Zerodol P Tablet
By IPCA LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zerodol P tablet is used for the management of pain, swelling and inflammation associated with conditions like arthritis, spondylitis and lower back pain. It can also be used in relieving a headache, toothache, ear pain, etc. Zerodol P tablet is a combination of aceclofenac and paracetamol. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Swallow it as a with a glass of water, with or after having your food to avoid stomach problems. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history. You should avoid taking the Zerodol P tablet too often or for prolonged periods since it contains paracetamol, which is known to cause liver-related problems and allergic reactions (swelling of the face, mouth and throat, difficulty in breathing, itching or rash) if taken more than the recommended dose.
Uses of Zerodol P Tablet
- Zerodol P is useful in relieving pain and swelling associated with bones and joints in conditions such as arthritis, spondylitis and low back pain. It is also useful in gynecological pain, toothache, headache, pain and swelling in the ear, nose and throat.read less
Contraindications of Zerodol P Tablet
- If you are allergic to aceclofenac, paracetamol or any of the ingredients of Zerodol P Tablet.
- If you have a history of asthma, skin rashes, swelling & nasal congestion after taking painkillers.
- If you have a history of or currently have stomach ulcers or bleeding in any part of the digestive tract.
- If you have a heart failure problem, high blood pressure, liver or kidney-related problem.
- If you are pregnant, this medicine should not be taken, especially in the third trimester of pregnancy.
Side effects of Zerodol P Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Mouth ulcers
- Black stools
- Loose motions
- Skin rashes
- Excess sleepiness
Precautions and Warnings of Zerodol P Tablet
Can I take the Zerodol P Tablet during pregnancy?
It is unsafe to take the Zerodol P Tablet during pregnancy, as it can lead to birth defects in the growing foetus. Hence, it should not be taken by a pregnant woman. Taking this medicine while you are pregnant can cause defects in the baby's heart or even delay of labour and increase the risk of bleeding in the mother and baby.
Can I take Zerodol P Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advisable not to take this medicine during breastfeeding, as components of Zerodol P tablet can pass in breast milk and produce undesirable effects in the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zerodol P Tablet?
It is advisable not to drive or use machines when you have taken Zerodol P Tablet, as it may cause dizziness.
Can I consume alcohol with Zerodol P Tablet?
It is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol while taking the Zerodol P tablet. Discuss with your doctor if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a kidney or liver problem or blood clotting disorder.
- You have a bleeding problem in the stomach, ulcers in the intestine (perforation) or Crohn's disease.
- You have asthma, as this medicine can worsen the symptoms of asthma.
- You have an autoimmune disease called systemic lupus erythematosus.
- You are an alcoholic, as concomitant use of this medicine can damage the liver.
- You experience skin rashes & lesions after taking Zerodol P tablet.
- You are an elderly patient or taking water pills or have kidney disorders; this medicine can increase the risk of kidney failure. Your doctor may ask you to do renal function tests for the same.
Mode of Action of Zerodol P Tablet
How Does It Work?
Zerodol P works by interfering with the production of a chemical called prostaglandins, which is responsible for swelling and pain. Paracetamol reduces the level of the sensation of pain.
Directions for Use of Zerodol P Tablet
- Zerodol P Tablet should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
- You can take it with food or after food.
Interactions of Zerodol P Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Zerodol P can interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements and herbal preparations you are taking to avoid any interactions.read less
- Other medicines containing paracetamol should not be taken along with Zerodol P, as there is an increased risk of liver damage.
- Zerodol P can interfere with the blood pressure-lowering action of medicines used to treat high blood pressure.
- Medicines like water pills, digoxin (used for heart conditions), ciclosporin & tacrolimus (used to modify immune response) if taken along can lead to kidney problems and hence should be used cautiously.read less
- There is an increase in the risk of getting stomach ulcers or bleeding when Zerodol P is taken along with steroids.
- There is a risk of bleeding if Zerodol P is taken along with blood thinners such as warfarin.
- You may experience fits and seizures if you are taking this medicine with antibiotics like levofloxacin, ciprofloxacin.
- Antidiabetic medicines, if taken along with Zerodol P, be cautious about symptoms of low glucose levels like sweating, anxiety, fast heartbeat, hunger pangs.
Storage and disposal of Zerodol P Tablet
- Store Zerodol P tablets in a cool and dry place and away from light.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Zerodol P Tablet
Taking Zerodol P Tablet in high doses may result in severe liver damage. Other symptoms of overdose are headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea, unconsciousness, excitation, coma, dizziness, low blood pressure, fits and difficulty in breathing. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Zerodol P tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions do I need to take before taking Zerodol P Tablet?
- Yes, you need to tell your doctor if you are taking any other medicine for pain, fever or arthritis.
- Take medicine only for the duration as prescribed by your doctor. Never take a dose more than what is prescribed, as it can result in an overdose.
- Be cautious about stomach pain, blood in vomit, dark stools; these could be signs of bleeding in your stomach or intestine Immediately stop taking medicine and inform your doctor.
Q: Does Zerodol P cause addiction?
A: No, Zerodol P is not an addiction causing medicine. However, it should be used as per the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can children use Zerodol P?
A: No, the Zerodol P tablet is meant to be used in adults only. Do not give any medicine to your child without consulting with the paediatrician.
Q: Can I take paracetamol with Zerodol P?
A: Zerodol P already contains paracetamol and aceclofenac. Do not take additional paracetamol. If your pain is not relieved, then consult your doctor as the doctor may increase the dose or add another medicine based on your condition.
Q: Is Zerodol P a painkiller?
A: Yes, the Zerodol P tablet is a painkiller. It contains paracetamol and aceclofenac, which has pain-relieving actions.
Q: Can I take Zerodol P with antibiotics?
A: Zerodol P may interact with a few of the antibiotics and produce an altered response. Consult your doctor for detailed information as to which antibiotic you are referring to.
Q: Can Zerodol P be used for fever?
A: Zerodol P tablet can be used to reduce fever, but it should not be used without a doctor's prescription. Your doctor may advise you this medicine based on your condition and its severity.
Q: Zerodol P vs Dolo 650, which of these is a better painkiller medicine?
A: Dolo 650 tablet contains paracetamol as it's active medicine and is generally used in the management of pain. Zerodol P tablet contains a combination of paracetamol and aceclofenac, it is also used as a painkiller in various conditions. Based on the cause of pain and the part of the body affected your doctor shall prescribe one of these medicines. Do not self-medicate without consulting with your doctor.
Q: What is the difference between Zerodol P and Zerodol TH?
A: Zerodol P tablet is a combination of paracetamol and aceclofenac whereas Zerodol TH tablet is a combination of aceclofenac and thiocolchicoside. Both these medicines are used as painkillers in various conditions. After your diagnosis and assessing your medical conditions your doctor shall prescribe you one of these medicines. You should only take the medicine as prescribed by your doctor, do not self-medicate.
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹8.24 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Aceclofenac(100.0 Mg),Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(325.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Pain and inflammation|
|Side effects||Stomach pain, indigestion, constipation, mouth ulcers, loose motions|
Last Updated on: 03 May 2021 | 04:03 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved