Zirtin Syp 30ml
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
30ml Syrup in Bottle
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zirtin Syrup is an anti-allergic medication and is used to treat symptoms associated with allergies such as itching, sneezing, watery eyes, running nose, rashes, and pale red bumps. It contains cetiri
zine as an active ingredient. Take as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Zirtin Syrup should be used with caution in children and it is recommended to consult the doctor before using the medicine in pregnant and lactating women....
Uses of Zirtin Syp 30ml
Zirtin Syrup is used to treat allergies like dust or pet allergies, sneezing, itchy, runny and blocked nose, red and watery eyes, swelling, redness and itchiness of the skin. insect bite and hives.
Contraindications of Zirtin Syp 30ml
- If you are allergic to cetirizine, Hydroxyzine or any Piperazine derivatives or other ingredients of Zirtin Syrup.
- If you have severe kidney disease.
Side effects of Zirtin Syp 30ml
- Sleepiness, drowsiness
- Swelling and irritation inside the nose (rhinitis)
- Dry mouth
- Sore throat
Precautions and Warnings of Zirtin Syp 30ml
Can I take Zirtin Syrup during pregnancy?
- Zirtin Syrup should be avoided by pregnant women.
- There are no adequate and well-controlled studies regarding the safety of the medicine in pregnant women.
- Hence it is better to avoid it in pregnancy unless specified by the physician.
- Consult the doctor for further advice.
Can I take Zirtin Syrup while breastfeeding?
Zirtin Syrup passes into breast milk; therefore, Avoid the medicine while breastfeeding unless the doctor has suggested you to do so.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zirtin Syrup?
Zirtin Syrup is known to cause sleepiness, hence driving or operating machines should be avoided while you are taking the medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Zirtin Syrup?
It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption along with Zirtin Syrup as it may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a kidney problem.
- You have bladder problems; Zirtin Syrup may increase the risk of urinary retention.
- You are suffering from fits (epilepsy).
Mode of Action of Zirtin Syp 30ml
How Does It Work?
- Histamine is a substance produced in the body in case of allergies leading to itching, runny nose, sneezing, and watery eyes.
- Zirtin Syrup works by blocking the histamine and hence decreases allergy symptoms.
Directions for Use of Zirtin Syp 30ml
- Take Zirtin Syrup as directed by the doctor.
- Read the instructions of the label before usage.
- Shake well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon, or dropper for the quantity.
Interactions of Zirtin Syp 30ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines may affect the way Zirtin Syrup works, or the medicine itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals the child is currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines used to treat anxiety, to induce sleep, for mental health problems, muscle relaxants, to relieve pain (prescription analgesics/ painkillers.
Interactions with food items
The administration of the medicine with food does not affect the way the medicine works. Zirtin Syrup may be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Zirtin Syp 30ml
- Store Zirtin Syrup at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Zirtin Syp 30ml
- Overdose causes tiredness, headache, confusion, dizziness, discomfort, skin irritation, restlessness, drowsiness, rapid heartbeat, tremor, urinary retention.
Missed a Dose
- If you experience symptoms or think you have taken too much of Zirtin Syrup, contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you missed the dose of Zirtin Syrup, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with a regular dosing schedule.
- Avoid double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precaution I need to take while on medication of Zirtin Syrup?
- Yes, Zirtin Syrup is known to cause sleepiness or drowsiness, hence never drive or activity like operating machinery after taking the medicine.
- If you develop a rash, breathing difficulty or itching immediately after taking the medicine, it may be a severe side effect, immediately seek medical help.
Q: Does Zirtin Syrup cause addiction?
A: No, Zirtin Syrup is not an addiction causing medicine. However, it should be used as per the dose and duration prescribed by the doctor.
- Cetirizine 10 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 June 2021]
- Cetirizine 10 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 June 2021]
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride Tablets, USP – Product Monograph [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 6 June 2021]
- CDSCO - Cetirizine [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 6 June 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 05 Jun 2021 | 02:19 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved