addiction medicine. U.S. National Library of Medicine; 2018 [cited 2022 Feb 26]. Available from:
- Singh T, Rajput MI. Alprazolam as monotherapy for anxiety and depression [Internet]. Psychiatry (Edgmont (Pa. : Township)). Matrix Medical Communications; 2005 [cited 2022 Feb 26]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 Feb 26]. Available from: