Trapain 50mg Injection 2ml
Trapain 50 MG Description
Trapain Injection is a painkiller medicine used to relieve severe persistent pain. It contains tramadol, which belongs to a class of medicines called analgesics. It inhibits the production of chemica
l which is responsible for pain (prostaglandins).
Uses of Trapain 50 MG
Contraindications of Trapain 50 MG
- If you are allergic to tramadol or similar medicines or any other ingredients of Trapain Injection
- If you are suffering from epilepsy or fits which is not under control by your current treatment
- If you are taking sleeping pills, painkillers, or medicines that affect mood or consume alcohol regularly
- If you are taking certain medicines for the treatment of depression or Parkinson’s disease (MAOIs), discuss with your doctor if your unsure.
Side effects of Trapain 50 MG
- Injection site reactions
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Trapain 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from any liver or kidney problem
- You experience fits or seizures
- You had any head injury
- You suffer from any psychiatric illnesses and are on medication for the same.
- You are taking other medicines containing paracetamol or tramadol
- You are addicted to pain-relieving medicines
- You feel that you are about to faint or are in shock
- You develop any allergic symptoms or Serotonin syndrome
- You are taking medicines to treat pain (containing buprenorphine, nalbuphine or pentazocine)
- You notice any sleep-related breathing problems, contact your doctor immediately.
- You experience tiredness, lack of appetite, severe stomach pain, nausea, vomiting or low blood pressure, immediately contact your doctor.
Mode of Action of Trapain 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Trapain 50 MG
- Trapain Injection will be given to you in the hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Trapain 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Trapain Injection works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat your heart problems, psychiatric illnesses, fits, Parkinson’s disease, allergy, cough, pain or are taking sedative medicines, blood thinners, medications used to stop vomiting....
- This medicine should not be taken simultaneously or for atleast 2 weeks after treatment with certain medicines (monoamine oxidase inhibitors or MAOIs) used for psychiatric illnesses.
Storage and disposal of Trapain 50 MG
- Store this injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets
Dosage of Trapain 50 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Trapain Injection used for?
Q: What is the composition of Trapain Injection?
- Tramadol hydrochloride 50 mg/ml solution for injection or infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 26 June 2022]
- Tramadol hydrochloride 50 mg/ml solution for injection or infusion - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 26 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 26 June 2022]
- Tramadol 50 mg capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 26 June 2022]
- Tramadol 50 mg capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 26 June 2022]