Venlift Od 150mg Capsules
Venlift 150 MG Description
Venlift Od Cap contains venlafaxine hydrochloride as its main ingredient. It belongs to a group of medicines known as antidepressants. Venlift Od Cap is used to treat psychiatric disorders associated
with social/general anxiety, depression, and panic disorders. It might sometimes also be used along with other medications to treat symptoms of menopause. Anxiety-related disorders exhibit symptoms like feelings of worry, fear, and indecisiveness. One may feel very anxious or face difficulty while performing in front of a crowd. Venlafaxine hydrochloride acts by regulating levels of serotonin and norepinephrine in the brain and generates feelings of calmness, relaxation and happiness, thus elevating the mood, behaviour and social outcome of the patient in everyday life. Venlift Od Cap comes as orally dissolving capsules to be taken with or without food. You can follow it up with a glass of water. It can cause side effects like stomach pain, gas, nausea, uncontrolled muscle movements, dry mouth, increased blood pressure and sleep problems. Venlift Od Cap can be prescribed to patients of all ages. Venlift Od Cap can increase the risk of depressive thoughts, so patients must be monitored regularly. It is not advised to stop taking Venlift Od Cap abruptly as it may cause withdrawal symptoms like diarrhoea, constipation, nausea or sleep problems.
|You Save||₹6.14 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||General anxiety issues, social anxiety disorder, panic attacks|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, tiredness, nausea, vomiting, constipation, diarrhoea, heartburn, stomach pain due to gas, vivid dreams or sleep problems, weight loss, dry mouth|
Uses of Venlift 150 MG
- General anxiety disorder
- Clinical depression
- Social anxiety issues
- Panic disorders
- Menopausal issues
Contraindications of Venlift 150 MG
- Venlift Od Cap is not prescribed in patients/given with caution in patients with:
- Cardiac ailments
- Patients with a history of stroke/heart failure
- Overactive thyroid
- High blood pressure
- Bipolar disorder
- Low sodium/potassium levels in the blood
- History/ present seizures
- Kidney diseases
- Liver problems
- Glaucoma (increase in pressure within the eye due to defects in the eye structure)
- Patient with a known history of severe depression.
- It is advised to stop this medication if the patient (specifically below the age of 24) is exhibiting symptoms of excess depressive thoughts, self-harm/self-injury.
Side effects of Venlift 150 MG
- Drowsiness, tiredness
- Nausea, vomiting
- Weight loss
- Dry mouth
- Uncontrolled muscle tremors
- Excessive sweating
Precautions and Warnings of Venlift 150 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience any allergy after taking Venlift Od Cap, like rashes, hives or swelling on the face.
- You want to increase/decrease the dose of the medication.
- You want to stop taking Venlift Od Cap.
- You have missed multiple doses of Venlift Od Cap.
- You experience any medical issues after taking Venlift Od Cap.
- If the side effects are too severe, or they disrupt your everyday life and do not get better.
Mode of Action of Venlift 150 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Venlift 150 MG
- Venlift Od Cap comes as a box containing a strip of 10 capsules to be taken orally with/without food as many times as prescribed by your physician. It is an orally dissolving tablet. You can follow it up with a glass of water if required....
- The capsule is consumed whole without chewing or crushing in powder form. It can be given along with some applesauce for children who cannot swallow Capsules.
- Venlift Od Cap should be taken approximately at the same time each day.
- The expiry date should be checked before taking Venlift Od Cap.
- Do not offer Venlift Od Cap to someone you know who has anxiety issues.
- Do not change the dose of the medication without consulting your physician.
- Do not stop taking Venlift Od Cap abruptly without consulting your doctor. It can cause withdrawal symptoms like dizziness, fatigue, vomiting and sleep problems.
- Weight loss in children taking Venlift Od Cap should be monitored weekly.
- Blood pressure should be monitored daily in known cases of high blood pressure.
- Any worsening of symptoms while taking Venlift Od Cap should be reported to your doctor.
Interactions of Venlift 150 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Venlift Od Cap should not be given along with / given with caution with:
- Anticoagulants like warfarin – can increase risk of bleeding.
- NSAIDs (diclofenac, aspirin, ibuprofen) – can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Advil, Celebrex (painkillers) - can increase the risk of bleeding
- Amphetamine - can increase the risk of causing Serotonin syndrome (involuntary shivering, muscle rigidity, rapid heartbeat, and fever). This happens due to excess deposition of serotonin in the body. It can be fatal if not medically managed on time....
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors like isocarboxazid, phenelzine, and selegiline can lead to an increased risk of serotonin syndrome. A 14-day gap is advised between stopping one medicine and starting the other....
Interactions with food items
- Venlift Od Cap does not interact adversely with any food. Follow a regular diet unless advised otherwise by your physician. Most psychiatric medications work better with healthy lifestyle changes like balanced eating and exercise....
Storage and disposal of Venlift 150 MG
Dosage of Venlift 150 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When will I start feeling better after taking Venlift Od Cap?
Q: Can Venlift Od Cap increase blood pressure?
Q: Can Venlift Od Cap make me feel sleepy?
- PubChem. (n.d.). Venlafaxine. Nih.Gov. Retrieved February 24, 2022, from
- Singh, D., & Saadabadi, A. (2021). Venlafaxine. In StatPearls [Internet]. StatPearls Publishing. Venlafaxine (Effexor). (n.d.). Nami.Org. Retrieved March 17, 2022, from
- Venlafaxine: Paraesthesias: case report. (2013). Reactions Weekly, 1475(1), 37–37