Taurcef Dt 100mg Tablets
By TAURUS LABORATORIES PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Taurcef Dt 100mg Tablets Description
Taurcef Dt 100mg Tab contains Cefotaxime. It is an antibiotic medicine.
|You Save||₹18.75 (15% on MRP)|
Check more medicines with composition as Cefotaxime
Uses of Taurcef Dt 100mg Tablets
- For the treatment of patients with serious bacterial infections
Contraindications of Taurcef Dt 100mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to Cefotaxime, penicillin, medicine from the same class like Cefixime and any ingredient of this medicine
- If you have a history of allergy to local anaesthetics like Lidocaine which can be used for local anaesthesia while giving this medicine
Side effects of Taurcef Dt 100mg Tablets
- Pain and swelling at the injection site
- Rashes, itching, fever or redness
- Fits, diarrhoea, nausea and vomiting
Precautions and Warnings of Taurcef Dt 100mg Tablets
Can I take Taurcef Dt 100mg Tab during pregnancy?
This medicine crosses the placenta and its safety in pregnancy is not established. Thus, it should not be used during pregnancy unless it is clearly considered essential by your doctor.
Can I take Taurcef Dt 100mg Tab while breastfeeding?
It passes into the breastmilk in small amounts and may affect the breastfed baby. Close monitoring of breastfed infant for the symptoms of diarrhea and fungal infection of mouth is advised if your doctor prescribes you this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Taurcef Dt 100mg Tab?
This medicine may affect your ability to drive or operate machines. Do not drive or operate machines if you experience dizziness and drowsiness.
Can I consume alcohol with Taurcef Dt 100mg Tab?
This medicine does not interact with alcohol. However, alcohol and antibiotics have similar side effects like stomach upset, dizziness, etc. Thus, concurrent use should be avoided.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you are expected to take antibiotic therapy for too long as it may increase the chances of getting other infections
- If you are allergic to this medicine or penicillin, then inform your doctor as you should not take this medicine as it can cause serious allergies
- If you experience skin redness, anaemia and other abnormalities in blood count
- If you have watery diarrhoea characterised by black tarry stools and fever
- If you have a liver, kidney or heart problem
- If you have developed diarrhoea and is persistent, this could be a serious side effect, seek medical help
- If you are on a low salt diet or you have diabetes, you may get false urine glucose test reports
- If you are taking medicines like Streptomycin or Amikacin along with this medicine, a regular kidney function test is recommended
Mode of Action of Taurcef Dt 100mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by inhibiting the formation and growth of bacterial cell wall which eventually leads to the death of the bacteria responsible for causing infection.
Directions for Use of Taurcef Dt 100mg Tablets
- Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor
- Do not stop taking this medicine on your own
Interactions of Taurcef Dt 100mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Antibiotics like Streptomycin, Gentamycin and water pills like Furosemide, when taken along with this medicine, can affect your kidney function; close monitoring of kidney function is recommended
- Patients on anti-gout medicine like probenecid with existing kidney function problem should be cautious
Storage and disposal of Taurcef Dt 100mg Tablets
- Store this medicine at room temperature
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Taurcef Dt 100mg Tablets
Taking too much medicine may increase the chances and frequency of getting side effects. Seek immediate medical attention in case of overdose.
Missed a Dose
Never miss dose of an antibiotic medicine. If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Dr. Ravi Kakarla
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take this medicine?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed dosage duration by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course, it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of treatment.
Q: I have a penicillin allergy, can I take Taurcef Dt 100mg Tab?
A: No, if you have a penicillin allergy, you should never receive this medicine. It can lead to serious and life-threatening allergic reaction if you already have a penicillin allergy.
Q: What do you mean by inappropriate use of antibiotics?
A: Inappropriate use of antibiotics constitutes taking antibiotics when not needed, for wrong diseases, taking inappropriate dosage and not completing the course of antibiotic treatment as prescribed by doctor.
Q: What is antibiotic resistance?
A: Antibiotic resistance is a natural process. It occurs when an antibiotic fails to efficiently control the growth or kill bacteria causing infection. A bacteria resistant to antibiotics continues to multiply in the presence of antibiotics, which would normally kill them. As resistance develops, these antibiotic medicines become gradually less effective – and eventually, they lose their effectiveness entirely. Antibiotic resistance is a consequence of the excessive use of antibiotics and misuse even when not required.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed