Thyrox 75mcg Bottle Of 100 Tablets
Thyrox 75 MCG Description
Thyrox 75 tablet is used to control hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism is a condition where the thyroid gland stops producing sufficient thyroid hormones. Thyrox 75 tablet contains levothyroxine as the a
ctive component. Levothyroxine is a synthetic form of the thyroid hormone thyroxine produced naturally by the thyroid gland. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended by your doctor. Do not take more than the prescribed dose. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Before taking Thyrox 75 tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, breastfeeding and about your complete medical history.
Uses of Thyrox 75 MCG
Contraindications of Thyrox 75 MCG
- If you are allergic to levothyroxine or any other ingredient of Thyrox 75 tablet.
- If you have any disorders that are related to the adrenal glands.
- If you have an overactive thyroid gland that produces too much thyroid hormone (thyrotoxicosis).
Side effects of Thyrox 75 MCG
Precautions and Warnings of Thyrox 75 MCG
Other General Warnings
- You are an elderly patient (more than 50 years of age).
- You have a hormone-related disorder called panhypopituitarism.
- You have heart-related disorders such as high blood pressure, angina, heart failure, irregular heart rhythm, etc.
- You are taking medicines for the management of diabetes.
- You experience fits/seizures.
Mode of Action of Thyrox 75 MCG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Thyrox 75 MCG
- Take Thyrox 75 tablet exactly as recommended by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
Interactions of Thyrox 75 MCG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Thyrox 75 tablet works or this medicine itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about any other medicines, herbals or supplements that you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- In particular, if you are taking certain medications like antipsychotic medicines, anti-epileptic medicines like phenytoin oral contraceptives, etc.
- Dose adjustment of anti-diabetic medicines, blood thinners and medicines used for treating heart failure is required on the simultaneous use of Thyrox 75 tablet. Inform your doctor if you are taking any medicines from this class....
- Antacids, anti-ulcer medicines, iron preparations and other preparations used to reduce cholesterol levels such as cholestyramine should be used with a minimum gap of 4 - 5 hours with Thyrox 75 tablet....
Storage and disposal of Thyrox 75 MCG
- Store Thyrox 75 tablet in a cool and dry place below 25°C.
- Keep away from children and pets.
Dosage of Thyrox 75 MCG
- The symptoms of an overdose of Thyrox 75 tablet include fever, chest pain, headache, muscle cramps, anxiety, sweating, diarrhoea, sleeplessness, etc.
- If you think you have consumed too much of this medicine, contact your doctor as soon as possible or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed taking any dose of Thyrox 75 tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule.
- Do not consume a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Thyrox 75 to lose weight?
Q: When should I take Thyrox 75?
Q: Can I stop Thyrox 75?
Q: What is Thyrox 75 used for?
- Thyrox 75 tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 29 September 2022]
- Thyrox 75 tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 29 September 2022]
- LEVO-T [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 29 September 2022]
- Levothyroxine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 29 September 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 29 September 2022]