Tenlimac 20mg Tablet
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tenlimac tablet is an oral antidiabetic medication used to lower the blood sugar levels in people suffering from type 2 diabetes. You may be given this medicine alone or in combination with some other
medicines for diabetes, depending upon your body's requirement. Take this medicine as prescribed and for the exact duration as prescribed by your doctor. Do not miss any dose or take it more than that recommended by the doctor. Please inform your doctor about all your medical conditions before taking this medicine. Adopt a healthy diet and exercise regularly along with medication to achieve better blood sugar control. You must check your blood sugar levels....
Uses of Tenlimac 20mg Tablet
Tenlimac tablet is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus in combination with diet and exercise.
Contraindications of Tenlimac 20mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to teneligliptin or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a metabolism-related problem called ketosis (when your body utilizes fats for energy and not sugar).
- If you have type1 diabetes mellitus.
- If you are suffering from a serious infection and have experienced a diabetic coma (an emergency condition in which blood sugar gets too high).
- If you have to undergo surgery or are suffering from a serious physical injury, these may require insulin for controlling blood sugar.
- If you have a known history of pancreatitis.
Side effects of Tenlimac 20mg Tablet
- Low blood sugar
- Increased body temperature
Precautions and Warnings of Tenlimac 20mg Tablet
Can I take the Tenlimac 20 mg Tablet during pregnancy?
There is a limited amount of data available about the safety of users of this medicine during pregnancy, thus it is recommended that you do not take this medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take the Tenlimac 20 mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to take this medicine when you are breastfeeding as there is limited information available on how this medicine can affect your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Tenlimac 20 mg Tablet?
This medicine is known to cause low blood sugar levels which can impair your driving ability. Always keep sugar, juice or a bar of chocolate in your car while driving. In case you experience any of the symptoms of low blood glucose levels like dizziness, drowsiness, visual disturbances and sweating, stop driving immediately and have sugar/ juice. Do not consume sugar-free items at such episodes.
Can I consume alcohol with the Tenlimac 20 mg Tablet?
- It is unsafe to consume alcohol with this medicine as it affects blood glucose levels.
- It can decrease or increase the blood sugar level depending on the quantity and frequency of alcohol consumption. It increases the appetite and you tend to consume more calories and it interferes withthe way this medicine works....Read more
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any pre-existing medical conditions such as liver and kidney disorders, etc.
- You have a known history of pancreatitis or develop sudden pain in the stomach or back, immediately stop the medicine and report to the hospital.
- You have malnutrition, are dieting, taking irregular meals, doing vigorous muscle exercise and consuming too much alcohol, then you may experience low blood sugar
- You have undergone any surgery on the stomach or intestine.
- You have heart problems like irregular heart rhythm and heart failure as it may increase the symptoms further.
- You are taking other medicines to treat diabetes like Insulin and Glimepiride, a drastic fall in blood glucose can occur.
Mode of Action of Tenlimac 20mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- When we eat, glucose increases in the body. The small intestine increases the release of certain chemicals called incretins. These play an important role in controlling blood glucose. But these are rapidly degraded by an enzyme called DPPP-4....Read more
- Teneligliptin inhibits this DPP-4. Thus, incretins don’t get degraded rapidly and can act to control blood glucose.
- It increases insulin synthesis by the pancreas, thereby reducing glucose levels.
- It also decreases glucagon levels which is a counter-hormone of insulin, thereby further decreasing blood sugar levels.
Directions for Use of Tenlimac 20mg Tablet
- Take this tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food.
- You should take this medicine regularly at the same time without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the prescribed medicine.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own.
Interactions of Tenlimac 20mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of the Tenlimac tablet if, taken at the same time. Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....Read more
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for heart-related disorders, psychiatric illness, high blood pressure or other anti-diabetic medicines, painkillers, etc.
- Medicines like steroids, adrenaline and medicines used for thyroid disorders like thyroxine if taken along, increase blood sugar. Caution is advised.
Storage and disposal of Tenlimac 20mg Tablet
- Store it at room temperature.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
- Properly dispose of the tablet if it has passed its expiry date.
Dosage of Tenlimac 20mg Tablet
- An overdose of the Tenlimac tablet will lead to low blood sugar levels and you may experience symptoms like dizziness, fainting, sweating and tremors.
- If you have the blood glucometer with you, test immediately and confirm.
- Whether you test your levels or not, it is important to take some glucose water/juice/eat sugar or chocolates immediately and then rush to your doctor.
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose is not advised as it will lead to fluctuations in your blood sugar.
- If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one as taking a double dose can cause a drastic fall in blood glucose which can be dangerous.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the other lifestyle modifications I need to consider to manage diabetes?
- This disease cannot be cured completely. However, you can control it. Here are a few simple tips to control diabetes- plan your diet, consume a balanced diet.
- Limit carbohydrate and sugar intake.
- Exercise regularly.
- Monitor your blood glucose regularly.
- Take your anti-diabetic medications on time.
Q: What kind of diet should I follow?
- A diet high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Maintain the regular meal timings and try to have 2-3 healthy snacks between meals like soups and salads.
- Diet should include boiled, steamed or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), less use of ghee and butter.
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily.
- Carry fruit or low-calorie high fibre biscuits while travelling.
Q: What should I avoid being a diabetic patient?
- Do not shop when you are hungry.
- You could be tempted to buy oily and fried food.
- Avoid overeating.
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Stop having daals with ghee and deep-fried pulses.
- Avoid cream soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil.
Q: What is hypoglycaemia?
A: Hypoglycaemia is a condition of low blood sugar levels. This is typically characterised by symptoms like light-headedness, dizziness, headache, blurred vision, tremors, shakiness and sweating. If the condition is severe it is recommended to visit your nearest doctor or hospital immediately. Always carry a sugar candy along with you to balance your sugar levels.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 29 Jun 2021 | 11:13 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved