Trajenta 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Trajenta 5 MG Description
Trajenta 5 mg tablet is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus in addition to diet and exercise to improve blood glucose levels. It contains linagliptin as an active ingredient. It works
y stimulating insulin release and decreasing the release of glucose in the bloodstream. Diabetes is a critical health condition and if not treated properly can lead to other complications and also affect other organs including the eyes, kidneys and nerves. Thus it is advised to follow a healthy lifestyle and diet along with taking antidiabetic medicines regularly. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting Trajenta 5 mg tablet.
Uses of Trajenta 5 MG
Contraindications of Trajenta 5 MG
Side effects of Trajenta 5 MG
- Blurred vision
- Fast heartbeat
- Mood change
- Numbness of lips
- Feeling lightheaded
Precautions and Warnings of Trajenta 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- Your body does not produce any insulin (type 1 diabetes) or diabetic ketoacidosis (a complication of diabetes with high blood sugar, rapid weight loss, nausea or vomiting).
- You are taking other antidiabetics such as glimepiride, glipizide, your doctor reduce your medicine dose to avoid your blood glucose going too low.
- You had an allergy due to the use of antidiabetic medicines or have or ever had a disease of the pancreas.
- You experience blistering of the skin, it may be a sign of a condition called bullous pemphigoid.
- Diabetic skin lesions are a common complication of diabetes, follow recommendations for skin and foot care suggested by your doctor or nurse.
Mode of Action of Trajenta 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Trajenta 5 MG
- Trajenta 5 mg tablet should be consumed in the correct dose and for the exact duration as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Trajenta 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements and herbals you are currently taking to avoid any possible interaction.
- Medicines such as Carbamazepine, phenobarbital or phenytoin use control fits (seizures) and an antibiotic Rifampicin used for tuberculosis infection should be avoided.
Storage and disposal of Trajenta 5 MG
Dosage of Trajenta 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Trajenta 5 mg tablet contains metformin?
Q: Can Trajenta 5 mg tablet be taken with food?
Q: Can Trajenta 5 mg tablet be crushed?
Q: What happens if I take Trajenta 5 mg tablet with other antidiabetic medicines?
Q: What is the best time of day to take Trajenta 5?
Q: What are the side effects of Trajenta 5 mg tablet?
Q: What is Trajenta 5mg used for?
- Trajenta 5 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 25 February 2022]
- Trajenta 5 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 25 February 2022]
- CDSCO - Linagliptin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 25 February 2022]
- Hypoglycemia (Low Blood Glucose) | ADA [Internet]. Diabetes.org. 2021 [cited 25 February 2022]