Valparin 500mg Tablet
Valparin 500 MG Description
Valparin Tablet contains sodium valproate (or Valproic acid) as its active ingredient and is used in dealing with epilepsy (fits). It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in correct doses an
d for the exact duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Pregnant women must not take Valparin Tablet as they may experience side effects like headache, nausea, vomiting, shakiness, sleepiness and skin rashes while on treatment with this Tablet. Most of these are temporary but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
- Encorate 500mg TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 86.10₹ 73.1833% CHEAPER₹ 7.32/Tablet
Uses of Valparin 500 MG
Contraindications of Valparin 500 MG
- If you are allergic to Sodium Valproate or any other ingredients of Valparin Tablet.
- If you or any of your family members have a history of liver problems.
- If you are suffering from a condition called urea cycle disorder.
- If you have an autoimmune disorder of the skin called porphyria.
- If you are suffering from a mitochondrial disorder (a genetic disorder).
- If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
Side effects of Valparin 500 MG
- Headache, dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting,
- Stomach pain, diarrhoea, indigestion
- Tremor (shakiness)
- Tiredness, weakness
- Confusion, aggression, agitation, altered attention
- Hallucinations, anxiety
- Weight gain
- Skin rashes, swelling, hair loss
- Menstrual cramps
- Double vision
- Blood disorders like low platelet count
Precautions and Warnings of Valparin 500 MG
- Valparin Tablet must not be taken during pregnancy as it is unsafe and may cause harm to the unborn baby.
- If you get pregnant or think you may be pregnant while on treatment with this medicine, immediately contact your doctor.
- For women of childbearing age, you should discuss with your physician about the importance of birth control methods and potential hazards to the unborn baby as it may cause some serious birth defects.
Other General Warnings
- You have suicidal thoughts, unusual changes in your mood or behaviour, worsening depression. Immediately contact your doctor.
- Your convulsions have worsened.
- You have diabetes.
- You have gained a lot of weight.
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys. You are suffering from problems in the pancreas like swelling or inflammation.
- You are suffering from a brain disease or any other metabolic condition that is affecting your brain.
- You suffer from a condition known as urea cycle disorder.
- You are suffering from a long-term autoimmune disease called systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).
- You suffer from any mitochondrial disorder.
- You notice any serious allergic reaction or unwanted side effects after taking Valparin Tablet. Please contact your doctor or visit a nearby hospital immediately.
Mode of Action of Valparin 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Valparin 500 MG
- Take Valparin Tablet as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
- It should be taken with or after having your meal.
Interactions of Valparin 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Valparin Tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or any vaccination scheduled....
- Concomitant use of this Tablet along with medicines like aspirin (pain killers), phenobarbital, carbamazepine (used in fits) may enhance your chances of having side effects.
- Use of medicines like warfarin (blood thinners), zidovudine (used in HIV infection), temozolomide (used in cancer), selegiline, diazepam, quetiapine (used to treat your mental health), propofol (used for anaesthesia) along with Valparin Tablet may increase their effects....
- Concomitant use along with medicines like chloroquine (used in malaria), cimetidine (used in stomach ulcers), ritonavir (used in HIV infection), rifampicin, meropenem (antibiotics), cholestyramine (used to lower cholesterol) may alter the way this Tablet works....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Valparin 500 MG
- Valparin Tablet should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of reach and sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
Dosage of Valparin 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Valparin Tablet?
Q: How much is the dose and duration of Valparin?
Q: What is the content present in Valparin Tablet?
- Epilim Syrup- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 2 May 2022]
- Epilim Syrup- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 2 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Epilim 200 mg Gastro-resistant tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 2 May 2022]
- Epilim 200 mg Gastro-resistant tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 2 May 2022]
Other Products from this Brand
- Valparin 200 Mg Delicious Pineapple Flavour Bottle Of 200 Ml Oral Solution
- Valparin Alkalets 200 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Valparin Pineapple Flavour Bottle Of 100 Ml Solution
- Valparin Chrono 200 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Valparin Chrono 500 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Valparin Chrono 300 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Valparin Alkalets 200 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Valparin 300 Mg Tablet 10 Nos
- Valparin Alkalets 500 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Valparin Chrono 300 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets