Tamsulin D Capsule
Tamsulin D Capsule Description
Tamsulin D Capsule is used in men for the treatment of benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH), a condition of the enlarged prostate gland in men. It is a combination of two medicines- tamsulosin and dutas
teride. Tamsulin D Capsule helps in easing the symptoms of BPH like difficulty in passing urine, frequent urination, increased frequency of urination at night or inability to empty bladder. This medicine is not meant to be used for the treatment of prostate cancer.
|Contains||Dutasteride(0.5 Mg) + Tamsulosin(0.4 Mg)|
|Uses||Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia|
|Side effects||Low sexual drive, ejaculation problem, impotence, breast enlargement|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR BENIGN PROSTATIC HYPERPLASIA|
- Tamgress D Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 217.00₹ 184.4548% CHEAPER₹ 18.45/Capsule
Uses of Tamsulin D Capsule
Contraindications of Tamsulin D Capsule
- If you are allergic to tamsulosin, dutasteride or any of the ingredient of Tamsulin D Capsule.
- If you have a liver disorder or liver function problem.
- If you experience giddiness or fall when you gradually get up from sitting position.
- Tamsulin D Capsule should not be used in women, children and adolescents
Side effects of Tamsulin D Capsule
- Low sexual drive
- Ejaculation problem
- Breast enlargement
- Tenderness in breast
Precautions and Warnings of Tamsulin D Capsule
- This medicine is not meant for women. It is advised that a couple should not plan for a baby if the male partner is being treated with this medicine.
- Pregnant women should not come in contact with a person who is being treated with this medicine or to this medicine by any means as it may affect the male fetus if it gets absorbed by the skin.
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of heart disease, chest pain and breathlessness
- You feel giddiness, fainting or fall when you gradually get up
- You have a history of liver or kidney problem
- You have planned a cataract surgery, you may be asked to stop taking this medicine 2 weeks before the surgery
- You may experience breast enlargement, tenderness or nipple discharge, immediately inform your doctor
- You come in contact with any part of this medicine, wash the area of contact immediately with water and soap
- This medicine may affect semen quality and sperm count. This medicine can also affect fertility in men
- You must use a physical contraceptive barrier like condom and make sure your partner doesn't conceive when you are on this medicine
Mode of Action of Tamsulin D Capsule
How Does It Work?
- Tamsulosin helps in relaxing the prostate and bladder muscles whereas Dutasteride interferes with the formation of the hormone responsible for enlarged prostate gland
- This combination has complementary mechanisms of action which improves the symptoms like the urinary flow and urinary retention related discomfort and also the need for surgery to remove the enlarged prostate gland...
Directions for Use of Tamsulin D Capsule
- Tamsulin D Capsule should be taken as instructed by your doctor.
- It should be swallowed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water after the meal.
Interactions of Tamsulin D Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Tamsulin D Capsule works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines for blood pressure, antifungal medicines and medicines for HIV infection
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Tamsulin D Capsule
- Store below 30°C in the original container. Keep it out of reach of children.
- This medicine is absorbed through the skin if anyone comes in contact with this medicine by mistake, the contact area should be washed immediately with soap and water.