Zocef 500 Mg Injection 1
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
5 Injection(s) in Injection
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zocef 500 injection is used for the treatment of severe infections of the skin, ears, throat, respiratory tract, urinary tract, etc. It is an antibiotic containing Cefuroxime as its active ingredient. This medicine will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection. Do not self-inject this medicine. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects while on treatment with Zocef 500 injection, but they normally fade away with time. Please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen.
Uses of Zocef 500 Mg Injection 1
- Severe infections of tonsils, throat, sinus, ears
- Respiratory tract infections
- Bloodstream infection
- Inflammation of the protective layer of the brain and spinal cord
- Genital organ infection in male and females (gonorrhea)
- Infection of urinary tract
- Infections of the skin, soft tissue
Contraindications of Zocef 500 Mg Injection 1
- If you are allergic to Cefuroxime or any of the other ingredients of Zocef 500 injection.
- If you have a history of a severe allergic reaction to Penicillin, Monobactams, Carbapenems or other Beta-Lactam antibiotics.
Side effects of Zocef 500 Mg Injection 1
- Injection site inflammation that forms clot or block in the vein
- Stomach pain
- Raised liver enzyme or white blood cells
- Increased chances of fungal infections
Precautions and Warnings of Zocef 500 Mg Injection 1
Can I take Zocef 500 injection during pregnancy?
Zocef 500 injection should not be used during pregnancy, as there is limited information about its safety in human pregnancy.
Can I take Zocef 500 injection while breastfeeding?
- Cefuroxime passes into breast milk in small quantities.
- Perceive if prescribed by your physician.
- Watch for diarrhea in the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zocef 500 injection?
Zocef 500 injection may cause dizziness as a side effect, thus caution is advised while driving or operating heavy machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Zocef 500 injection?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Zocef 500 injection, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop white patches in your mouth.
- You have any problems with your kidneys.
- You develop rash with blisters and peeling of the skin.
- You experience continuous diarrhea. Immediately stop taking it and report to the hospital.
- You experience difficulty in breathing, rashes, swelling of the face or mouth after using Zocef 500 injection.
Mode of Action of Zocef 500 Mg Injection 1
How Does It Work?
Cefuroxime in Zocef 500 injection works by stopping bacterial cell wall synthesis. The absence of a bacterial cell wall results in the death of bacteria.
Directions for Use of Zocef 500 Mg Injection 1
- Zocef 500 injection will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse.
- Do not self inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Zocef 500 Mg Injection 1
Interactions with other medicines
- It can cause the failure of contraceptive pills (OC pills). If you are taking the contraceptive pill while you are being treated with this medicine, you also need to use a barrier method of contraception (such as condoms)read less
- Medicines used to treat gout (Probenecid) and medicines used to thin your blood (Warfarin) should be used with caution.
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Zocef 500 Mg Injection 1
- Store Zocef 500 injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Zocef 500 Mg Injection 1
Your doctor or nurse will give this injection; therefore, it is unlikely that you overdose on Zocef 500 injection. However, overdose symptoms may include damage to the brain and fits. If you experience any symptoms right after taking this injection, seek medical help.
Missed a Dose
- Your doctor or nurse will monitor you about when the medicine should be given to you.
- It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Zocef 500 injection if I am allergic to Amoxicillin?
- No, if you have an allergy to Amoxicillin, never take this medicine as it can result in a very severe allergic reaction.
- Always inform your doctor about your allergies.
Q: Can I discontinue treatment with Zocef 500 injection before the prescribed duration?
A: No, you must finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping the medication can make the infection harder to treat.
- EMA. PIL. Cefuroxime axetil. [ Accessed 01.April.2021 ] (online)
- EMA. SmPC. Cefuroxime axetil. [ Accessed 01.April.2021 ] (online)
- Lactmed. Cefuroxime axetil. [ Accessed 01.April.2021 ] (online)
- Webmd. Cefuroxime axetil. [ Accessed 01.April.2021 ] (online)
- EMA. PIL. Zinnat. [ Accessed 01.April.2021 ] (online)
- US FDA. Zinacef.USPI. [ Accessed 01.April.2021 ] (online)
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 02 Apr 2021 | 09:14 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Upto Rs.300 Cashback on ICICI Debit & Credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved