Valkem Od 500mg Tablet
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Valkem Od 500 MG Description
Valkem-OD-500 mg tablet contains Divalproex sodium, also known as valproic acid. Valkem OD tablet is a mood stabiliser used to control mania induced by bipolar disorder. Bipolar disorder is character
ised by mood swings between extreme highs (mania) and extreme lows (depression). Valkem OD is also used to treat seizures.
|You Save||₹27.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Valproic Acid / Valproate(500.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Abdominal pain, alopecia amblyopia/blurred vision or diplopia, amnesia, anorexia|
Check more medicines with composition as Valproic Acid / Valproate(500.0 Mg)
Uses of Valkem Od 500 MG
- Bipolar disorder
- Migraine headaches
Contraindications of Valkem Od 500 MG
- Liver disease
- Known hypersensitivity to the medicine
- Urea cycle disorders
Side effects of Valkem Od 500 MG
- Abdominal pain
- Accidental injury
- Alopecia (loss of hair)
- Blurred vision
- Vomiting or nausea
- Weight gain or weight loss
- Increased appetite
- Edema (swelling)
Precautions and Warnings of Valkem Od 500 MG
Can I take Valkem OD during pregnancy?
If taken during pregnancy, Valkem OD poses a risk. The dangers increase with increasing the dose of this medication. Valkem OD can cause significant birth abnormalities, such as spina bifida (a condition in which the spine's bones do not grow properly), face and skull deformities, heart, kidney, urinary tract, sexual organ malformations, and limb anomalies. In addition, a baby exposed to valproate during pregnancy have been documented to suffer hearing impairments or deafness.
Can I take Valkem OD while breastfeeding?
Before taking Valkem OD, consult your doctor or pharmacist if you are or plan to be a breast-feeding mother. Valkem OD can pass to the newborn from breast milk.
Can I drive if I have taken Valkem OD?
While using this medication, you may feel tired, confused, or dizzy. Do not drive if you feel any of the symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Valkem OD?
During treatment, it is not advisable to consume alcohol. Consult your doctor before you take Valkem OD.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from liver disease
- You are suffering from pancreatitis
- You are suffering from urea cycle disorders, porphyria, or Alpers-Huttenlocher syndrome
- You are allergic to any ingredients of Valkem OD
- You develop an allergic reaction, such as, rash or breathing or swallowing problems
- You are pregnant
Mode of Action of Valkem Od 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Valkem-OD Tablet prevents seizures or fits by reducing aberrant and excessive nerve cell activity in the brain. This medicine stabilises mood by balancing the levels of mood-altering substances in your brain....
Directions for Use of Valkem Od 500 MG
- Swallow Valkem OD tablets as whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- Take Valkem OD tablet with or without food
- The dosage and duration for using Valkem OD tablet should be as prescribed by your doctor
- Do not use this medication in children and adolescents below 18 years of age
Interactions of Valkem Od 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Drugs such as phenytoin, carbamazepine, primidone, phenobarbital, and rifampin can increase valproate clearance and felbamate can decrease the clearance. Therefore dose adjustment is required.
- Valproate concentrations should be monitored when used along with aspirin and carbapenem antibiotics
- Valproate can alter the activity of other medicines such as diazepam, ethosuximide, lamotrigine, and phenytoin. Therefore, dose adjustment is required.
Storage and disposal of Valkem Od 500 MG
- Keep out of children's eyes and reach.
- Valkem OD should not be used after the expiration date, which is indicated on the label after "EXP." The expiration date refers to the month's last day.
- Do not dispose Valkem OD in the wastewater or household waste. Instead, inquire with your pharmacist about how to dispose of medicines you no longer use. These steps will aid in environmental protection....
Dosage of Valkem Od 500 MG
- If you or someone else has taken more Valkem OD than is recommended, see a doctor right away. Remember to bring your medicine with you. This is so the doctor can see what medications you've taken.
- Sleepiness, irregular heartbeat, or loss of consciousness usually occurs during Valkem OD tablets overdose.
Missed a Dose
If you forget to take a dose when it's due, take it as soon as possible. To make up for a missed dose, do not take a double dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What happens if I stop taking Valkem-OD?
A: Continue to take your medication until your doctor advises you it's time to quit. Just because you're feeling better doesn't mean you should stop taking Valkem-OD. Your sickness may return if you stop. When your doctor believes you're ready to stop taking Valkem-OD, your dose will be gradually reduced. Your doctor will be able to assist you with this.
Q: Can Valkem-OD cause weight gain?
A: Valkem-OD has the potential to cause weight gain. An increase in hunger could be to responsible for the weight gain. To avoid weight gain, keep a close eye on your diet and exercise often. Consult your doctor if you are concerned about your weight gain.
Q: Does Valkem-OD 500 Tablet SR make you sleepy?
A: Valkem-OD does have the potential to make you sleepy. Avoid driving or doing any other task that demands mental focus until you have a better understanding of how it affects you.
- Depakote (divalproex sodium) Tablets [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 18 March 2022]. Available from: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2011/018723s037lbl.pdf
- Depakote® 250mg and 500mg Tablets [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 March 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.6102.pdf
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed