Tacroz Forte 0.1% Oint 20gm
Tacroz Forte 0.1 % Description
Tacroz Forte ointment is used for the treatment of eczema. Eczema is a condition that makes your skin red, dry, and itchy. Tacroz Forte ointment contains tacrolimus as the active ingredient. This oin
ment is meant for external applications only. It should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. Avoid using this medicine to treat other skin conditions than prescribed. Do not use more of this ointment or apply it more often than recommended. Tacroz Forte ointment is not recommended for use in children below 16 years of age.
Uses of Tacroz Forte 0.1 %
Contraindications of Tacroz Forte 0.1 %
Side effects of Tacroz Forte 0.1 %
- Burning/tingling sensation,
Precautions and Warnings of Tacroz Forte 0.1 %
Other General Warnings
- You have liver disease.
- You have skin tumours, hereditary skin disease, or inflammation/redness/scaling of the entire skin.
- You have a weak immune system.
- You have a condition called cutaneous Graft Versus Host Disease after undergoing a bone marrow transplant.
- You have swollen lymph nodes.
- You have infected lesions on the skin.
- You experience an allergic reaction after using Tacroz Forte ointment.
- You are also applying other topical medicines like cream, ointment, lotion.
- You are going to be exposed to the sun or artificial sunlight (tanning beds) for long periods.
Mode of Action of Tacroz Forte 0.1 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Tacroz Forte 0.1 %
- Tacroz Forte ointment is meant for external use only.
- It should be used as recommended by your doctor.
- Clean and dry your hands before and after applying the medicine.
- Apply it on the affected skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Do not cover the affected area of the skin with bandages, wraps, or other wound dressing.
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly to the infected area of the skin.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Tacroz Forte 0.1 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Tacroz Forte ointment is applied externally on the skin, thus it is less likely to interact with other medicines.
- However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.
- Tacroz Forte ointment should be used with caution along with medicines for treating bacterial infections (erythromycin), fungal infections (itraconazole, ketoconazole), and heart-related chest pain (diltiazem)....
- Do not use moisturising creams and lotions within 2 hours of applying Tacroz Forte ointment.
Storage and disposal of Tacroz Forte 0.1 %
- Store Tacroz Forte ointment in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep away from children and pets.
Dosage of Tacroz Forte 0.1 %
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Tacroz ointment?
Q: Can I use Tacroz Forte ointment on the face?
Q: What should I do if my eyes come in contact with Tacroz Forte ointment?
Q: For how long to use Tacroz Forte ointment?
Q: Can Tacroz ointment be used for the long term?
Q: Is Tacroz ointment a steroid?
Q: When should I use Tacroz ointment?
- Tacrolimus 0.1 % ointment- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 2022 Apr 04]
- Tacrolimus 0.1 % ointment- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 2022 Apr 04]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 Apr 04]