Traze 50mg Tablet
Traze 50 MG Description
Traze Tablet is an antidepressant medication used to treat depression. This medication works by raising the amounts of a chemical in the brain called serotonin, which helps to enhance mood and lessen
anxiety. Traze Tablet helps to keep the balance of specific brain chemicals that regulate mood and behaviour. This elevates your mood, alleviates anxiety and tension, enhances your sleep, and boosts energy levels. Traze Tablet helps you feel less anxious and prevents excessive mood swings. There's a chance you'll have fewer bouts of depression and poor mood. Nausea, diarrhoea, constipation, loss of appetite, dry mouth, disorientation, tremor, headache, sweating, drowsiness, dizziness, or weariness are some of the side effects of the Traze Tablet. If these side effects last for a long time, talk to your doctor.
|You Save||₹7.59 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Nausea, diarrhoea, constipation, loss of appetite, dry mouth, disorientation, tremor, headache, sweating, drowsiness, dizziness|
Uses of Traze 50 MG
- According to CDSCO, Traze Tablet is used in
- Treatment of depression
Contraindications of Traze 50 MG
- If you are allergic to Traze Tablet.
- If you notice any rashes, itching on skin, swelling on your face or tongue, dizziness, and breathlessness.
- If you are on MAOIs (Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors) avoid Traze Tablet. Start this medication two weeks after discontinuing MAOIs, as it has life-threatening complications.
- If you recently have had a heart attack.
- If you have Kidney disease.
- If you have liver problems.
Side effects of Traze 50 MG
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Shortness of breath
- Decreased concentration
Precautions and Warnings of Traze 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You may experience changes in mood and behaviour.
- You have liver or renal disorders.
- You have hypotension.
- You must monitor your blood pressure regularly.
- You are not older than 18.
- You must be careful while getting up from sitting or a lying position to avoid a sudden drop in blood pressure.
- Your sodium levels in the blood may go down while taking a Traze Tablet. This increases the risk of hyponatremia. This risk is more in the elderly or those taking diuretics.
Mode of Action of Traze 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Traze 50 MG
- Ensure you take a Traze Tablet precisely as instructed by your psychiatrist.
- Do not discontinue your medication schedule without consulting your psychiatrist; it may lead to withdrawal symptoms.
Interactions of Traze 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Anticonvulsants like Carbamazepine interact with the Traze tablet. It affects Trazodone levels in the blood. It increases trazodone levels in the blood, thereby magnifying its side effects.
- Traze Tablet has interaction Fluoxetine reaction can lead to serotonin syndrome. This causes confusion, restlessness, agitation, hallucinations, and increased heartbeats.
- Protease inhibitors like Ritonavir with Traze Tablet, increase Trazodone levels in the blood.
- Antipsychotics like Gatifloxacin interact with Traze Tablet causing QT wave prolongation.
Interactions with food items
- Grapefruit juice is reported to interact with this medication by amplifying the side effects.
Storage and disposal of Traze 50 MG
Dosage of Traze 50 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Traze Tablet make me feel sleepy?
Q: I have low blood pressure. Can I take Traze Tablet?
Q: Can I stop Traze Tablet after my symptoms are gone?
- Fda.gov. [cited 2022 Mar 11]. Available from
- Chaves RG, Lamounier JA. Breastfeeding and maternal medications. J Pediatr (Rio J) [Internet]. 2004 [cited 2022 Mar 11];80(5 Suppl):S189-98. Available from:
- Drugs.com. [cited 2022 Mar 11]. Available from:
- Org.uk. [cited 2022 Mar 11]. Available from:
- DailyMed. Choice (Middletown) [Internet]. 2015 [cited 2022 Mar 11];52(10):52-5368-52–5368. Available from:
- Medlineplus.gov. [cited 2022 Mar 11]. Available from: