Traxol S 1.5gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
By CACHET PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
1 Powder For Injection(s) in Dry Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Traxol S 1.5gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection Description
Taxol-S injection contains a combination of ceftriaxone and sulbactam, a higher antibiotic. Taxol-S injection is used to treat various types of bacterial infection. It inhibits the formation of cell
walls and kills the various susceptible bacterial organisms. Taxol-S injection will be given under medical supervision only.
|You Save||₹34.70 (20% on MRP)|
|Contains||Ceftriaxone(1.0 G) + Sulbactam(500.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Pain, inflammation and swelling at injection site, diarrhoea|
Check more medicines with composition as Ceftriaxone(1.0 G) + Sulbactam(500.0 Mg)
Uses of Traxol S 1.5gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
Taxol-S injection is used for severe and serious infections like urinary tract, respiratory tract (lungs, airways), blood, brain and infections caused by bacteria that do not respond to other antibiotics....
Contraindications of Traxol S 1.5gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
- If you are allergic to ceftriaxone, sulbactam or any of the ingredient of Taxol-S injection.
- If you are allergic to the class of medicines such as cephalosporins, penicillins, monobactams and carbapenems. If you are not sure about what these medicines are, discuss them with your doctor.
- If the patient is a premature baby.
- If a newborn has jaundice or is on calcium injection.
- If a newborn is suffering from increased bilirubin (liver enzyme) in the blood.
Side effects of Traxol S 1.5gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
- Loose stools
- Rash and skin allergies
Precautions and Warnings of Traxol S 1.5gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
Can I take the Taxol-S injection during pregnancy?
There is limited information available about the safety of Taxol-S injection during pregnancy. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, your doctor will tell you about the use of this medicine after assessing the need.
Can I take the Taxol-S injection while breastfeeding?
The components of Taxol-S injection pass into breast milk, inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding, your doctor will tell you about the use of this medicine after assessing the need and benefit. Monitor your baby for antibiotic-related side effects like diarrhoea or fungal infection of the mouth.
Can I drive if I have consumed Taxol-S injection?
You may feel dizzy after taking the Taxol-S injection. Therefore, be cautious or avoid driving after taking this injection.
Can I consume alcohol with Taxol-S injection?
Alcohol may worsen the side effect like dizziness when consumed with Taxol-S injection. It is advisable to avoid alcohol after getting injected.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergy after taking this antibiotic.
- You have developed diarrhoea after taking this medicine, immediately stop this medicine and inform your doctor.
- You have serious liver and kidney disease.
- You are suffering from gall bladder disease.
- You are suffering from anaemia.
- You are suffering from the disease bowel inflammation (Colitis).
Mode of Action of Traxol S 1.5gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
How Does It Work?
- Taxol-S injection acts by killing the bacteria responsible for infections. However, bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy ceftriaxone. Sulbactam inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Ceftriaxone to function optimally....
Directions for Use of Traxol S 1.5gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
Taxol-S injection will be given in a hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection. Do not self-inject this medicine.
Interactions of Traxol S 1.5gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- There is no information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. However, as this medicine contains Sulbactam & ceftriaxone, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination....
- Taxol-S injection should never be given along with Ringer's or Hartmann's solution.
- If you are taking warfarin, then there is an increased risk of bleeding.
Storage and disposal of Traxol S 1.5gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
- Store Taxol-S injection below 25°C. Protect it from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Traxol S 1.5gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give Taxol-S injection. Therefore, it is less likely you shall receive more of this medicine. However, if you experience any side effects after taking this injection, inform your doctor as soon as possible....
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse on when the injection should be given to you. It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions do I need to take before taking the Taxol-S injection?
A: You need to inform your doctor if you have any allergy to any other antibiotic or specific allergen.
Q: For how long do I need to take the Taxol-S injection?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed duration of antibiotics by your doctor. Otherwise, there is a possibility of reoccurrence of the infection.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed