Prolomet Xl 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Prolomet XL 50 contains Metoprolol, an "Anti-hypertensive" medicine; mainly used to treat high blood pressure and various other heart-related conditions such as angina (chest pain), heart failure, and also reduces the risk of further complications. It is an extended-release medicine, specially designed for its prolonged duration of action. It has action specific to the heart muscles by relaxing the blood vessels. You should not abruptly stop taking this medicine as it can lead to hypertensive crisis and heart failure. This medicine should not be used in children below 18 years of age. Sometimes you may feel dizziness, headache and difficulty in breathing. If these symptoms worsen or do not resolve reach out to the doctor immediately.
Uses of Prolomet Xl 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Prolomet XL 50 Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure mainly, along with certain heart conditions such as angina (chest pain), and heart failure.
- Decreased blood pressure helps prevent other conditions like kidney problems, stroke, heart attack and migraine.
Contraindications of Prolomet Xl 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Metoprolol or any other ingredient of Prolomet XL 50 Tablet
- If you have any heart condition such as heart block, uncontrolled heart failure
- If you have asthma or any lung condition
- If you have low blood pressure, diabetes
- If you have renal or liver disease
- If you have electrolyte imbalance, acid-base imbalance
- If you have decreased heart rate
- If you are on medication like verapamil, diltiazem, disopyramide (heart medicine)
Side effects of Prolomet Xl 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Decreased heart rate
- Difficulty in breathing
- Sudden drop in blood pressure when you stand from a seated or lying down position (orthostatic hypotension)
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Prolomet Xl 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Prolomet XL 50 Tablet during pregnancy?
The use of Prolomet XL 50 Tablet is not recommended during pregnancy unless prescribed by your doctor. Inform your doctor about the pregnancy and also if you think you may be pregnant.
Can I take Prolomet XL 50 Tablet while breastfeeding?
Prolomet XL 50 Tablet passes into the breast milk and may cause harm to the breastfeeding infant. You should not take this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Prolomet XL 50 Tablet?
Prolomet XL 50 Tablet can make you feel dizzy or sleepy. So, be cautious while driving after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Prolomet XL 50 Tablet?
Alcohol might increase sleepiness or cause a drop in your blood pressure. Therefore, avoid drinking alcohol while taking Prolomet XL 50 Tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any allergic reaction.
- You had any side effect after taking Prolomet XL 50 Tablet.
- You have any medical conditions such as diabetes, heart condition, liver or kidney disease.
- You have respiratory conditions like asthma, obstructive lungs disease (COPD).
- Prolomet XL 50 Tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Prolomet Xl 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Prolomet XL 50 Tablet works by relaxing the blood vessels, thus slowing down the heart rate. By doing this, it reduces the workload on the heart of pumping the blood effectively.
Directions for Use of Prolomet Xl 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Prolomet XL 50 Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Prolomet Xl 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- The effect of medications used to treat diabetes such as insulin may be increased with Prolomet XL 50 Tablet.
- Medicine used to treat heart failure like digoxin may alter the effect.
- Medicine used to treat heart conditions such as verapamil, diltiazem, nifedipine can cause decreased heart rate, low blood pressure when used along with this medicine.
- Pain-killer medicines like diclofenac, indomethacin may decrease the effect of Prolomet XL 50 Tablet.
- Rifampicin (anti-tubercular) may decrease the effect of Prolomet XL 50 Tablet, whereas paroxetine, fluoxetine, sertraline (mood elevator), cimetidine (acid-lowering), hydralazine (anti-allergic), lidocaine (anaesthetic) may increase the effect of this medicine.read less
- Concurrent use of hormonal pills such as oestrogen, decreases the anti-hypertensive action of this medicine.
- Concurrent use of certain medicines such as aldesleukin (skin cancer), alprostadil (erectile dysfunction), clonazepam, diazepine (mood and sleep) increases the effect of Prolomet XL 50 Tablet.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Prolomet Xl 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store below 50°C. Protect from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Prolomet Xl 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Excess of Prolomet XL 50 Tablet may cause decreased heart rate, low blood pressure, nausea, vomiting, heart failure, decreases blood sugar and oxygen levels, altered electrolyte levels and coma. If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
Take a dose as soon as you remember you have missed a dose. However, if you are close to the next dose, do not take the missed dose. Try to follow the Prolomet XL 50 Tablet dosage regimen regularly. Do not take extra doses of the medicine to make up for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take the tablet with milk?
A: You may take Prolomet XL 50 Tablet with milk. However, inform your doctor about it. Avoid taking the tablet with orange, grapefruit or apple juice.
Q: I was diagnosed with malaria last month. Can I take Prolomet XL 50 Tablet prescription?
A: Malaria medications like hydroxychloroquine might interact with the activity of Prolomet XL 50 Tablet. Inform your doctor if you are still taking malaria medications before taking Prolomet XL 50 Tablet.
Q: Is it okay to take pain-killers while taking Prolomet XL 50 Tablet?
A: Certain pain-killers might interact with Prolomet XL 50 Tablet. Ask your doctor for the right pain-killer you can use while taking Prolomet XL 50 Tablet.
Q: Is it safe for my child to take Prolomet XL 50 Tablet?
A: No, Prolomet XL 50 Tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions to follow while taking Prolomet XL 50 Tablet?
A: There are no dietary restrictions to follow while taking Prolomet XL 50 Tablet.
Q: How to stop Prolomet XL 50 Tablet?
A: You should never stop taking Prolomet XL 50 Tablet. Sudden stopping of this medicine can be fatal and life-threatening. It can cause palpitations, irregular heartbeat, heart failure known as hypertensive crisis. In case you experience any side effects consult your doctor, he might suggest alternatives suitable to you.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 09 Mar 2021 | 06:50 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved