By OVERSEAS HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Uritin Tablet is used for the treatment of symptoms of an enlarged prostate in males, it is also called benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH). It helps in relieving the symptoms such as frequent urination, pain while urinating, difficulty in passing urine, etc in BPH. It contains tamsulosin as its active ingredient which belongs to the class of medicines called an alpha-adrenergic blocker. It works by relaxing the smooth muscles of the bladder. Take this medicine as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken after food. Complete the entire course of this medication and do not stop taking it on your own. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical and medications history. Veltam 0.4 is not recommended for use in children and adolescents....
|You Save||₹20.16 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||BPH (Benign prodynamic hyperplasia)|
|Side effects||Dizziness, difficulties in ejaculation|
|Classification||DRUGS FOR BENIGN PROSTATIC HYPERPLASIA|
Check more medicines with composition as Tamsulosin(0.4 Mg)
3 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Uritin Tablet
Uses of Uritin 0.4 MG
Uritin Tablet is used in men to treat symptoms such as pain or difficulty in passing urine, frequent urination during the night, an urgency to urinate, incomplete bladder emptying associated with an enlarged prostate (benign prostate hyperplasia, BPH)....
Contraindications of Uritin 0.4 MG
- If you are allergic to tamsulosin or any of the other ingredients of Uritin Tablet.
- If you have problems with your liver.
- If you suddenly feel dizzy or light-headed when you sit up or stand up due to low blood pressure.
Side effects of Uritin 0.4 MG
- Dizziness (sitting or standing up from lying position)
- Difficulties in ejaculation
Precautions and Warnings of Uritin 0.4 MG
Can I take Uritin Tablet during pregnancy?
Uritin Tablet is meant to be used only in men.
Can I take Uritin Tablet while breastfeeding?
Uritin Tablet is meant to be used only in men.
Can I drive if I have consumed Uritin Tablet?
Uritin Tablet may blur your vision and make you feel dizzy, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Uritin Tablet?
Although there is no known interaction between alcohol and Uritin Tablet, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of drinking regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You are scheduled to have eye surgery for cataracts or glaucoma. As the use of this medicine may increase the risk of eye complications during and after the surgery.
- You have ever fainted or felt dizzy when suddenly sitting or standing up.
- In men, ejaculation disorders and ejaculation failure have been observed with this medicine.
- Uritin Tablet is not recommended for use in patients below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Uritin 0.4 MG
How Does It Work?
Tamsulosin in Uritin Tablet works by relaxing the muscles of the prostate, bladder and urethra (which carries urine), so that easier flow of urine is facilitated. Thus, improving the symptoms associated with benign enlargement of the prostate....
Directions for Use of Uritin 0.4 MG
- Uritin Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- It should be taken after a meal, it should be preferably taken at the same time every day for best results.
Interactions of Uritin 0.4 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Uritin Tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or any vaccination scheduled....
- You may experience low blood pressure effects like dizziness and lightheadedness when Veltam 0.4 is taken together with blood pressure medicines like Verapamil and Diltiazem.
- Anti-fungal medicines like Ketoconazole or certain antibiotics like erythromycin, antacids like cimetidine or anti-HIV medicines may increase the removal of tamsulosin from the body, so should be used with caution....
- Warfarin (used to prevent blood clotting) can speed up the removal of tamsulosin from your body and thus decrease the effectiveness of tamsulosin.
- Other medicines like Furosemide, Paroxetine, Doxazosin, Indoramin and Prazosin should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Uritin 0.4 MG
- Store Uritin Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Uritin 0.4 MG
An overdose of Uritin Tablet may cause a severe drop in blood pressure, tiredness, dizziness and malaise. Seek urgent medical attention in case you experience any of the symptoms or have taken too much of this medicine....
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed taking any dose of Uritin Tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Will I get or experience any sexual problems during therapy with Uritin Tablet?
A: You may experience a delay in ejaculation or decrease ejaculation which is harmless.
Q: How long should I take Uritin Tablet?
A: The dose and duration of Uritin Tablet will depend on the response to treatment. Take it for as long as prescribed by your doctor and follow all the instructions and do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Q: Can Uritin Tablet be used in children?
A: No, Uritin Tablet is not recommended for use in patients less than 18 years old.
Q: Does Uritin Tablet cause constipation?
A: Some individuals might experience constipation after taking this medicine, which usually resolves with time. However, it is not necessary that everyone will experience the same side effect.
Q: Does Uritin Tablet affect the prostate size?
A: Uritin Tablet does not directly affect the size of the prostate. It provides symptomatic relief for the enlarged prostate.
Q: What are the side effects of Veltam?
A: Dizziness (sitting or standing up from a lying position, difficulties in ejaculation are some of the side effects that can be seen during the treatment with Veltam. Although not everyone gets them. Side effects often improve as your body gets used to the medicine.
Q: How do you take Veltam 0.4 mg?
A: Veltam 0.4 should preferably be taken after a meal or as advised by the doctor. It is advisable to take this medicine regularly at the same time and without fail as directed by your doctor.
Q: Is Veltam 0.4 an antibiotic?
A: No, Veltam 0.4 is not an antibiotic. It belongs to the class of medicines called an alpha-adrenergic blocker that works by relaxing the muscles of the prostate, bladder and urethra (which carries urine), so that easier flow of urine is facilitated. Thus, improving the symptoms associated with benign enlargement of the prostate.
Q: What is Veltam 0.4 used for?
A: Uritin Tablet uses includes the treatment of symptoms of an enlarged prostate in males, it is also called benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH).
- Contiflo XL 400 micrograms prolonged release capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Contiflo XL 400 micrograms prolonged release capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]
Country of Origin
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.