Zocef 125 Mg Injection 1
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
5 Injection(s) in Injection
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cefuroxime Axetil is a higher antibiotic used for severe infections.
Uses of Zocef 125 Mg Injection 1
- Severe infections of tonsils, throat, sinus, ears
- Respiratory tract infections
- Bloodstream infection
- Inflammation of protective layer of brain and spinal cord
- Genital organ infection in male and females (gonorrhea)
- Infection of urinary tract
- Infections of skin, soft tissue
Contraindications of Zocef 125 Mg Injection 1
- If you are allergic to Cefuroxime Axetil or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have a history of severe allergic reaction to Penicillin, Monobactams, Carbapenems or other Beta-Lactam antibiotic
Side effects of Zocef 125 Mg Injection 1
- Injection site inflammation that forms clot or block in the vein (thrombophlebitis)
- Headache, dizziness
- Increased chances of fungal infections
- Stomach pain
- Raised liver enzyme or white blood cells
Precautions and Warnings of Zocef 125 Mg Injection 1
Can I take Zocef 125 Mg Injection 1 during pregnancy?
The effect of this medicine on the fetus is not known. Do not start this medication if you are pregnant.
Can I take Zocef 125 Mg Injection 1 while breastfeeding?
- Cefuroxime Axetil passes into breast milk in small quantities
- Perceive if prescribed by your physician
- Watch for diarrhea in the breastfed baby
Can I drive if I have consumed Zocef 125 Mg Injection 1?
It may cause dizziness. Hence caution is advised during driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Zocef 125 Mg Injection 1?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and Cefuroxime Axetil.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience continuous diarrhea. Immediately stop taking it and report to the hospital
- You experience difficulty in breathing, rashes, swelling of face or mouth after taking this medicine
- You develop rash with blisters and peeling of skin
- You have kidney disease
- You develop white patches in your mouth
Mode of Action of Zocef 125 Mg Injection 1
How Does It Work?
- It works by stopping bacterial cell wall synthesis
- Absence of bacterial cell wall results in the death of bacteria
Directions for Use of Zocef 125 Mg Injection 1
- This medicine will be given in hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection
- Do not self inject this medicine
Interactions of Zocef 125 Mg Injection 1
Interactions with other medicines
- It can cause the failure of contraceptive pills (OC pills). If you are taking the contraceptive pill while you are being treated with this medicine, you also need to use a barrier method of contraception (such as condoms)read less
- Medicines used to treat gout (Probenecid)
- Medicines used to thin your blood (Warfarin)
Storage and disposal of Zocef 125 Mg Injection 1
- Store below 25°C
- Protect it from direct sunlight
- Keep it away from children
Dosage of Zocef 125 Mg Injection 1
Your doctor or nurse will give this injection; therefore, it is unlikely that you overdose on the medicine. However, overdose symptoms may include damage to the brain and fits.
Missed a Dose
- Your doctor or nurse will monitor you about when the medicine should be given to you
- It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am allergic to Amoxicillin, can I take this medicine?
- No, if you have an allergy to Amoxicillin, never take this medicine as it can result in very severe allergic reaction
- Always inform your doctor about your allergies
Q: Can I stop taking injection before prescribed duration?
A: No, you must finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping the medication can make the infection harder to treat.
- Ema. PIL. Cefuroxime axetil. [Accessed 27.Dec.2019] (online)
- Ema. SmPC. Cefuroxime axetil. [Accessed 27.Dec.2019] (online)
- Lactmed. Cefuroxime axetil. [Accessed 27.Dec.2019] (online)
- Webmd.Cefuroxime axetil. [Accessed 27.Dec.2019] (online)
- Ema. PIL. Zinnat. [Accessed 27.Dec.2019] (online)
- US FDA.Zinacef.USPI.[Accessed 27.Dec.2019] (online)
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved