Zedocef 50mg Oral Suspension 30ml
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
30ml Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zedocef 50 MG/5ML Description
Zedocef 50mg syrup is an antibiotic used to treat various types of bacterial infections of the ear, nose, throat, lungs, urinary tract, stomach and reproductive tract. It contains Cefpodoxime that be
longs to the Cephalosporin class of medicine. Cefpodoxime inhibits the formation of the cell wall and kill the various susceptible bacterial organisms. This medicine is specially designed for use in children and should be used under an adult’s supervision. Give this medicine as prescribed and for the prescribed duration to your child. Always complete the course of the treatment, as incomplete treatment may result in treatment failure.
|You Save||₹14.10 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, stomach ache, fungal infection|
Check more medicines with composition as Cefpodoxime(50.0 Mg/5ml)
Uses of Zedocef 50 MG/5ML
Zedocef 50mg syrup is used for the treatment of bacterial infection caused by various susceptible bacterial organisms mainly of the ear, nose, urinary tract, throat, chest and lungs.
Contraindications of Zedocef 50 MG/5ML
- If your child is allergic to cefpodoxime or any of the other ingredients of Zedocef 50mg syrup.
- If your children have a history of severe allergy (hypersensitivity) reaction to Penicillin or other Beta-Lactam antibiotics.
Side effects of Zedocef 50 MG/5ML
- Stomach pain
- Skin and vaginal fungal infection
Precautions and Warnings of Zedocef 50 MG/5ML
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your child experiences any severe allergic reactions after taking this medicine.
- Your child develops watery and bloody diarrhea.
- Your child has allergy to medicines called Cephalosporins or Penicillin's.
- Your child are using any Beta-Lactam antibacterial agents.
- Your child has any kidney disorders.
- Your child has a history of gastrointestinal disease.
Mode of Action of Zedocef 50 MG/5ML
How Does It Work?
Cefpodoxime controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by inhibiting the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall.
Directions for Use of Zedocef 50 MG/5ML
- Take Zedocef 50mg syrup as directed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use and read the instructions on the bottle before use.
- Do not consume medicine directly from the bottle.
- Use a proper measuring cup or spoon for the exact quantity.
Interactions of Zedocef 50 MG/5ML
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Zedocef 50mg syrup or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- This syrup should be used with caution along with antacids, anti-coagulants like warfarin and anti-gout medicines etc.
Storage and disposal of Zedocef 50 MG/5ML
- Store Zedocef 50mg syrup at or below 25°C.
- Protect from light and moisture.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pet.
Dosage of Zedocef 50 MG/5ML
Overdose symptoms may include stomach pain, diarrhea, headache, nausea, and vomiting. Seek emergency medical care if you think you have given too much of Zedocef 50mg syrup to your child.
Missed a Dose
It is advisable not to miss any doses of antibiotic. If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed dose....
Dr. Abhishek B L
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: My child has flu and running nose, can I give Zedocef 50mg syrup to my child?
A: No, Zedocef 50mg syrup is not to be taken by yourself. This medicine is a higher antibiotic meant for severe infections and your doctor will prescribe you the same only if it is essential. This medication is not for viral infections, and generally, flu occurs due to viruses.
Q: Can I stop giving Zedocef 50mg syrup before the prescribed duration?
A: No, finish the full course of the treatment even if your child feels better. Though your child start feeling improvement, there is still infection-causing bacteria present in the body, which can make the infection return in a few days. Also, when one does not complete the course, these few bacteria later become resistant to these antibiotics and cause severe infections, which are difficult to treat. Hence, always finish the course of antibiotics as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Is Zedocef 50mg syrup safe and effective?
A: Zedocef 50mg syrup is safe and effective if you give it at dose and duration advised by your doctor to your child. If you stop giving this medicine once your child starts feeling good, thus the chance of recurrence of the infection increases.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 19 July 2021]
- CEFOPROX Tablets/DT/Powder for Oral Suspension [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 19 July 2021]
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Antimicrobial Drugs: 688-849.
- Vantin [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 19 July 2021]
- Cefdox [Internet]. Aci-bd.com. 2021 [cited 19 July 2021]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed