Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets contains a combination of two medicines, namely Amlodipine and Atenolol. This medicine is used for the treatment of high blood pressure and angina pectoris, a condition characterised by chest pain, tightness and squeezing in chest radiating towards shoulders, arms and neck. It works by lowering the blood pressure, heart rate and contractility of heart muscles. Patients with kidney and liver function problem and elderly should be very cautious while taking this medicine. This medicine should be used under medical prescription, and for the duration, it is prescribed.
Uses of Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets is used to treat high blood pressure and also heart-related disorder such as chest pain (Angina pectoris).
Contraindications of Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to this Amlodipine, Atenolol or any of the ingredient of Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets.
- If you have low blood pressure and slow heart rate problem.
- If you have experienced shock due to heart attack.
- If you have a blood circulation problem due to which affects the blood supply to different body parts.
- If you have any heart disorder like heart failure problem, irregular heartbeat and heart blockage.
- If you have a hormone-secreting tumour in the adrenal gland (Pheochromocytoma).
- If you are suffering from metabolic acidosis, a condition when the body produces excess acid.
Side effects of Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Ankle swelling
- Hot flushes
- Fluid retention
- Pounding heartbeat
Precautions and Warnings of Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets during pregnancy?
Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant or planning pregnancy, as it can harm the unborn baby. If you get pregnant while taking this medicine, inform your doctor. Your doctor will suggest a safer alternative therapy.
Can I take Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets while breastfeeding?
It is not advised to breastfeed during the treatment with this medicine as it can harm the newborn baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets?
You should be cautious while driving if you are taking this medicine, especially at the beginning of treatment. You may feel dizzy and sleepy after taking this medicine. Therefore, it would be better to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets?
Avoid consuming alcohol when you are taking this medicine as it is known to cause low blood pressure when taken with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a liver problem or kidney problem
- You experience that your heart condition is getting worse
- You are suffering from high or low blood sugar level
- You are suffering from respiratory tract infections like asthma or obstruction of airways
- You have a planned surgery or operation
- You develop a thyroid disorder during treatment with Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- You are above 60 years
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
Mode of Action of Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets works by the combined action of Atenolol & Amlodipine.
- Atenolol works by blocking the certain natural chemicals in your body, like epinephrine, to the heart and blood vessels which ultimately helps in lowering heart rate, blood pressure and strain on the heart.read less
- Amlodipine works by relaxing and widening the blood vessels, thereby facilitating blood circulation and lowering blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not break, cut or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for better blood pressure control and do not consume it more than the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets is a combination of two medicines, and there is no sufficient information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. Any interaction which is seen with Amlodipine or Telmisartan can happen with this combination.read less
- You may experience an excess drop in blood pressure if you are taking any other blood pressure-lowering medicine, antifungal medicines and antibiotics with this medicine.
- Medicines used to modify the immune response such as Cyclosporin and Tacrolimus when taken along with this medicine, may give you side effects of former medicine, inform your doctor in such cases.
- Medicines that are used for irregular heartbeats like Amiodarone and Disopyramide if taken along with this medicine can lead to a drop in blood pressure and slow heartbeat. Simultaneous use should be avoided.read less
- Medicine that is used as muscle relaxant called Dantrolene, if taken along, can lead to serious heart-related problems.
- Other medicines like lithium used for psychiatric disorders, painkillers like Ibuprofen, Celecoxib and medicine used to maintain cholesterol levels like Simvastatin and digoxin used for heart failure should be used cautiously.read less
Interactions with food items
Grapefruit, apple & orange juice should be avoided for at least for 4 hours after taking this medicine as it can affect the absorption of Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets.
Storage and disposal of Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Store Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines. Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Symptoms of overdose of Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets tablet include laziness, a respiratory disorder like wheezing sound, sick sinus, slow heartbeat, low blood pressure, constriction of airways and low blood sugar level.read less
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. Overdose of this medicine can sometimes lead to heart failure.
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose if you have missed a dose; take the next dose as soon as you remember. It would be best if you never miss a dose of blood pressure medicine as it can lead to serious side effects like sudden fall in blood pressure and associated symptoms such as fainting, lightheadedness, dizziness, dehydration etc.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets?
A: Do not stop taking this medicine until and unless your doctor advises you. If you stop taking this medicine, it can lead to a sudden increase in your blood pressure, which can be very dangerous. The doctor will gradually decrease the dose as per the need.
Q: What precautions should I follow to control my high blood pressure?
- Consult a doctor and follow his prescription
- Restrict salt intake in your diet
- Follow a low carb, low-fat diet
- Do regular exercise for 30- 40 minutes every day
- Maintain a healthy weight
Q: What are the side effects of Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets?
A: Medicines along with the desired effect, sometimes give side effects also, however not everyone gets them. The most common side effects of this medicine are sleepiness, dizziness, headache, stomach pain, nausea, swelling in ankle and fatigue.
Q: How much time does it take for Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets to start working?
A: It takes approximately 1 hour for this medicine to start showing its blood pressure lowering effects. However, this can vary among individual depending on their physiology and metabolism.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 07:43 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved