Telvas Am 40mg Tablet
By ARISTO PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Telvas-AM tablet is used in the treatment of high blood pressure. It contains a combination of two medicines telmisartan and amlodipine, which belongs to the class of antihypertensive medicines. It wo
rks by relaxing blood vessels, thereby decreasing blood pressure. It increases the supply of oxygen and blood to the heart and decreases the workload on the heart. Always take it as prescribed and advised by your doctor. You can take the Telvas-AM tablet with or without food but at a fixed time every day for better results. Do not stop taking the Telva-AM tablet abruptly as it may cause sudden hypertensive crises and health complications. Uncontrolled high blood pressure may cause serious harm to the health such as an increase in the risk of heart-related diseases such as stroke, heart attack, kidney damage, brain, etc. Please inform your doctor about any other health conditions that you are suffering from before taking this tablet. Follow a healthy and active lifestyle along with this medicine to gain optimum control over blood pressure....
Uses of Telvas Am 40mg Tablet
Telvas-AM tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension).
Contraindications of Telvas Am 40mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to amlodipine, telmisartan or any of the ingredient of Telvas-AM tablet.
- If you are in your second or third trimester of pregnancy.
- If you have liver function problem or obstruction in the bile duct.
- If you have experienced shock recently or heart attack or heart failure.
- If you have heart disease due to which there is obstruction of the outflow tract of the left ventricles.
- If you are taking any medicine containing aliskiren and you happen to be diabetic or have kidney failure problem.
Side effects of Telvas Am 40mg Tablet
- Ankle swelling
- Visual disturbances
- Low blood pressure
- Slow heartbeats
Precautions and Warnings of Telvas Am 40mg Tablet
Can I take a Telvas-AM tablet during pregnancy?
It is not recommended to use a Telvas-AM tablet if you are pregnant; it is highly unsafe for developing a foetus. If pregnancy is detected when you are on treatment with the medicine, inform the doctor immediately, you will be switched to a safer alternative.
Can I take a Telvas-AM tablet while breastfeeding?
There is no information available on the safety of the Telvas-AM tablet while breastfeeding. Thus, alternative treatment should be preferred. Consult the doctor for more information..
Can I drive if I have consumed the Telvas-AM tablet?
After taking the Telvas-AM tablet, you may experience fainting (insufficient blood flow to the brain), sleepiness, dizziness, and giddiness. These are infrequent side effects but be cautious while driving or operating machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with a Telvas-AM tablet?
Avoid alcohol during the treatment. It can cause adverse effects along with the Telvas-AM tablet. Consuming alcohol when you have a blood pressure problem is not advisable as alcohol can lower blood pressure.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a liver or kidney problem.
- You are a diabetic.
- You may suffer from renal artery stenosis (narrowing of the blood vessels of kidneys).
- You have low blood pressure.
- You may have a high level of potassium in your blood serum reports.
- You have heart disorder like narrowing of the aorta, chest pain, history of heart attack, etc.
Mode of Action of Telvas Am 40mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Telvas-AM tablet works by the combined action of its two components Amlodipine and Telmisartan. This medicine acts by relaxing the blood vessels and makes the blood flow easier. It also improves blood
and oxygen flow to the heart and reduces the load on the heart. The blood pressure-lowering effect of this combination is better than the Amlodipine or Telmisartan alone. Well-controlled blood pressure also reduces the risk of associated complications like stroke....
Directions for Use of Telvas Am 40mg Tablet
Telvas-AM tablet should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water with or without food. Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you to do. Never stop this medicine on your own.
Interactions of Telvas Am 40mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the action of the Telvas-AM tablet or the Telvas-AM itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- You may experience an excess drop in blood pressure if you are taking other blood pressure-lowering medicine, antifungal medicines and antibiotics with the Telvas-AM tablet.
- Steroids taken via injection or infusion can interfere with the blood pressure-lowering effect of the Telvas-AM tablets.
- Medicines used as muscle relaxants called dantrolene if taken along can lead to serious heart-related problems.
- Medicines used to modify immune response such as cyclosporin and tacrolimus when taken along can give you side effects of former medicine, inform your doctor.
- Other medicines like lithium used for psychiatric disorders, painkillers like ibuprofen, celecoxib and medicine used to maintain cholesterol levels like simvastatin and digoxin used for heart failureshould be used cautiously....Read more
- Tell your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
Interactions with food items
Grapefruit, apple and orange juice should be avoided for about 4 hours after taking Telvas-AM tablet. It can impair the absorption of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Telvas Am 40mg Tablet
- Store Telvas-AM tablet in cool and dry places to protect it from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Telvas Am 40mg Tablet
Symptoms of an overdose of the Telvas-AM tablet can lead to irregular heartbeats, dizziness, kidney failure and sometimes shock. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doc
tor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose of Telvas-AM tablet if you have missed the dose, take the next dose as soon as you remember. It would be best if you never miss a dose of blood pressure medicine as it can le
ad to serious side effects like sudden fall in blood pressure and associated symptoms such as fainting, lightheadedness, dizziness, dehydration etc....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Do I require any blood tests during treatment with Telvas-AM tablet?
A: You doctor may ask you for kidney function test, blood pressure and amount of electrolytes (e.g. potassium) in your blood at regular intervals.
Q: What precautions should I follow to control my high blood pressure?
- Consult a doctor and follow his prescription
- Restrict salt intake in your diet
- Follow a low carb, low-fat diet
- Stay active and try to do regular exercise
- Try to maintain a healthy weight
Q: Can I stop taking the Telvas-AM tablet on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking your blood pressure-lowering medicine on your own even if you feel good. Abrupt stopping of this medicine may result in hypertensive crisis and result in serious health consequences.
Q: What is the difference between the Telvas-AM tablet and the Telvas-H tablet?
A: Both Telvas-AM tablet and Telvas-H are medicines to control high blood pressure but vary in their composition. Telvas-AM medicine contains telmisartan and amlodipine, whereas Telvas-H contains telmisartan and hydrochlorothiazide. Depending on your health condition and disease status doctor will prescribe you either of these. Do not self medicate with anti-hypertensive medicines.
Q: What should I avoid while taking the Telvas-AM tablet?
A: Avoid taking supplements containing potassium supplement or its salt, it may cause an increase in the level of potassium in the blood and you may experience abnormal heartbeat, weakness, fatigue, chest pain. Also, avoid drinking alcohol.
- AMLOPRES-TL Tablets [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 30 July 2021]
- Twynsta 40 mg/5 mg tablets [Internet]. Ema.europa.eu. 2021 [cited 30 July 2021]
- Amlodipine Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 30 July 2021]
- Telmisartan Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 30 July 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 02 Aug 2021 | 01:28 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 15% off + up to Rs.1000 cashback
Buy 2 or more healthcare products & get an additional 10% off
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved