Swimox Dt 125mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By IND SWIFT LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Swimox Dt Tablet is an antibiotic medicine for children. It is used to treat various bacterial infections such as infection of the lungs, airways, tonsils and throat, skin and urinary tract infections. It contains amoxicillin as an active ingredient. It works by stopping the growth and multiplication of bacteria. Before giving this medicine to your children inform your doctor if your child is allergic to antibiotics or has experienced any allergic reactions after taking antibiotics. Give this medicine as prescribed and for the prescribed duration to your child. Do not give this medicine to your child for a viral infection such as cold and flu. Always complete the course of antibiotic medicine for your child, not completing the course of antibiotics or missing any dose of antibiotics can fail the therapy....
|You Save||₹3.26 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(125.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, rashes|
Check more medicines with composition as Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(125.0 Mg)
1 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Swimox Dt 125mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Uses of Swimox Dt 125 MG
Swimox Dt Tablet is used to treat bacterial infections of the airway, lungs, skin, tonsils, throat and urinary tract.
Contraindications of Swimox Dt 125 MG
- If your child is allergic to amoxicillin or any other components of this Swimox Dt Tablet.
- If your child has a history of any allergic reactions to penicillins or cephalosporins. If you are not sure which are these medicines ask your doctor.
Side effects of Swimox Dt 125 MG
- Skin rash
- Skin itching
Precautions and Warnings of Swimox Dt 125 MG
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your child experiences any allergic symptoms after taking this medicine.
- Your child has kidney disease as dose adjustments are required. Individuals with kidney problems may experience fits or seizures.
- Your child has difficulty in passing urine or are unable to urinate.
- Your child has a glandular fever, you may experience symptoms like fever, extreme tiredness, sore throat and swollen glands.
- Your child is suffering from watery or bloody diarrhoea, fever, even if this occurs days after stopping this medicine, immediately consult a doctor.
Mode of Action of Swimox Dt 125 MG
How Does It Work?
Swimox Dt Tablet works by blocking the action of an enzyme responsible for cell wall formation in bacteria, thereby stopping the growth and multiplication of bacteria responsible for the infection.
Directions for Use of Swimox Dt 125 MG
- Swimox Dt Tablet should be given to a child as directed by the doctor under an adult's supervision.
Interactions of Swimox Dt 125 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Swimox Dt Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if your child is taking other anti-infective medicines, it may also interfere with certain clinical tests.
Storage and disposal of Swimox Dt 125 MG
- Store it below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Swimox Dt 125 MG
The symptoms of an overdose of the Swimox Dt Tablet includes nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
You should never miss giving a dose of antibiotics to your children as it may lead to treatment failure and relapse of the infection. If you have missed any dose of the Swimox Dt Tablet, then give this to your child as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with a regular dosing schedule....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with the healthcare expert before starting the Swimox Dt Tablet?
A: Inform the doctor about your child's detailed medical & surgical history. Inform your doctor if your child has liver or kidney disease.
Q: What is the use of the Swimox Dt Tablet?
A: Swimox Dt Tablet is used to treat a wide range of bacterial infections such as infection of ear, nose or sinuses, infection of the urinary system (such as bladder and kidney), chest, lungs and throat.
Q: Can I give the Swimox Dt Tablet to my child for stomach infection?
A: No, Swimox Dt Tablet should only be used for the condition it is prescribed for. Do not give any medicine to your child without consulting a child's specialist.
Q: Can I stop giving the Swimox Dt Tablet to my child if he/she feels better?
A: Do not stop giving the Swimox Dt Tablet without completing the full course. Though your child may be feeling better after a few doses, it is essential to finish the course. Stopping the medication and not completing a course of any antibiotic can lead to relapse or return of the infection.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After