Tiaprex 25mg Tablet
Tiaprex 25 MG Description
Tiaprex is a medication used to treat behavioural disorders such as involuntary and abnormal movements, also known as dyskinesia. Tiaprex use also includes treatment of agitation and aggression in ad
ults and alcohol withdrawal symptoms. Tiaprex contains Tiapride in strength and is an atypical antipsychotic. Tiaprex tablet works by influencing the actions of certain chemical messengers in the brain. The medication prevents the release of a chemical messenger that helps in reducing negative feelings such as social isolation and memory loss. Directions of Tiaprex tablets should be strictly followed while on the medicine. It’s advisable to strictly adhere to the dosage schedule given by your doctor and take medicine on time. This will ensure that a certain level of the medication is maintained in the system. Do not stop taking medicine suddenly, resulting in withdrawal symptoms. Some common side effects of the Tiaprex tablet include difficulty in falling asleep, dizziness, headache, fatigue, drowsiness, vertigo etc.
|₹4.35 (15% on MRP)
|Treat aggression in elderly patients, alcohol withdrawal symptoms
|Vomiting, nausea, drowsiness, vertigo, agitation, difficulty in sleeping
Uses of Tiaprex 25 MG
- Tiaprex tablet is used in the treatment of
- Neurological and psychiatric disorders such as dyskinesia,
- Alcohol withdrawal syndrome,
- Agitation and aggression in the elderly
Contraindications of Tiaprex 25 MG
- If you have a tumour that is prolactin dependent.
- If you are hypersensitive or allergic to Tiaprex or other antipsychotics and other inactive substances present in the medication.
- If you have a history of a neuroleptic malignant syndrome characterised by high fever, muscle aches, excessive sweating and salivation.
- If you have Pheochromocytoma, a tumour of the adrenal gland.
Side effects of Tiaprex 25 MG
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
- Difficulty in urinating
- Increased thirst
Precautions and Warnings of Tiaprex 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You’re below the age of 18.
- You have Parkinson's disease, a brain disorder that affects a patient's movements.
- You are an elderly patient.
- You have a history of seizure disorders.
Mode of Action of Tiaprex 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Tiaprex 25 MG
- Tiaprex tablet must be taken as and when directed by your doctor.
- Take the pill at the same time every day to ensure that a constant level of medication is maintained in the blood.
- Swallow the pill entirely with a glass of water.
- Do not break, crush or chew the tablet; this can reduce its efficacy.
- Tiaprex tablet can be taken with or without food.
- Do not take more medicine than what your doctor has recommended. Consult your doctor if you feel that your prescribed dosage isn’t working for you.
- Do not stop taking medicine without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Tiaprex 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Aceclofenac (a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medication used to treat pain and inflammation related to rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis etc.),
- Alprazolam (used to treat anxiety and panic disorders),
- Amikacin (an antibiotic used to treat severe or serious bacterial infections)
- Acetazolamide (used to prevent symptoms of altitude sickness such as tiredness, nausea or dizziness)
Interactions with food items
- Food doesn't influence the effect of the Tiaprex tablet. However, inform your doctor about any supplements or herbal drinks you take before beginning your Tiaprex tablet.