Telfirst H 40/12.5mg Tablet 15'S
Telfirst H 40/12.5mg Tablet 15'S Description
Telfirst H Tablet is an antihypertensive medicine. It contains a combination of two medicines - telmisartan and hydrochlorothiazide. It is used to treat high blood pressure when a single medicine has
failed or is unable to control blood pressure. This medicine works by relaxing the blood vessels and reducing the fluid load in the body by increasing urinary output. This medicine should be taken as directed by your doctor. Avoid missing any dose or stop taking Telfirst H Tablet without informing your doctor. High blood pressure is a critical health condition, if not treated well, can lead to other health-related complications and affect other parts of the body such as the brain, heart, blood vessels, kidneys. Thus, it is recommended that along with taking your medications on time you should also incorporate certain lifestyle modifications. A few of these changes include eating a diet that is low in fat and salt, maintaining a healthy weight, exercising for 30 mins every day, not smoking and limiting alcohol consumption.
|You Save||₹20.62 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Telmisartan(40.0 Mg) + Hydrochlorothiazide(12.5 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach pain|
- Telkonol H Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Knoll Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 86.25₹ 73.315.91% CHEAPER₹ 7.33/Tablet
- Venpres 40mg H Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 85.00₹ 55.2529.01% CHEAPER₹ 5.53/Tablet
Uses of Telfirst H 40/12.5mg Tablet 15'S
Contraindications of Telfirst H 40/12.5mg Tablet 15'S
- If you are allergic to telmisartan or hydrochlorothiazide or any of the ingredients of Telfirst H Tablet.
- If you have a kidney problem.
- If you are a diabetic patient.
- If you are pregnant (especially during the 2nd and 3rd trimester).
- If you are suffering from a liver problem like (problems with the drainage of the bile from the liver and the gall bladder).
- If it shows low potassium levels and high calcium levels in your blood reports.
- If you are taking medicine for lowering the blood pressure like aliskiren.
Side effects of Telfirst H 40/12.5mg Tablet 15'S
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Telfirst H 40/12.5mg Tablet 15'S
Other General Warnings
- You have liver or kidney problems.
- You are suffering from renal artery stenosis (a condition of narrowing of the blood vessels of either of the kidneys).
- You experience sudden blood or fluid losses within your body (Hypovolemia) that may cause headaches, fatigue, nausea, dizziness.
- You are suffering from Primary aldosteronism (a condition of excess production of the hormone aldosterone from the adrenal glands).
- You may experience sugar intolerance, your blood glucose level may drop.
- You may experience electrolyte imbalance with the symptoms of dryness of mouth, thirst, drowsiness, muscle pain, nausea, vomiting, etc.
- You have galactose intolerance (small intestine's inability to transport and absorb glucose and galactose).
- You are black (as this medicine is found less effective in lowering blood pressure in black patients than in non-blacks).
- You have any kind of heart condition like ischaemic cardiopathy (when your heart muscle is weakened as a result of heart disease).
- You are suffering from glaucoma (increased pressure inside the yes).
- You may develop Non-melanoma skin cancer (types of cancer that occur in the skin that are not melanoma).
- Telfirst H Tablet is not recommended for use in patients who are below 18 years old.
Mode of Action of Telfirst H 40/12.5mg Tablet 15'S
How Does It Work?
- Telfirst H Tablet works by the combined action of telmisartan and hydrochlorothiazide.
- Telmisartan acts by relaxing the blood vessels and helps in lowering the blood pressure.
- Hydrochlorothiazide helps in increasing the urine output, hence helping in lowering the blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Telfirst H 40/12.5mg Tablet 15'S
- Telfirst H Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Telfirst H 40/12.5mg Tablet 15'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Telfirst H Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines for fungal infections, antibiotics, immunosuppressants, medicines for diabetes and medicines for Parkinson's disease.
Storage and disposal of Telfirst H 40/12.5mg Tablet 15'S
- Store Telfirst H Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Telfirst H 40/12.5mg Tablet 15'S
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Telfirst H Tablet during pregnancy?
Q: What is Telfirst H Tablet used for?
Q: When is the best time to take this medicine?
- Cresar-H tablet [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
- Telmisartan/Hydrochlorothiazide 40 mg/12.5 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
- Telmisartan/Hydrochlorothiazide 40 mg/12.5 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
- TELFIRST AM 40MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- TELFIRST 40MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- TELFIRST AM 40MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- TELFIRST CT 40/12.5MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- TELFIRST CT 40/12.5MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- TELFIRST CT 40/6.25MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- TELFIRST CT 40/6.25MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- TELFIRST 20MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- TELFIRST 20MG TABLET