Urografin 76% Ampoule Of 20ml Injection
By BAYER ZYDUS PHARMA
20ml Injection in Ampoule
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Urografin 76 % Description
Urografin injection contains a medicine known as Diatrizoic acid. It is used as a diagnostic agent for radiographic examination of different parts of the gastrointestinal tract. Do not use this medic
ine if you are having a history of allergy, any thyroid problem, pregnancy or breastfeeding your baby. Tell your doctor about other medicines you are taking. This medicine is given by an injectable route by a healthcare professional. Do not self-administer. Contact your doctor immediately if you experience any of the symptoms related to hypersensitivity.
Uses of Urografin 76 %
This medicine is used as a diagnostic agent. It used for radiographic examination of different parts like the oesophagus (food pipe), stomach, small and large intestine.
Contraindications of Urografin 76 %
If you are having a history of allergy (itching, rashes, swelling of the face, lips, difficulty in breathing and swallowing) to any of the content of this medicine. If you have an overactive thyroid gland....
Side effects of Urografin 76 %
- Skin redness
- Swelling of face and lips
- Feeling hot or cold
- Pale or red skin
- Blistering inside the nose or mouth
- Swelling of the face
- Chest pain
Precautions and Warnings of Urografin 76 %
Can I take the Urografin injection during pregnancy?
There is limited data about the safety of this medicine, so always take the doctor's advice before using it if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby.
Can I take the Urografin injection while breastfeeding?
There is limited data about the safety of this medicine, so always take the doctor's advice before using it if you are breastfeeding your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Urografin injection?
There is limited data regarding the effect of this on driving. So, take your doctor's advice for that.
Can I consume alcohol with the Urografin injection?
Do not take this medicine with alcohol as it may increase the chances of adverse medicinal interactions.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any thyroid problems.
- You have a history of allergic conditions like asthma, eczema or hay fever.
- You have any problems related to the heart or circulation.
- You have any inflammatory conditions of the intestine.
- A doctor may check the thyroid functions of a newborn if he has been exposed during pregnancy or after birth.
Mode of Action of Urografin 76 %
How Does It Work?
X-rays like radio waves can pass through objects and can be focused to make a picture (film). In this procedure, the beam of rays passes through your body where it is absorbed to differing degrees by different tissues such as bones, muscles and organs. When the rays come out on the other side, they make a pattern of light and shade on a film. Urografin helps to make this pattern clearer. Your doctor or nurse injects this medicine into your body. This medicine coats the different parts of the gastrointestinal tract so it becomes easy to examine during radiographic techniques like X-ray or a CT scan....
Directions for Use of Urografin 76 %
- This medicine will be given by a doctor or a nurse.
Interactions of Urografin 76 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor about any other medicines you are taking which includes medicines without prescription and herbal medicines as well, as these medicines may alter the effectiveness of Urografin or increase the chances of side effects....
- Tell your doctor if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines, including:
- Beta-blocker medicines (used to treat high blood pressure and migraine).
- Metformin (used for diabetes mellitus).
- Interleukin medicines (used for viral infections or autoimmune conditions). As it increases the chances of delayed reactions like fever, flu-like symptoms, joint pain and itching.
Interactions with food items
- Before the examination, the medical staff should make sure that you have/had enough to drink and that any imbalances or disturbances in your body water and salts are corrected.
Storage and disposal of Urografin 76 %
This medicine is for single use only. Any unused medicine should be discarded. Medicine should be stored below 25 degrees Do not use this medicine after its expiry date. After usage of this medicine, all the materials should be discarded according to disposal guidelines....
Dosage of Urografin 76 %
- This medicine is given by your doctor or other paramedical staff, so chances of an overdose are less likely. If you experience any abnormal symptoms after an injection, talk to the radiology staff or doctor immediately....
Missed a Dose
This injection is given before imaging procedures by paramedical staff, only as per the doctor's advice.
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Urografin injection?
A: It is used as a diagnostic agent for radiographic examination of different parts of the gastrointestinal tract.
Q: How does the Urografin injection works?
A: Urografin injection contains a medicine known as Diatrizoic acid. It is one of the groups of medicine known as an iodinated radiopaque contrast medium. This medicine coats the different parts of the gastrointestinal tract, so it becomes easy to examine during radiographic techniques like X-ray or CT scan.
Q: Which tests can my doctor advice before administering the Urografin injection?
A: This medicine may affect the functions of the thyroid gland. So, your doctor may advise a few thyroid function tests before administrating this medicine.
Q: How to use the Urografin injection?
A: This medicine is to be taken in an injection form. It will be given by your doctor or other paramedical staff. Do not try to self-administer. It should be taken for the exact frequency as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can I use this medicine if I am having high blood pressure?
A: This medicine may interact with beta-blocker medicines (used for high blood pressure), thus it is always advisable to tell your doctor beforehand if you are having any heart problems or if you are on any medicine for that.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed