Acenac P Tablet
By MEDLEY PHARMACEUTICAL PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Acenac-P Tablet contains aceclofenac and paracetamol. The medicine is a painkiller known as an analgesic medicine. Acenac-P provides relief from pain, inflammation and swellings of joints, spinal cord
, ear, nose, throat, dental, lower back, lower abdominal pain and menstrual cramps. Aceclofenac and paracetamol alter the release of the chemical substance prostaglandin, responsible for pain and inflammation....
Uses of Acenac P Tablet
- It is used to treat pain and swelling of joints (osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis).
- It is used to treat pain and inflammation of the spinal cord (ankylosing spondylitis).
- It is used to treat pain and swelling in the ear, nose or throat, lower back pain.
- It is used to treat lower abdominal pain, uterine cramps and pain related to periods (Gynecological pain).
- It is used for toothache.
Contraindications of Acenac P Tablet
- If you are allergic to Aceclofenac, Paracetamol or other ingredients of Acenac-P Tablet.
- If you have a history of asthma, skin rashes, swelling and nasal congestion after taking aspirin, ibuprofen or other NSAID's.
- If you have stomach ulcers or bleeding.
- If you have heart problems like heart failure, high blood pressure.
- If you have liver or kidney disorders.
- If you are pregnant, in the third trimester of pregnancy.
Side effects of Acenac P Tablet
- Nausea, vomiting (with or without blood)
- Stomach pain
- Mouth ulcers
- Black stools
- Loose motions
- Skin rashes
Precautions and Warnings of Acenac P Tablet
Can I take the Acenac-P Tablet during pregnancy?
Avoid during pregnancy. It must not be taken by pregnant women. Taking the medicine in pregnancy either cause birth defects in the unborn baby, delay the delivery at the term or increase the risk of bleeding.
Can I take the Acenac-P Tablet while breastfeeding?
Avoid if you are breastfeeding as it may cause harm to the newborn baby. Inform the physician if you are a nursing mother.
Can I drive after consuming the Acenac-P Tablet?
Avoid driving or use machines when you have taken the Acenac-P Tablet as it may cause dizziness.
Can I consume alcohol with the Acenac-P Tablet?
Avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment with Acenac-P Tablet as it may worsen liver problems. Contact the doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney problems or liver problems.
- You are an elderly patient or taking diuretics or have kidney disorders; the medicine increases the risk of kidney failure. The doctor suggests you do renal function tests for the same.
- You suffer from gastrointestinal problems like bleeding, ulcers in the intestine (perforation) or Crohn's disease.
- You have asthma as the medicine worsen the same.
- You have SLE.
- You are an alcoholic, as concomitant use of the medicine damages the liver.
- You have disorders related to blood clotting.
Mode of Action of Acenac P Tablet
How Does It Work?
The human body releases chemicals called prostaglandins in response to injury or cell damage or swelling. These are substances that cause swelling, rise in temperature and pain. The active ingredients
in Aceclofenac and Paracetamol in Acenac-P Tablet interferes with the production to control the fever or pain....
Directions for Use of Acenac P Tablet
Acenac-P Tablet must be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water and take after food. Take it as suggested by the doctor to gain optimal benefits.
Interactions of Acenac P Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- No drug interaction reports are available for the combination. The medicine contains aceclofenac and paracetamol, interactions are seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with the combination too....Read more
- Medicines contain paracetamol, as there is an increased risk of liver damage.
- Medicines affect the way Acenac P Tablet works or Acenac P Tablet itself affects the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Taking medicines like steroids, blood thinners, medicines to treat nausea, water pills, blood pressure, mental illnesses, arthritis medications, immune medications, medicines to treat gout, antibiotics, etc....Read more
- Medicines used to treat heart failure (Cardiac glycosides), to treat a type of cancer like methotrexate, used to modify an immune response during an organ transplant like cyclosporine and tacrolimus result in kidney damage if taken with the medicine....Read more
- It increases the risk of stomach ulcers or bleeding when taken with steroids.
- Increased risk of fits if you are taking the medicine with antibiotics like levofloxacin, ciprofloxacin (Quinolone).
- Medicines used to treat HIV infections like zidovudine.
- If you are taking medicines to treat diabetes, be cautious about symptoms of low glucose levels like sweating, anxiety, fast heartbeats and hunger pangs.
- Medicines used for fits, seizures & depression-like phenobarbital, carbamazepine, phenytoin.
- Medicine used to treat gout-like probenecid.
- Medicine used to treat tuberculosis (TB), rifampicin.
- Medicine used for pain relief like aspirin.
- Medicine used to treat mental problems like depression and the blues (St. John's Wort).
Storage and disposal of Acenac P Tablet
- Store at a cool and dry place and away from light.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Acenac P Tablet
Individuals may experience symptoms like nausea, vomiting, stomach disturbances, skin rashes, chills, fever, etc. An overdose of the medicine must be reported to the treating doctor or nearby hospital
. Always carry the package of the tablet along with you for assessment of the severity of an overdose....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking a dose of the medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking a do
uble dose to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the precautions that I need to take before consuming the Acenac-P Tablet?
- Inform the doctor if you are taking other medicines for pain, fever or arthritis.
- Take the medicine for the exact duration as prescribed by the doctor.
- Avoid taking more than the prescribed dose as it results in an overdose.
- Be cautious about stomach pain, blood in vomit, dark stools; these could be signs of bleeding in the stomach or intestine. Immediately stop taking the medicine and inform the doctor.
Q: Is Acenac-P a painkiller?
A: Yes, Acenac-P Tablet is a painkiller. It is used to provide symptomatic relief from pain and inflammation.
Q: Is it safe to use my regular painkillers along with the Acenac-P Tablet?
A: No, it is not safe to take other medicines to relieve pain along with Acenac-P. Concomitant use of painkillers causes adverse effects like stomach-intestinal bleeding and liver damage.
|You Save||₹9.15 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Aceclofenac(100.0 Mg),Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(500.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, stomach upset, indigestion|
Last Updated on: 18 Jun 2021 | 06:51 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved