Tamfil S Capsule
By FOURRTS INDIA LABORATORIES PVT LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tamfil S Capsule contains two components known as Tamsulosin and Deflazacort. It is used in the treatment of kidney stone to improves the symptoms like pain, swelling and inflammation. Do not take this medicine if you are having, allergy, liver problem, dizziness on changing position or any infection. Tell your doctor about any other medicine you are taking along with it. Do not stop this medicine without doctors advice.
Uses of Tamfil S Capsule
This medicine is used in the treatment of kidney stone. It improves the symptoms related to kidney stones like pain, swelling and inflammation.
Contraindications of Tamfil S Capsule
If you are allergic to any of the ingredient of this medicine, If you have any liver problem, If you feel dizzy when you want to sit up or stand up from lying position. If you have any infection in the body If you have recently taken any vaccine
Side effects of Tamfil S Capsule
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Issues related to ejaculation if males
- Breast tenderness and Breast enlargement in females
Precautions and Warnings of Tamfil S Capsule
Can I takeTamfil S Capsule during pregnancy?
One of the components of this medicine is a steroid and this may cause disorder in the developing baby. Hence it is recommended to avoid this medication during pregnancy.
Can I take Tamfil S Capsule while breastfeeding?
The components of this medicine pass into milk and my cause harmful effects to the newborn baby. Hence it is advised to avoid this medicine while breasfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Tamfil S Capsule?
This medicine may cause dizziness, thus do not drive or operate heavy machinery if you are on treatment with this medicine
Can I consume alcohol with Tamfil S Capsule?
Chances of drowsiness increases if you take this medicine with alcohol. Hence it is recommended to avoid alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a severe liver condition or kidney problem or heart problems
- You or any other family have a history of mental illness
- You have brittle or weak bones (osteoporosis)
- You have eye problem which can cause detachment of retina and bulging of eyes
- You have glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye)
- You have any problem of thyroid gland
- You have digestive system problems like inflammation of food pipe, any ulcers or inflammation of intestine
- You have a history of bad reactions like muscle weakness with steroid
- You have any viral or fungal infection
- You have a history of tuberculosis
- You have any problems related to blood vessels and clotting
- You have tumors of adrenal gland
- You experience any symptom of mental illness or suicidal thoughts or fits.
- You or anyone in the family having diabetes, high blood pressure
- You have ever fainted or felt dizzy when suddenly sitting or standing up.
- You are undergoing or have been scheduled for eye surgery.
- Use of Tamsulosin may increase the risk of eye complications during and after the cataract and glaucoma surgery
- Chances of infections increases if you are taking this medicine
- If you get chickenpox, measles or shingles infection during this treatment, u can become seriously ill. Your doctor may advise frequent follow up visits to monitor the condition during the course of treatmentread less
- Children or adolescents below 18 years of age should not use this medicine
Mode of Action of Tamfil S Capsule
How Does It Work?
Tamsulosin decreases the tension in muscles of prostate and urethra (which carries urine) so that easier flow of urine is facilitated. Deflazacort is steroid group of medicine, it blocks certain chemicals in the body, which are responsible for inflammation. Thus, it reduces symptoms related to inflammation like pain and swelling associated with kidney stone.
Directions for Use of Tamfil S Capsule
- Take medicine as a whole with sufficient amount of water.
- Do not break or chew the medicine.
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you.
- If you are taking it once day, then always take this medicine at same time like early morning before breakfast. Even after improvement of symptoms continue taking this medicine for period your doctor has prescribed to control the symptoms and as preventive measures.read less
Interactions of Tamfil S Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of medicines which decreases the blood pressure and Tamfil S Capsule may produce decrease in blood pressure, dizziness or light headedness.
- Concomitant use of medicines like ketoconazole (used for fungal infection), erythromycin(antibiotic), cimetidine (used for acidity), ritonavir, indinavir (used for HIV infection) may interfere with the effect of this medicine.read less
- Warfarin (used to prevent blood clotting) can speed up the removal of tamsulosin, one of the components of this medicineand thus may decreases effectiveness of this medicine when used together.
- Use of medicines such as Aminoglutethimide (used in some cancer treatment), Rifampicin, Rifabutin (used for tuberculosis), Phenobarbitone, Primidone, Phenytoin, Carbamazepine (used for treatment of epilepsy), Spironolactone, triamterene, Amiloride (water tablets, used for high blood pressure and heart problems) together with Tamfil S Capsule can interfere with the effect of Tamfil S Capsuleread less
- The effect of medicines for diabetes, medicine for high blood pressure, Oral contraceptive medicines, Medicine for heartburn and acidity, salbutamol, Theophylline (used for asthma) is reducued when used with Tamfil S Capsuleread less
- Tell your doctor about any of the other medicine you are taking which includes medicine without prescription and herbal medicines as well, as these medicines may alter the effectiveness of Tamfil S Capsuleor increase the chances of side effects.read less
Interactions with food items
This medicine must be taken after breakfast or first meal of the day
Storage and disposal of Tamfil S Capsule
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Store below 30°C in the original package.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Tamfil S Capsule
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. Overdose of this medicine may cause severe low blood pressure dizziness and weakness.
Missed a Dose
If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. Do not stop taking this medicine without doctor’s advice, as this may result in flare up of symptoms. If you stop this medicine suddenly it can produce symptoms like high temperature, a runny nose, sore, red, sticky, eyes, aching muscles and joints, itchy skin, weight loss, vomiting, headaches and drowsiness
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How Tamfil S Capsule works?
A: Tamsulosin reduces the tension in muscles of a gland known as prostate gland and urethra (which carries urine) so that easier flow of urine is facilitated. Deflazacort is corticosteroid group of medicine, it blocks certain chemical substances in the body, which are responsible for inflammation. Thus, it reduces symptoms related to inflammation like pain and swelling associated with kidney stone.
Q: What is the use of Tamfil S Capsule?
A: This medicine is used in the treatment of kidney stone. It improves the symptoms related to kidney stones like pain, swelling and inflammation.
Q: How long should Tamfil S Capsule need to be taken?
A: Tamfil S Capsule to be taken as per your doctor advice and should not be stopped without the consultation.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 25 Mar 2021 | 09:27 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved