Vermin A Strip Of 10 Tablets
Vermin A Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Vermin A Tablet is an anti-worm (antihelminthics) medicine. It is used for the treatment of infection caused by worms and expel worms from the body. Vermin A Tablet is a combination of albendazole an
d ivermectin as its active ingredients. It is used for the treatment of intestinl worm infection and suppression of worms that causes filariasis. The combination acts as a deworming agent by killing the worm and eliminating it from the body. Worm infection spread via contact of contaminated soil, food and feces of infected person. Hence to prevent the spread of worm infection avoid contact with soil that may be contaminated with human feces, wash your hands before handling food, clean the raw vegetables and fruits properly before eating and help your children understand the importance of washing hands and other hygeine habits
Uses of Vermin A Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Vermin A Tablet is used for the treatment of intestinal worm/parasite infections.
- It also suppresses the growth of worm/parasite causing filariasis, a disease characterised by abnormal enlargement of different body parts especially legs.
Contraindications of Vermin A Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to albendazole, ivermectin or any of the ingredients of Vermin A Tablet
- If you are allergic to medicines similar to albendazole like omeprazole, mebendazole, etc.
Side effects of Vermin A Strip Of 10 Tablets
Precautions and Warnings of Vermin A Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You develop rashes, body swelling or allergic reaction of skin, dark patches on skin and swelling.
- You experience visual abnormalities, headache, fits, dizziness and ringing in the ears
- You have a liver function problem, a routine liver enzyme test is recommended.
- You experience neck pain, back pain, difficulty in breathing, confusion, laziness and unconsciousness.
- You are a woman of childbearing potential, you should get tested for pregnancy before starting the treatment and are advised to use proper contraception to avoid pregnancy.
- A routine examination of stool is recommended to check if the infection is getting cleared.
- Blood cell count should be performed after every 4 weeks at the beginning of therapy and every two weeks later on.
- Vermin A Tablet should not be used in children below 2 years of age.
Mode of Action of Vermin A Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Albendazole inhibits the uptake of glucose by a parasite which causes energy deficit and death of the parasite.
- Ivermectin acts by increasing the permeability of the outer cell membrane of the parasite, which affects its muscle and nerve function leading to paralysis and death of the parasite.
- Albendazole and Ivermectin when combined, leads to better elimination of parasites.
Directions for Use of Vermin A Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions of Vermin A Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Vermin A Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines for asthma, antacids and blood thinning medicines
Storage and disposal of Vermin A Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Vermin A Tablet in cool and dry places.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Vermin A Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Vermin A Tablet during pregnancy?
Q: Can I stop taking Vermin A Tablet before the prescribed period?
Q: How can we prevent worm infection?
- Wash your hands with soap before eating or preparing food, and after touching soil or using the toilet.
- Wash garden-grown fruit and vegetables thouroughly before consumption.
- Drink safe drinking water (bottled or boiled water) in particular when in area where there no sewage disposal system.
- Deworm your pets regularly and dispose their fecal matter as soon as possible.
- Avoid walking bare foot in soil that may be contaminated with fecal matter.
- Bendex Plus [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 28 April 2022]
- BANDY PLUS Dosage & Drug Information | CIMS India [Internet]. Mims.com. 2022 [cited 28 April 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 28 April 2022]
- CDC - Ascariasis - General Information - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) [Internet]. Cdc.gov. 2022 [cited 28 April 2022]