Revelol Xl 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Revelol Xl 50 MG Description
Revelol XL 50 tablet is an anti-hypertensive medicine containing metoprolol as its active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of high blood pressure and various other heart-related conditions su
ch as angina (chest pain), heart failure and also helps prevent further complications. Metoprolol has action specific to the heart muscles. It relaxes the blood vessels, thereby reducing the load on the heart and resulting in decreased blood pressure. Revelol XL 50 tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It should be taken at a fixed time every day to gain optimal therapeutic benefits. You should not abruptly stop taking this medicine, as it can lead to hypertensive crisis and even heart failure. This medicine should not be used by children below 18 years of age. Side effects of Revelol XL 50 tablet are dizziness, headache and difficulty in breathing but not everybody gets them. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel the side effects persist, you should consult your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Revelol XL 50 tablet.
|You Save||₹13.13 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||High blood pressure, angina (chest pain), prevent heart attack and migraine|
|Side effects||Dizziness, headache, low blood pressure|
Uses of Revelol Xl 50 MG
- Revelol XL 50 tablet is used to treat high blood pressure mainly, along with certain heart conditions such as angina (chest pain) and heart failure.
- Decreased blood pressure helps prevent other conditions like stroke, heart attack and migraine.
Contraindications of Revelol Xl 50 MG
- If you are allergic to metoprolol or any other ingredient of Revelol XL 50 Tablet.
- If you have any heart conditions such as heart block or uncontrolled heart failure.
- If you have asthma or any other lung condition.
- If you have low blood pressure, diabetes.
- If you have kidney or liver disease.
- If you have an electrolyte imbalance, acid-base imbalance.
- If you are already on certain medications like verapamil, diltiazem, disopyramide etc.
Side effects of Revelol Xl 50 MG
- Stomach pain
- Sudden drop in blood pressure when you stand from a seated or lying down position (orthostatic hypotension)
Precautions and Warnings of Revelol Xl 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience an allergic reaction.
- You had any side effect after taking Revelol XL 50 Tablet.
- You have any medical conditions such as diabetes, a heart condition, liver or kidney disease.
- You have respiratory conditions like asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Revelol XL 50 tablet should not be used by children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Revelol Xl 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Revelol Xl 50 MG
Interactions of Revelol Xl 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Revelol XL 50 mg if taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, which includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatments if you are taking for any disorder....
- In particular, if you are on certain medications like painkillers, anti-tuberculosis medicines, anti-allergic medicines, medicines for erectile dysfunction, heart diseases like digoxin, medicines used to treat skin cancer, medicines used for brain-related disorders or to induce calmness, etc....
- The effect of the medicine used to treat diabetes such as insulin may be increased with Revelol XL 50 Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Revelol Xl 50 MG
- Store Revelol XL 50 tablet at room temperature. Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Revelol Xl 50 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What if I stop Revelol XL 50 tablet on my own?
Q: What should my physician be aware of before prescribing Revelol XL 50 tablet for me?
Q: Is Revelol XL 50 tablet a beta-blocker?
Q: Is Revelol XL 50 a blood thinner?
Q: Is Metoprolol and Revelol XL the same?
- Metoprolol 50 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 2 February 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 2 February 2022]
- METOPROLOL SUCCINATE- metoprolol succinate er tablets tablet, film coated, extended release [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 2 February 2022]
- Lactmed - Metoprolol [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 2 February 2022]
- Metoprolol 50 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 2 February 2022]
Other Products from this Brand
- REVELOL AM 50/5MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- REVELOL XL 25MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- REVELOL XL 12.5MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- REVELOL XL 100MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- REVELOL CH 50/6.25MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- REVELOL SA 25MG TABLET
- REVELOL AM 25/2.5MG TABLET 15'S
- REVELOL AM 25/2.5MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- REVELOL AM 25/5MG TABLET