Terbotac M Cream
Terbotac M Cream Description
Terbotac M Cream is used to treat fungal infections along with redness and itching of the skin. It contains a combination of mometasone and terbinafine. This medicine belongs to the antifungal class
of medicines. This Cream acts by reducing the redness and itching and inhibiting the fungal growth. You should not use it for any other skin condition. This Cream should be used externally only. Do not use this Cream in or around your eyes, including eyelids. You may experience side effects such as dry skin, skin irritation, peeling of the skin. Do not stop using this Cream abruptly unless advised by your doctor.
Uses of Terbotac M Cream
Contraindications of Terbotac M Cream
- If you are allergic to mometasone, terbinafine or any of the components of Terbotac M Cream.
- If you have any other skin conditions such as acne, thinning of the skin, cold sores, chickenpox, itching in the genital region, nappy rash, ulcerated skin, wounds, reactivation of chickenpox virus, skin growth....
Side effects of Terbotac M Cream
- Dry skin
- Skin irritation
- Peeling of the skin
- Hair infection
- Thinning of the skin
- Skin discolouration
- Stretch marks
- Excessive hair growth
Precautions and Warnings of Terbotac M Cream
Other General Warnings
- You notice any growth filled with pus under your skin.
- You experience blurring of vision, skin irritation after applying, facial swelling, weakness and tiredness.
- You have diabetes.
- Avoid contact with eye or eyelids.
- You are using it for children above 12 years of age since it should be used cautiously.
Mode of Action of Terbotac M Cream
How Does It Work?
- Terbotac M Cream contains mometasone and terbinafine. which is an antifungal agent.
- Mometasone acts as an anti-inflammatory agent that helps in reducing swelling, redness, itching caused by various skin conditions.
- Terbinafine medicine interferes with the biosynthesis of fungus within fungal cells, thus it inhibits the growth of the fungus.
Directions for Use of Terbotac M Cream
- Use Terbotac M Cream as directed by your doctor.
- For external use only, apply it on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Terbotac M Cream
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Terbotac M Cream
- Store this Cream below 25ºC.
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children and pets.
- Discard this Cream after the expiry date.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Terbotac M Cream
- As Terbotac M Cream is meant for external application cases of overdose is unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you have applied extra quantities of it wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is the Terbotac M Cream a steroid?
Q: My Doctor has advised me to use Terbotac M Cream. How should I apply it? Do I have to rub the area after application?
Q: I am using Terbotac M Cream for the last 3 weeks but now I feel I am not having symptoms anymore, so can I stop using this Cream?
- Elocon Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 26 May 2022]
- Lamisil 1% w/w Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 26 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 26 May 2022]