Telvas Am 40mg Tablet
Telvas Am 40mg Tablet Description
Telvas-AM tablet is an antihypertensive medicine. It is used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It contains a combination of two medicines telmisartan and amlodipine. This medicine is used whe
the blood pressure cannot be controlled by either of the medicine alone. It works by relaxing blood vessels, thereby decreasing blood pressure. It increases the supply of oxygen and blood to the heart and decreases the workload on the heart. Always take it as prescribed and advised by your doctor. You can take the Telvas-AM tablet with or without food but at a fixed time every day for better results. Do not stop taking the Telva-AM tablet abruptly as it may cause sudden hypertensive crises and health complications. Uncontrolled high blood pressure may cause serious harm to the health such as an increase in the risk of heart-related diseases such as stroke, heart attack, kidney damage, brain, etc. Please inform your doctor about any other health conditions that you are suffering from before taking this tablet. Follow a healthy and active lifestyle along with this medicine to gain optimum control over blood pressure.
- Telismart Am TabletBy Helios Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 138.60₹ 97.02₹ 9.7/Tablet
- Telmavas Am TabletBy Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 186.30₹ 130.41₹ 13.04/Tablet
- Telkonol Am Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Knoll Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 86.45₹ 60.5114% CHEAPER₹ 6.05/Tablet
- Venpres Am TabletsBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 85.00₹ 59.5015% CHEAPER₹ 5.95/Tablet
- Telvilite Am 40/5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 85.00₹ 72.25₹ 7.23/Tablet
- Telista Am 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 239.00₹ 203.15₹ 13.54/Tablet
- Telista Am 40mg TabletBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 164.68₹ 139.98₹ 14.0/Tablet
- Telma Am 40/5mg Strip Of 30 TabletsBy Glenmark Pharmaceuticals30 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 515.00₹ 437.75₹ 14.59/Tablet
- Telmikind Am 40mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 63.04₹ 53.5824% CHEAPER₹ 5.36/Tablet
- Telma Am 40/5mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Glenmark Pharmaceuticals15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 256.50₹ 218.02₹ 14.53/Tablet
Uses of Telvas Am 40mg Tablet
Contraindications of Telvas Am 40mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to amlodipine, telmisartan or any of the ingredient of Telvas-AM tablet.
- If you are in your second or third trimester of pregnancy.
- If you have liver function problem or obstruction in the bile duct.
- If you have experienced shock recently or heart attack or heart failure.
- If you have heart disease due to which there is obstruction of the outflow tract of the left ventricles.
- If you are taking any medicine containing aliskiren and you happen to be diabetic or have kidney failure problem.
Side effects of Telvas Am 40mg Tablet
- Ankle swelling
- Visual disturbances
- Low blood pressure
- Slow heartbeats
Precautions and Warnings of Telvas Am 40mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have a liver or kidney problem.
- You are a diabetic.
- You may suffer from renal artery stenosis (narrowing of the blood vessels of kidneys).
- You have low blood pressure.
- You may have a high level of potassium in your blood serum reports.
- You have heart disorder like narrowing of the aorta, chest pain, history of heart attack, etc.
Mode of Action of Telvas Am 40mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Telvas Am 40mg Tablet
Interactions of Telvas Am 40mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the action of the Telvas-AM tablet or the Telvas-AM itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- You may experience an excess drop in blood pressure if you are taking other blood pressure-lowering medicine, antifungal medicines and antibiotics with the Telvas-AM tablet.
- Steroids taken via injection or infusion can interfere with the blood pressure-lowering effect of the Telvas-AM tablets.
- Medicines used as muscle relaxants called dantrolene if taken along can lead to serious heart-related problems.
- Medicines used to modify immune response such as cyclosporin and tacrolimus when taken along can give you side effects of former medicine, inform your doctor.
- Other medicines like lithium used for psychiatric disorders, painkillers like ibuprofen, celecoxib and medicine used to maintain cholesterol levels like simvastatin and digoxin used for heart failure should be used cautiously....
- Tell your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Telvas Am 40mg Tablet
- Store Telvas-AM tablet in cool and dry places to protect it from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Telvas Am 40mg Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Do I require any blood tests during treatment with Telvas-AM tablet?
Q: What precautions should I follow to control my high blood pressure?
- Consult a doctor and follow his prescription
- Restrict salt intake in your diet
- Follow a low carb, low-fat diet
- Stay active and try to do regular exercise
- Try to maintain a healthy weight