Zefu 500mg Tablet
Zefu 500 MG Description
Zefu 500mg Tablet contains Cefuroxime, which belongs to the cephalosporin class of antibiotics. It works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria, which ultimately causes the death of bacter
ia. Zefu 500mg Tablet is used to treat bacterial infections of tonsils, throat, sinus, ears, respiratory tract, urinary tract, and infections of the skin and soft tissue. You should take this medicine only after consulting with your doctor, and self-medication should be avoided. Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to penicillins or beta-lactam antibiotics. Inform your doctor about all other medicines, over the counter products, and herbal preparations you are taking before starting the treatment with Zefu 500mg Tablet.
|You Save||₹57.75 (15% on MRP)|
- Cefasyn 500mg TabletBy Cipla Gx4 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 228.80₹ 183.04₹ 45.76/Tablet
- Instaceff 500mg Strip Of 6 TabletsBy Instaray Pharmaceuticals6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 349.00₹ 349.00₹ 58.17/Tablet
- Aroxime 500mg Tablets 10'sBy Arnon Healthcare Llp10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 799.00₹ 631.21₹ 63.12/Tablet
- Covatil 500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 475.00₹ 413.25₹ 41.33/Tablet
- C Furo 500mg TabletBy Hetero Healthcare Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 356.50₹ 303.027.42% CHEAPER₹ 30.3/Tablet
- Ceftum 500mg TabletBy Glaxosmithkline Pharma4 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 474.05₹ 402.94₹ 100.74/Tablet
- Zenoxim 500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Indchemie Health Specialities Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 786.50₹ 668.52₹ 66.85/Tablet
- Cefurush 500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Vereor Healthcare10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 594.00₹ 504.90₹ 50.49/Tablet
- Auffcef 500mg TabletBy Auftritt Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 659.00₹ 566.74₹ 56.67/Tablet
- Zocef 500mg TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 810.00₹ 688.50₹ 68.85/Tablet
Uses of Zefu 500 MG
- For the treatment of Severe infections of tonsils, throat, sinus, and ears
- Infection of the urinary tract, skin, and soft tissue
Contraindications of Zefu 500 MG
- If you are allergic to Cefuroxime or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a history of a severe allergic reaction to Penicillin, Monobactams, Carbapenems, or other Beta-Lactam antibiotics.
Side effects of Zefu 500 MG
- Stomach pain
- Increased chances of fungal infections
- Raised liver enzyme or white blood cells
Precautions and Warnings of Zefu 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience continuous diarrhoea, immediately stop taking it and report to the hospital
- You experience difficulty in breathing, rashes, swelling of the face or mouth after taking this medicine
- You develop a rash with blisters and peeling of skin
- You have kidney disease
- You develop white patches in your mouth
Mode of Action of Zefu 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zefu 500 MG
- Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor
- Swallow Zefu 500mg Tablet whole with a glass of water
Interactions of Zefu 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not take Zefu 500mg Tablet along with your acidity medicines
- It can cause the failure of contraceptive pills (OC pills). If you are taking the contraceptive pill while you are being treated with this medicine, you also need to use a barrier method of contraception (such as condoms)...
- Medicines used to treat gout (Probenecid)
- Medicines used to thin your blood (Warfarin)
Storage and disposal of Zefu 500 MG
Dosage of Zefu 500 MG
- Seek emergency medical care if you think you have taken an overdose of this medicine. Overdose symptoms may include damage to the brain and may cause fits
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Zefu 500mg Tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Ravi Kakarla
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)