Timolast Eye Drops
Timolast 0.5 % Description
Timolast Eye Drop are used for a condition known as "ocular hypertension" where the pressure within the eye is increased due to increased fluids. It is also used in open-angle glaucoma. It contains t
imolol as the active component. It should not be used in children below 2 years of age. Timolast Eye Drop should are meant for external use only. Avoid the use of contact lenses while using these drops. Avoid touching the dropper with your eye. Inform your doctor if you have heart or respiratory conditions and are on other medications as well. You may experience eye irritation, burning sensation, dryness, blurred vision. If these symptoms do not resolve or worsen, consult with your doctor.
- Glucotim La Eye DropsBy Centaur Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd5ml Eye Drop in BottleMRP 74.98₹ 74.99₹ 15/Ml
- Glucomol 0.5% Eye Drops 5mlBy Allergan India Pvt Ltd5ml Eye Drop in BottleMRP 74.98₹ 71.24₹ 14.25/Ml
- Timolet 0.5% Eye Drops 5mlBy Sun Pharma5ml Eye Drop in BottleMRP 74.98₹ 63.73₹ 12.75/Ml
- Timolet Od Eye Drops 3mlBy Sun Pharma3ml Eye Drop in BottleMRP 44.99₹ 38.24₹ 12.75/Ml
Uses of Timolast 0.5 %
Contraindications of Timolast 0.5 %
- If you are allergic to timolol or any other component of Timolast Eye Drop.
- If you have a history of respiratory diseases such as bronchial asthma or severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- If you have any heart disease or disorder, including heart failure.
- If you have severe kidney failure or disease.
Side effects of Timolast 0.5 %
- Burning and stinging sensation
- Pain, discharge, irritation, blurred vision, redness of the eye
- Swelling and itching of the eyelid
- Altered taste sensation
Precautions and Warnings of Timolast 0.5 %
Other General Warnings
- You experience an allergic reaction.
- You have heart, respiratory, diabetes and liver disease or condition.
- You have or had a kidney stone.
- You are on any other medications.
- You have diabetes and/or hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid gland).
- You experience loss of vision, dryness of the eye.
- You have a planned surgery.
- You wear contact lenses.
- Timolast Eye Drop should not be used in children below 2 years of age.
Mode of Action of Timolast 0.5 %
How Does It Work?
- Timolast Eye Drop contains Timolol. It acts by decreasing the aqueous humour production, lowering the build fluid pressure within your eye.
Directions for Use of Timolast 0.5 %
- Use Timolast Eye Drop as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow directions carefully & do not miss an application.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper. Keep the dropper clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
Interactions of Timolast 0.5 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Effect of Timolast Eye Drop may be increased with medicine use to heart condition such as diltiazem, verapamil, quinidine, propranolol, atenolol, amiodarone, digitalis, guanethidine.
- Concomitant use of these eye drops with medicine used to increase heart rate such as adrenaline may cause dilation of the pupil (mydriasis).
- Since Timolast Eye Drop is to be used externally, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
Storage and disposal of Timolast 0.5 %
- Store at a temperature not exceeding 15°- 25°C.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Discard the solution if it changes colour, turns cloudy or if contains particles.
Dosage of Timolast 0.5 %
- As Timolast Eye Drop is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- Excess of this medicine may cause dizziness, headache, shortness of breath, decrease heart rate, fatigue, eye irritation or electrolyte imbalance.
- If you have applied extra quantities of it, wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton.