By KATG THERAPEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Xl Tablets Description
Xl Tab is an antibiotic and contains norfloxacin as an active component. It works against bacteria. Have plenty of water when taking this medicine. This medicine should be taken in doses and duratio
n as prescribed by the doctor. You should always complete the entire course of the antibiotic treatment otherwise, it may lead to treatment failure. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history especially, if you have a history of myasthenia gravis or tendon injury or fits. It is not recommended in patients below 18 years of age as their safety and efficacy have not been established.
|You Save||₹13.35 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, stomach cramps|
Check more medicines with composition as Norfloxacin
Uses of Xl Tablets
- To treat urinary tract infections.
- To treat gonococcal infections.
- To treat bacterial infections.
Contraindications of Xl Tablets
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredients of this medicine or similar medicines such as ofloxacin, ciprofloxacin.
- If you had or have ruptured tendons or inflammation in tendons. Tendons are tissue that attaches your muscles to your bones.
Side effects of Xl Tablets
- Stomach cramps
Precautions and Warnings of Xl Tablets
Can I take the Xl Tab during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the use of the Xl Tab during human pregnancy. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a child before starting this medicine.
Can I take the Xl Tab while breastfeeding?
- It passes into the breastmilk in very small amounts which probably will have minimal effect on the breastfed baby. If you are prescribed medicine while you are breastfeeding watch out for the symptoms of diarrhoea and fungal infection in the breastfed baby....
Can I drive if I have consumed the Xl Tab ?
This medicine does not affect your ability to drive or to use machinery. However, if you experience side effects like dizziness, you should avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with the Xl Tab ?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol along with this medicine. So it is important to consult your physician if you drink too often. However, it is advised to avoid drinking when you are taking any antibiotic medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any history of tendon injury or disorders.
- You have any pre-existing medical condition like liver or kidney problem, muscle weakness, myasthenia gravis, heart disease, fits, etc.
- You experience pain, bruising and weakness of arms, shoulders or any joint, then discontinue the medicine immediately, rest that joint and seek immediate medical help.
- You experience tingling, burning, numbness.
- You experience rash, facial swelling, itching after taking the medicine.
- You experience restlessness, confusion and hallucinations after receiving treatment with the Xl Tab , seek medical help.
- You should avoid excessive exposure to sunlight as it can give reactions like burning and blisters.
- You are having episodes of watery and bloody diarrhoea, black tarry stools with fever and stomach ache.
- You experience loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, fever, yellowing of the skin and eyes.
- It is advised to consume a plenty amount of water.
Mode of Action of Xl Tablets
How Does It Work?
Norfloxacin is an antibiotic that inhibits the production of the genetic material of bacteria. Thus, various substances essential for the reproduction or survival of bacteria cannot be produced by it. This affects their multiplication and they are ultimately killed....
Directions for Use of Xl Tablets
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water at least one hour before or two hours after meals.
- Consume an ample amount of water when you are taking this medicine.
- Take it as instructed by your doctor.
Interactions of Xl Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of the Xl Tab if taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for heart-related disorders like digoxin, brain disorders such as clozapine, blood thinners like warfarin, antidiabetic medicines, respiratory problems like theophylline, muscle relaxant like tizanidine, etc....
- Nitrofurantoin a medicine used to treat UTIs may alter the effects of norfloxacin if used along.
- Multivitamins (containing iron & zinc), antacids, sucralfate and didanosine should not be consumed together with this medicine. These medicines should be taken either 2 hours before or 2 hours after taking this tablet....
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with corticosteroids taken by mouth or by injection may increase the chance of tendon injury.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with NSAIDs (Aspirin, Ibuprofen, etc.) may increase the risk of having fits or seizures. Hence, it should be used with caution.
Storage and disposal of Xl Tablets
- Store it below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use this medicine after the expiry date.
Dosage of Xl Tablets
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
You should never miss your dose of antibiotics as it may lead to treatment failure. If you missed having any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking the Xl Tab if I am feeling better after one dose?
A: No, this medicine is an antibiotic and antibiotics need to be taken for the complete course as prescribed by your doctor. Though you will be feeling better, some bacteria will still be alive, this can lead to these bacteria becoming resistant to antibiotics and infection may come back.
Q: I have a fever and cold, can I take this medicine?
A: No, this medicine is a higher antibiotic and reserved for severe infections. This medicine should be taken only if your doctor considers it essential for you. Also, this medicine is not meant for viral infections.
Q: Can Xl Tab be used for stomach infection?
A: Xl Tab are used for treating urinary tract infections. It is not recommended to be used for any other infection unless prescribed a doctor.
Q: Can a diabetic patient take the Xl Tab ?
A: If you are on a medicine called glyburide, there are chances of a decrease in blood glucose levels with the Xl Tab . Hence, you should always consult your doctor before using this medicine in diabetic patients.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed