Vermact Plus Suspension 10ml
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10ml Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Vermact Plus Suspension 10ml Description
Vermact Plus Suspension 10ml is a combination of Albendazole and Ivermectin, an antiparasitic medicine.
|You Save||₹4.99 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Albendazole(400.0 Mg) + Ivermectin(12.0 Mg)|
Check more medicines with composition as Albendazole(400.0 Mg) + Ivermectin(12.0 Mg)
Uses of Vermact Plus Suspension 10ml
- For the treatment of intestinal worm/parasite infections
- It suppresses the growth of worm/parasite causing filariasis, a disease characterised by abnormal enlargement of different body parts especially legs
Contraindications of Vermact Plus Suspension 10ml
- If you are allergic to Albendazole, Ivermectin or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you are allergic to medicines similar to Albendazole like Omeprazole, Mebendazole, etc.
Side effects of Vermact Plus Suspension 10ml
- Stomach pain, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting and constipation ...
- Muscle pain, weakness, fatigue and irregular heartbeats
- Headache, dizziness, fits, feeling sleepy and spinning of head
- Skin rashes, hair loss and itching, fever
- Swelling of face and other body parts
- Gradual drop in blood pressure when you stand
Precautions and Warnings of Vermact Plus Suspension 10ml
Can I take Vermact Plus Suspension 10ml during pregnancy?
This medicine has the potential to harm the unborn baby and can lead to congenital disabilities and abnormalities and is recommended not to be used during pregnancy.
Can I take Vermact Plus Suspension 10ml while breastfeeding?
This medicine is secreted in human milk in small amounts which may not cause potential harm to the baby. However, it is advisable to discuss with your doctor in detail if you have to take this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Vermact Plus Suspension 10ml?
If you experience dizziness, fits or visual disturbances, it is advised not to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Vermact Plus Suspension 10ml?
As this medicine is known to cause liver problems and liver functions need to monitored while on therapy, you are advised to limit your alcohol consumption to a minimum or avoid completely.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you develop rashes, body swelling or allergic reaction of skin, dark patches on skin and swelling
- If you experience visual abnormalities, headache, fits, dizziness and ringing in ears, it may lead to an eye disorder
- If you have liver function problem, a routine liver enzyme test is recommended
- If you experience neck pain, back pain, difficulty in breathing, confusion, laziness and unconsciousness
- If you are a women of childbearing potential, you should get tested for pregnancy before starting the treatment and are advised to use proper contraception to avoid pregnancy
- A routine examination of stool is recommended to check if the infection is getting cleared
- Blood cell count should be performed after every 4 weeks at the beginning of therapy and every two weeks later on
Mode of Action of Vermact Plus Suspension 10ml
How Does It Work?
Albendazole inhibits the absorption and uptake of glucose by parasite which causes energy deficit and death of parasite. Ivermectin acts by increasing the permeability of outer cell membrane of parasite the outer membrane which affects its muscle and nerve function leading to paralysis and death of the parasite. Albendazole and Ivermectin when combined, leads to better elimination of parasites....
Directions for Use of Vermact Plus Suspension 10ml
It should be taken as directed by doctor with sufficient amount of water. Shake well before use
Interactions of Vermact Plus Suspension 10ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Steroids like dexamethasone used for skin allergies, asthma and arthritis
- Medicines used to treat worm infection like Praziquantel
- Medicine used in asthma to prevent shortness of breath
- Medicines used to treat heartburn and ulcer-like Cimetidine
- Medicines used to stop blood clotting like Warfarin
Storage and disposal of Vermact Plus Suspension 10ml
- Store this medicine in cool and dry places
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Vermact Plus Suspension 10ml
Symptoms of overdose are fits, vomiting, slow heart rate, dizziness, diarrhoea or skin rashes. If you have consumed too much of this medicine, seek medical attention immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For what type of infections can I use Vermact Plus Suspension 10ml?
A: Vermact Plus Suspension 10ml is used to treat roundworm infections. Commonly encountered roundworms are Ascaris lumbricoides (long roundworm), trichiurus trichiura (whipworm), necator americanus (new world hookworm) and ancylostoma duodenale (old world hookworm), strongyloides stercoralis (threadworm) and filariasis (elephentiasis). This medicine is generally considered to be safe and effective in treating infections due to these parasites.
Q: How do I know if I have a nematode infection?
A: Symptoms vary for different parasites. Most of these worms cause gastrointestinal symptoms but some of them can cause cough, blood in sputum, lung and brain infections. Loss of appetite, fever, diarrhoea, weight loss, nausea, vomiting, anemia and eosinophilia are some symptoms which are common for most nematodes. Self-treatment with Vermact Plus Suspension 10ml is not recommended. It is advisable to take this medicine on prescription, even if you are sure that you have the disease.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before taking Vermact Plus Suspension 10ml?
A: This medicine can affect your liver or bone marrow. Hence, routine monitoring of blood tests is required. Especially, liver function tests need to be done every 2 weeks while on therapy. Do not take Vermact Plus Suspension 10ml during pregnancy. Do not try for pregnancy until 1 month after stopping this medicine. Consult your doctor if you develop any skin rashes while on treatment with this medicine.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.