Zimigut 400mg Tablet
Zimigut 400 MG Description
Zimigut 400mg tablet is used for the treatment of hepatic encephalopathy, which occurs due to severe liver disease as a result there is a decline in brain function. It is also used to treat diarrhoea
and irritable bowel syndrome associated with diarrhoea. Zimigut 400mg tablet is an antibiotic medicine containing rifaximin as its main component. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. You should complete the entire treatment with this medicine and not stop it mid-way on your own without the knowledge of your doctor. Before starting Zimigut 400mg tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹58.65 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Hepatic encephalopathy and irritable bowel disease with diarrhoea|
|Side effects||Loss of appetite, stomach pain, dehydration, headache, dehydration|
- Rifcure 400mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 310.00₹ 263.5020.73% CHEAPER₹ 26.35/Tablet
- Rifaset 400mg TabletBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 347.00₹ 347.00₹ 34.7/Tablet
- Rcifax 400mg TabletBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 426.90₹ 362.86₹ 36.29/Tablet
- Rifastop 400mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 351.38₹ 298.6710.14% CHEAPER₹ 29.87/Tablet
- Rifaxigress 400mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 311.00₹ 264.3520.46% CHEAPER₹ 26.44/Tablet
- Rifaximax 400mg TabletBy Zuventus Health Care Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 345.35₹ 293.5511.7% CHEAPER₹ 29.36/Tablet
- Rafle 400mg TabletBy Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 371.30₹ 315.605.05% CHEAPER₹ 31.56/Tablet
- Rifagut 400mg TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 379.00₹ 322.153.1% CHEAPER₹ 32.22/Tablet
- Torfix 400mg TabletBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 377.70₹ 321.043.43% CHEAPER₹ 32.10/Tablet
- Riflect 400 Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 366.00₹ 311.106.41% CHEAPER₹ 31.11/Tablet
Uses of Zimigut 400 MG
- Zimigut 400mg tablet is used in the treatment of hepatic encephalopathy (a condition in which there is a loss of brain function when a damaged liver fails to remove toxins from the blood).
- It is also used to treat infectious diarrhoea and irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhoea.
Contraindications of Zimigut 400 MG
- If you are allergic to rifaximin or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have liver disease.
- If you have diarrhoea that is caused due to other factors but not bacteria, for example, viral diarrhoea.
- If you have symptoms of blockage in the bowel, stomach pain or constipation.
- If you have bloody diarrhoea.
- If you have diarrhoea along with fever.
- If you experience allergic reactions with rifabutin, rifapentine or rifampicin.
Side effects of Zimigut 400 MG
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Zimigut 400 MG
Other General Warnings
Mode of Action of Zimigut 400 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zimigut 400 MG
- Follow your doctor's instructions while taking Zimigut 400mg tablet.
- You should swallow it with a glass of water.
- Do not break, cut or chew the tablet.
- You should take it regularly and preferably at a fixed time.
- Do not consume it more or longer than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Zimigut 400 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Zimigut 400mg tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Zimigut 400mg tablet might interact with cholera and the BCG vaccine.
- This medicine might alter the effects of other medicines such as erythromycin, diltiazem, azithromycin, warfarin and anti-fungal medications.
Storage and disposal of Zimigut 400 MG
- Store Zimigut 400mg tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Zimigut 400 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Zimigut 400mg tablet if I have severe liver disease?
Q: I recently had antibiotic-induced diarrhoea. Can I still take Zimigut 400mg tablet?
Q: Is it okay to take an extra dose if I have missed a dose?
Q: Zimigut 200 or 400, which is a better medicine to treat diarrhoea?
Q: How long Zimigut 400 can be taken?
Q: What is the use of Zimigut 400?
Q: Can Zimigut 400 be taken empty stomach?
Q: What are the side effects of the Zimigut tablet?
Q: Can Zimigut cause diarrhoea?
- TARGAXAN 550 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 15 March 2022]
- TARGAXAN 550 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 15 March 2022]
- Rifaximin (Oral Route) Proper Use - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2021 [cited 15 March 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 15 March 2022]