Veltam 0.4mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Veltam 0.4 tablet is used for the treatment of symptoms of an enlarged prostate in males, it is also called benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH). Veltam 0.4 tablet helps in relieving the symptoms such as
frequent urination, pain while urinating, difficulty in passing urine, etc in BPH. It contains tamsulosin as its active ingredient which belongs to the class of medicines called an alpha-adrenergic blocker. It works by relaxing the smooth muscles of the bladder. Take this medicine as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken after food. Complete the entire course of this medication and do not stop taking it on your own. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical and medications history. This medicine is not recommended for use in children and adolescents....
Uses of Veltam 0.4mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Veltam 0.4 tablet is used in men to treat symptoms such as pain or difficulty in passing urine, frequent urination during the night, an urgency to urinate, incomplete bladder emptying associated with
an enlarged prostate (benign prostate hyperplasia, BPH)....
Contraindications of Veltam 0.4mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to tamsulosin or any of the other ingredients of the Veltam 0.4 tablet.
- If you have problems with your liver.
- If you suddenly feel dizzy or light-headed when you sit up or stand up due to low blood pressure.
Side effects of Veltam 0.4mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Dizziness (sitting or standing up from lying position)
- Difficulties in ejaculation
Precautions and Warnings of Veltam 0.4mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take the Veltam 0.4 tablet during pregnancy?
Veltam 0.4 tablet is meant to be used only in men.
Can I take the Veltam 0.4 tablet while breastfeeding?
Veltam 0.4 tablet is meant to be used only in men.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Veltam 0.4 tablet?
Veltam 0.4 tablet may blur your vision and make you feel dizzy, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with the Veltam 0.4 tablet?
Although there is no known interaction between alcohol and the Veltam 0.4 tablet, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of drinking regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You are scheduled to have eye surgery for cataracts or glaucoma. As the use of this medicine may increase the risk of eye complications during and after the surgery.
- You have ever fainted or felt dizzy when suddenly sitting or standing up.
- In men, ejaculation disorders and ejaculation failure have been observed with this medicine.
- Veltam 0.4 tablet is not recommended for use in patients below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Veltam 0.4mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Tamsulosin in the Veltam 0.4 tablet works by relaxing the muscles of the prostate, bladder and urethra (which carries urine), so that easier flow of urine is facilitated. Thus, improving the symptoms
associated with benign enlargement of the prostate....
Directions for Use of Veltam 0.4mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Veltam 0.4 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- It should be taken after a meal, it should be preferably taken at the same time every day for best results.
Interactions of Veltam 0.4mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Veltam 0.4 tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or any vaccination scheduled....Read more
- You may experience low blood pressure effects like dizziness and lightheadedness when the Veltam 0.4 is taken together with blood pressure medicines like Verapamil and Diltiazem.
- Anti-fungal medicines like Ketoconazole or certain antibiotics like erythromycin, antacids like cimetidine or anti-HIV medicines may increase the removal of tamsulosin from the body, so should be usedwith caution....Read more
- Warfarin (used to prevent blood clotting) can speed up the removal of tamsulosin from your body and thus decrease the effectiveness of tamsulosin.
- Other medicines like Furosemide, Paroxetine, Doxazosin, Indoramin and Prazosin should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Veltam 0.4mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store the Veltam 0.4 tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Veltam 0.4mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
An overdose of the Veltam 0.4 tablet may cause a severe drop in blood pressure, tiredness, dizziness and malaise. Seek urgent medical attention in case you experience any of the symptoms or have taken
too much of this medicine....
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed taking any dose of the Veltam 0.4 tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose of thi
s medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Will I get or experience any sexual problems during therapy with the Veltam 0.4 tablet?
A: You may experience a delay in ejaculation or decrease ejaculation which is harmless.
Q: How much time does the Veltam 0.4 tablet take to reduce the prostate size?
A: Veltam 0.4 tablet is used for the symptomatic relief of the enlarged prostate. It does not directly affect the size of the prostate.
Q: How long should I take the Veltam 0.4 tablet?
A: The dose and duration of the Veltam 0.4 tablet will depend on the response to treatment. Take it for as long as prescribed by your doctor and follow all the instructions and do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Q: Can the Veltam 0.4 tablet be used in children?
A: No, the Veltam 0.4 tablet is not recommended for use in patients less than 18 years old.
- Contiflo XL 400 micrograms prolonged release capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 28 April 2021]
- Contiflo XL 400 micrograms prolonged release capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 28 April 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 28 April 2021]
Last Updated on: 19 Aug 2021 | 02:26 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved