Ventryl D Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Ventryl D Bottle Of 100ml Syrup Description
Ventryl D Bottle Of 100ml Syrup has a combination of three medicines, namely Chlorpheniramine, Dextromethorphan and Phenylephrine. It has anti-allergic, cough suppressant and decongestant properties.
It is used for temporary relief from cough, throat irritation, sneezing & stuffy nose due to an allergy or cold. It works by reducing the symptoms of allergies, cough and nasal congestion or blockage due to allergy. You should not use this syrup if you are allergic to any of the components of this syrup or if you are pregnant women or breastfeeding mother. Caution should be exercised while driving or handling any machinery as this syrup can cause dizziness.
|You Save||₹16.05 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Chlorpheniramine Maleate(2.0 Mg/5ml) + Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide(10.0 Mg/5ml) + Phenylephrine Hydrochloride(5.0 Mg/5ml)|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
- Stelcoril Dm Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml SyrupBy Stelios Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd100ml Syrup in BottleMRP 91.00₹ 77.3515% CHEAPER₹ 0.77/Ml
- Ventryl D Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml SyrupBy Micro Labs100ml Syrup in BottleMRP 107.00₹ 90.95₹ 0.91/Ml
- Rufcof D Orange Flavour Bottle Of 100ml SyrupBy Brochem Healthcare Pvt Ltd100ml Syrup in BottleMRP 110.00₹ 93.50₹ 0.94/Ml
Uses of Ventryl D Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Contraindications of Ventryl D Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Known allergy to Chlorpheniramine, Dextromethorphan and Phenylephrine or any other ingredient of this syrup.
- High blood pressure, heart-related disorders such as incidences of heart attack and blockage.
- Serious airway related infection or asthma (this medicine should not be used for relieving cough due to asthma attacks).
- You should not take this syrup if you are taking medicines to treat brain-related disorders.
- You are suffering from a urinary retention problem or an eye disorder called glaucoma.
- This syrup is not meant to be used in children and breastfeeding women.
Side effects of Ventryl D Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Ventryl D Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from asthma or airway infection or disorder or wet cough.
- You have a blockage in the stomach or intestine or any part of your digestive tract.
- You have any type of heart disorder, blockage, high blood pressure or irregular heartbeats.
- You have liver or kidney disease or ulcers in the stomach or intestine.
- You are suffering from an eye disorder called glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye).
- You have an enlarged prostate gland (BPH) or experience difficulty in urination.
- You have a thyroid-related disorder or a tumour in the adrenal gland.
Mode of Action of Ventryl D Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
How Does It Work?
- Ventryl D Bottle Of 100ml Syrup works by coaction of its three components. It has anti-allergic, cough suppressant and decongestant properties.
- Dextromethorphan is a cough suppressant. It acts on a certain part of the cough center or brain and reduces the cough.
- Phenylephrine is a nasal decongestant. It works by reducing the swelling of blood vessels of nasal passage by constricting the blood vessels and thereby relieves nasal congestion or blockage.
- Chlorpheniramine is an anti-allergic agent. It helps in relieving symptoms of allergy. It works by blocking the release of certain natural substance histamine, which is responsible for allergic symptoms. Histamine is produced when the body detects any foreign substance....
Directions for Use of Ventryl D Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Interactions of Ventryl D Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Interactions with other medicines
- Ventryl D Bottle Of 100ml Syrup should not be consumed with or at least after 2 weeks of consumption of certain medicines used for the treatment of brain-related disorders such as isocarboxazid, phenelzine, selegiline etc. ...
- Medicines used to treat infections (antibiotics) like linezolid and medicine used to relax the muscles like oxazepam and baclofen should not be taken along with Ventryl D Bottle Of 100ml Syrup.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Ventryl D Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Store the syrup at room temperature
- Keep it away from light and moisture
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets
Dosage of Ventryl D Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: what precautions do I need to take while taking Ventryl D Bottle Of 100ml Syrup?
Q: Does Ventryl D Bottle Of 100ml Syrup contain steroids?
Q: What is Ventryl D Bottle Of 100ml Syrup used for?
- CDSCO. Chlorpheniramine+Phenylepinephrine+ Dextromethorphan. [Accessed on 14-Oct-2020] (online)
- Torque Pharma. Tordex Cough Syrup. [Accessed on 14-Oct-2020] (online)
- Webmd. Chlorpheniramine-Phenylephephrine-DM. [Accessed on 14-Oct-2020] (online)
- MedlinePlus. Chlorpheniramine. [Accessed on 14-Oct-2020] (online)
- MedlinePlus. Dextromethorphan. [Accessed on 14-Oct-2020] (online)
- MedlinePlus. Phenylepinephrine. [Accessed on 14-Oct-2020] (online)