Texidep 0.25mg Tablet
Texidep 0.25 MG Description
Texidep 0.25mg tablet uses include treatment of panic disorders and anxiety. Alprazolam is the primary ingredient of Texidep 0.25mg Tab. Texidep 0.25mg belongs to the category of medicines called ben
zodiazepines. The mode of action of Texidep 0.25mg is by affecting the nerves and brain to produce feelings of calmness. This medicine changes brain activity related to emotions causing the user to find relief from anxiety and get sleep after taking this medicine. Texidep 0.25 mg side effects include drowsiness, changes in sexual ability and dizziness. Stopping Texidep 0.25mg Tablet suddenly without medical advice may cause withdrawal symptoms like confusion, irritability, restlessness, and severe anxiety.
Uses of Texidep 0.25 MG
- Texidep 0.25mg Tablet is used in the treatment of:
- Severe anxiety
- Panic disorder
Contraindications of Texidep 0.25 MG
- Do not take Texidep 0.25mg tablets or take with caution:
- If you are allergic to alprazolam
- If you have suffered an allergic reaction to benzodiazepines in general
- If you have liver disorders
- If you suffer from breathing issues
- If you have sleep apnoea (breathing difficulty during sleep)
- If you have myasthenia gravis (muscles become weak and get tired quickly)
- If you have glaucoma (increased eye pressure)
- If you are below 18 years of age
Side effects of Texidep 0.25 MG
- Texidep 0.25mg tablet side effects are usually not severe and subside as the body adjusts itself to this medicine. Common side effects of Texidep 0.25mg tablets are as follows:
- Dry mouth
- Weight changes
- Inform your doctor if the side effects do not go away after a reasonable period or become more severe.
Precautions and Warnings of Texidep 0.25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have scheduled surgery.
- You take other medicines, supplements, and vitamins. Some of these might interact with Texidep 0.25mg tablets.
- You have a history of substance abuse.
- You were diagnosed with any other mental illness, like depression, in the past.
- You are pregnant or planning to conceive.
- You notice changes in your behaviour after starting treatment with Texidep 0.25mg tablets.
- You have thoughts of self-harm after starting treatment with Texidep 0.25mg tablets.
Mode of Action of Texidep 0.25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Texidep 0.25 MG
- Your doctor will decide your dosage of Texidep 0.25mg tablet based on your health, ailment, and age.
- Take Texidep 0.25mg tablet exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not stop this tablet without consulting your doctor, or you may experience withdrawal symptoms like headache, tension, and muscle pain.
- Your doctor will start Texidep 0.25mg tablets with a mild dose. The dose will be increased depending on your response to the medicine and the side effects.
- While stopping Texidep 0.25mg tablets, the doctor will reduce the dose gradually before stopping it completely. This is done to avoid withdrawal symptoms.
- Texidep 0.25mg tablets can be taken with or without food.
Interactions of Texidep 0.25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Texidep 0.25mg tablets can interact with many medicines. Inform your doctor if you use any of the following:
- Hypnotics like Temazepam and Zopiclone; when alprazolam is taken with hypnotics like Temazepam and Zopiclone, it increases the risk and severity of side effects like drowsiness, dizziness, difficulty in concentration, and confusion. ...
- Antihistamines like Chlorphenamine and Promethazine; using alprazolam with antihistamines like Promethazine and Chlorpheniramine may make you more susceptible to side effects like confusion, impaired thinking, and dizziness. ...
- Pain medications containing tramadol like Ultram and Ultracet; combining alprazolam with medicines like Ultram and Ultracet that contain tramadol can result in serious side effects like coma, sedation, respiratory depression, and even death....
- Medicines used to treat epilepsy like Carbamazepine and Phenytoin; medicines like carbamazepine and phenytoin reduce alprazolam’s effect. This happens due to the escalation in the breakdown of alprazolam in the liver....
Interactions with food items
- Texidep 0.25mg Tab interaction with food is negligible. However, consult your doctor before drinking grapefruit juice.
Storage and disposal of Texidep 0.25 MG
Dosage of Texidep 0.25 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have been taking Texidep 0.25mg tablets for a long time. Initially, it gave me relief from anxiety, but now my anxiety has returned. What should I do?
Q: Will I become dependent on Texidep 0.25mg tablets if I take them for a long duration?
Q: How long will I have to take Texidep 0.25mg tablets?
- Interactions between your drugs: ALPRAZolam - temazepam [Internet] drugs.com [cited 2 March 2022]
- Zopiclone: Intentional poisoning followed by death by drowning: 2 case reports. React Wkly [Internet]. 2015. 1537(1): 258–258 [cited 2 March 2022] -
- Interactions between your drugs: ALPRAZolam - promethazine [Internet] drugs.com. [cited 2 March 2022] -
- Jessica Caporuscio P. What are the side effects of tramadol? [Internet]. medicalnewstoday.com. 2019 [cited 2 March 2022] -
- Alprazolam 0.25 mg tablet [Internet]. kaiserpermanente.org. [cited 2 March 2022] -
- Alprazolam: Dependence, misuse and withdrawal symptoms: case report. React Wkly [Internet]. 2014. 1515(1): 24–24 [cited 2 March 2022] -
- Alprazolam 0.25 mg, 0.5 mg and 1 mg Tablets [Internet]. cts-mrp.eu. [cited 2 March 2022]
- Drug - Alap (0.25mg) - 10 Tablets Tablet (Alprazolam) price list or cost of medication [Internet]. medindia.net. [cited 2 March 2022] -
- Package leaflet: Information for the patient Alprazolam 0.25 mg Tablets [Internet]. hpra.ie. [cited 2 March 2022] -