Vertin 16mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By ABBOTT INDIA LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Vertin 16 mg tablet contains betahistine as its active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of Meniere's syndrome (an ear disorder which may cause vertigo, ringing in the ears, spinning, etc.). You should not take this medicine if you are allergic to it or have a rare tumour called pheochromocytoma. Vertin 16 tablets are not recommended for patients below the age of 18 years. It should be taken as prescribed and for the prescribed duration by your doctor. Headache, nausea and indigestion are some side effects of this medicine. Contact your doctor immediately if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens. Inform your doctor, if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements your take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine.
Uses of Vertin 16mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Vertin 16 mg tablet is used to treat Meniere's syndrome (an ear disorder with symptoms like vertigo, ringing in the ears, hearing loss and nausea).
Contraindications of Vertin 16mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Betahistine or any other ingredients of Vertin 16 mg tablet.
- If you are suffering from untreated high blood pressure due to a tumour in the adrenal gland (phaeochromocytoma).
Side effects of Vertin 16mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Vertin 16mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Vertin 16 tablet during pregnancy?
Vertin 16 mg tablet should be avoided during pregnancy, as there is limited information about its safety in human pregnancy. It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Vertin 16 tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if this medicine passes into breast milk, hence you should not breastfeed while taking Vertin 16 mg tablet. It is important to consult the doctor before using any medication while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Vertin 16 tablet?
Vertin 16 mg tablet has no or negligible effects on the ability to drive or use machines. However, the disease for which this medicine is used can hamper your ability to drive and therefore caution is advised.
Can I consume alcohol with Vertin 16 tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Vertin 16 mg tablet, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have asthma
- You have a stomach ulcer
- You are suffering from low blood pressure
- You are suffering from hives (urticaria), rashes or hay fever, Vertin 16 mg tablet can worsen them
Mode of Action of Vertin 16mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Betahistine in Vertin 16 mg tablet works by improving the blood flow in the inner ear and reducing the pressure built in the ear.
Directions for Use of Vertin 16mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Vertin 16 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should preferably be taken after having your meal to avoid stomach discomfort.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Vertin 16mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Vertin 16 mg tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.read less
- Concomitant use of Vertin 16 mg tablet along with medicines used to treat allergies called anti-histamines. This medicine can affect how your allergy medicines work and allergies can worsen.
- Medicines like Selegiline (used to treat your mental health), medicines used to treat Parkinson's disease should be used with caution along with Vertin 16 mg tablet.
Interactions with food items
You can take Vertin 16 mg tablet with or after food, but taking it with food may reduce the side effects related to the stomach.
Storage and disposal of Vertin 16mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Vertin 16 mg tablet does not require any specific storage conditions.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Vertin 16mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Excess of this medicine may lead to lung or heart complications.
- Symptoms of overdose include nausea, stomach pain, sleepiness, vomiting, fits, indigestion, impaired balance or coordination.
- If you think you have had an overdose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Vertin 16 mg tablet used for?
A: Vertin 16 mg tablet is used to treat an inner ear disorder called Meniere's syndrome which may cause vertigo, ringing in the ears or spinning.
Q: How to take Vertin 16 mg tablet?
A: Take Vertin 16 mg tablet as directed by the doctor. Swallow it with a glass of water. It can be taken with or without food, but as it can cause mild stomach discomfort, it is preferred to take this tablet after food.
Q: How long can I take Vertin 16 mg tablet?
A: You must continue taking Vertin 16 mg tablets for as long as it is prescribed. Consult your doctor if you have any issues with taking it.
Q: Does Vertin 16 mg tablet cause drowsiness?
A: No, Vertin 16 mg tablet is not known to cause drowsiness. You must contact your doctor if you experience persistent drowsiness as it could be due to some other issue or underlying illness.
Q: Can I stop taking Vertin 16 mg tablet on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking Vertin 16 mg tablet until advised by a doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine even if you are feeling good as it may lead to treatment failure.
Q: Is Vertin 16 mg tablet habit-forming?
A: No habit-forming has been noticed with Vertin 16 mg tablets.
Q: What should be discussed with my healthcare professional before I start the treatment with this medicine?
A: Before taking this medicine, tell your doctor about your medical history including allergies, stomach ulcers (past or active), asthma and pheochromocytoma.
Q: We are planning to travel to a hilly region, my child gets motion sickness, can I give Vertin 16 mg tablet to my child?
A: No, this medicine shouldn't be given to anyone less than 18 years of age. There are other medicines your doctor can prescribe for your child for motion sickness.
Last Updated on: 17 Nov 2020 | 03:52 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved