Starpress Xl 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Starpress XL 50 mg tablet is used to treat high blood pressure and various other heart-related conditions such as angina (chest pain), heart failure, thus reducing further complications. It contains metoprolol as an active ingredient. Metoprolol in the Starpress XL 50 mg tablet lowers the raised blood pressure and also has its action specific to the heart muscles. It acts by relaxing the blood vessels thereby reducing the load on the heart and decreasing the blood pressure. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Do not abruptly stop taking this medicine. Uncontrolled high blood pressure may further cause harm to the health of an individual by increasing the risk of damage to various organs such as the eye, brain, heart, kidney, etc. Before using the Starpress XL 50 mg tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Starpress Xl 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Starpress XL 50 mg Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure, chest pain (angina pectoris), irregular heart rhythm.
- It also helps prevent other conditions such as stroke, heart attack and migraine.
Contraindications of Starpress Xl 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to metoprolol or any other ingredient of the Starpress XL 50 mg tablet.
- If you are suffering from a heart conduction problem (like AV block) or uncontrolled heart failure.
- If you are suffering from sick sinus syndrome (abnormal heart rhythms due to malfunction of sinus node).
- If you have continuous chest pain that occurs when you are at rest, between midnight and early morning (Prinzmetal's angina).
- If you have reduced blood supply to your limbs (peripheral arterial disease).
- If you have severe asthma or a lung disease known as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
- If you are suffering from untreated high blood pressure due to a tumour in the adrenal gland (pheochromocytoma).
- If you have a condition called metabolic acidosis (increased acidity in your body).
- If you are using medicines to treat irregular heart rhythms like disopyramide.
- If you have diabetes associated with frequent low blood sugar levels (hypoglycaemia).
- If you are suffering from low blood pressure (hypotension).
Side effects of Starpress Xl 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- A sudden drop in blood pressure when you stand from a seated or lying down position (orthostatic hypotension)
Precautions and Warnings of Starpress Xl 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take the Starpress XL 50 mg tablet during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using the Starpress XL 50 mg tablet as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take the Starpress XL 50 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Metoprolol passes into the breastmilk in small amounts, you should consult your doctor before using the Starpress XL 50 mg tablet while breastfeeding
Can I drive if I have consumed the Starpress XL 50 mg tablet?
Starpress XL 50 mg tablet can make you feel dizzy or sleepy. So, be cautious while driving after taking this medicine
Can I consume alcohol with the Starpress XL 50 mg tablet?
Alcohol might increase sleepiness or cause a drop in your blood pressure. Therefore, avoid drinking alcohol while taking the Starpress XL 50 mg tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding.
- You have asthma.
- You have diabetes, caution is required.
- You have a tumour of adrenal gland tissue (pheochromocytoma).
- You have an overactive thyroid (a condition when the thyroid gland produces too much of the thyroxine hormone).
- You are suffering from psoriasis.
- You have a circulation related problem in the toes, arms, legs or fingers.
- You are suffering from a type of chest pain (Prinzmetal’s angina).
- You recently had a heart attack, chest pain or heart surgery.
Mode of Action of Starpress Xl 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Starpress XL 50 mg tablet works by slowing the heart rate and relaxing blood vessels. Thus, reducing high blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Starpress Xl 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Starpress XL 50 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, without food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.Read less
Interactions of Starpress Xl 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- The effect of medications used to treat diabetes such as insulin may be increased with the Starpress XL 50 mg tablet.
- Medicine used to treat heart failure like digoxin may alter the effect.
- Medicine used to treat heart conditions such as verapamil, diltiazem, nifedipine can cause decreased heart rate, low blood pressure when used along with this medicine.
- Painkiller medicines like diclofenac, indomethacin may decrease the effectiveness of the Starpress XL 50 mg tablet.
- Rifampicin (anti-tubercular) may decrease the effectiveness of the Starpress XL 50 mg tablet, whereas paroxetine, fluoxetine, sertraline (mood elevator), cimetidine (acid-lowering), hydralazine (anti-allergic), lidocaine (anaesthetic) may increase the effect of this medicine.Read less
- Concurrent use of hormonal pills such as oestrogen decreases the anti-hypertensive action of this medicine.
- Concurrent use of certain medicines such as aldesleukin (skin cancer), alprostadil (erectile dysfunction), clonazepam, diazepine (mood and sleep) increases the effect of the Starpress XL 50 mg tablet.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Starpress Xl 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store the Starpress XL 50 mg tablet in original packing to protect it from light and heat.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Starpress Xl 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Symptoms of an overdose include nausea, vomiting, low blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, heart failure, shock, loss of consciousness, coma, bluish colour of the lips, tongue and skin, low levels of potassium or calcium in the blood. If you think you have taken too much of the Starpress XL 50 mg tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of the Starpress XL 50 mg tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the consequences if I stop the Starpress XL 50 mg tablet on my own?
A: If you stop taking the Starpress XL 50 mg tablet suddenly, you can suffer from chest pain, irregular heartbeat or heart attack. Your doctor might tell you to decrease the dose gradually. Don’t suddenly stop taking metoprolol, a beta-blocker medicine without talking to your doctor.
Q: What special precautions should I follow?
A: If you experience any symptoms of dizziness, fainting, vision problems, slowing of heart rate, etc. then immediately report to your doctor. The doctor will then adjust your dose depending on your blood pressure, heart rate, level of the medicine in your serum and other such relevant factors.
Q: What should be discussed with my healthcare provider before I start treatment with the Starpress XL 50 mg tablet?
A: You should give an account of your past or present diseases like liver, kidney or heart-related disorders, diabetes mellitus and thyroid disorders if any. You must inform your doctor about your ongoing prescription and non-prescription medicines, nutritional supplements, vitamins, herbal medicines, etc. Women should share information about pregnancy, use of oral birth control pills and other vital information like history of pregnancy-induced high blood pressure if any.
Q: Is the Starpress Xl 50mg Tablet a blood thinner?
A: No, the Starpress Xl 50 mg Tablet does not belong to a class of blood thinners but is a beta-blocker that is used to control high blood pressure.
- Metoprolol tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 July 2021]
- Metoprolol tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 July 2021]
- AG-METOPROLOL-L [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 6 July 2021]
- CDSCO - Metoprolol [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 6 July 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 21 Jul 2021 | 02:41 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved