Zenflox Bottle Of 100ml Infusion
Zenflox 200 MG/100ML Description
Zenflox Infusion is an antibiotic medicine used for the treatment of certain bacterial infections like infection of lungs, airways, throat, skin, soft tissues and urinary tract. It contains ofloxacin
. It is not to be used in viral infections like flu, cold, etc. It will be administered in a hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse as an injection. Inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about the detailed medical history, before starting the medicine.
Uses of Zenflox 200 MG/100ML
Contraindications of Zenflox 200 MG/100ML
- If you are allergic to ofloxacin or other ingredients of Zenflox Infusion.
- If you have a history of fits.
- Having problems related to a tendon (tissue connecting muscles to bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis).
- If you are pregnant or are planning to conceive or if you are breastfeeding.
- If your age is less than 18 years.
- You may have Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells) or a family history of this deficiency.
Side effects of Zenflox 200 MG/100ML
- Injection site reaction like pain, swelling and redness.
- Swelling of veins (phlebitis).
Precautions and Warnings of Zenflox 200 MG/100ML
Other General Warnings
- You may experience pain, swelling or weakness of joints, muscle weakness, joint pain, nerve-related problems, confusion, lack of sleep, anxiety, fits, etc. during the treatment.
- You may experience allergic reaction like swollen throat, face, rash, fever, breathing difficulty, other infection after taking Zenflox Infusion.
- You may experience severe and persistent diarrhoea after taking the medicine.
- You may have a pre-existing medical condition like kidney or liver-related problems, diabetes, or kind of heart problems like abnormal heart rhythm, brain-related disorder, etc.
- You are going out in the sun, cover your skin properly and apply sunscreen during the treatment.
- If you suffer from diabetes, you need to be careful as a drop in blood glucose occurs, watch for headache, weakness, tremors, sweating.
- It is advised to keep yourself well hydrated during the treatment.
- Keep a regular check on liver or kidney function during prolonged treatment.
Mode of Action of Zenflox 200 MG/100ML
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zenflox 200 MG/100ML
- The injection will be given in the hospital by the doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self inject the medicine.
Interactions of Zenflox 200 MG/100ML
Interactions with other medicines
- Zenflox Infusion may interact with other medicines, discuss with the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking.
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for gout or arthritis, antibiotics, antidepressants, antacids, painkillers, medicines for breathing-related problems like theophylline, antidiabetic medicines etc....
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are oral anticoagulants like warfarin, painkillers like ibuprofen, medicines for heart-related disorders like quinidine, anti-cancer medicines like methotrexate etc....
- Also, you should inform the doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
Storage and disposal of Zenflox 200 MG/100ML
- Store Zenflox Infusion at room temperature. Do not freeze it.
- Protect it from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
Dosage of Zenflox 200 MG/100ML
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I remember while taking Zenflox Infusion?
- If you develop watery or bloody diarrhoea during the treatment, inform the doctor immediately.
- Avoid going out in the sun. Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn.
- Inform the doctor if you experience redness, itching, rash, swelling after exposure to sun or other allergic reactions.