Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets Description
Stamlo Beta tablet is a blood pressure reducing medicine. It is used for the treatment of high blood pressure. Stamlo Beta tablet is also used to treat angina pectoris, a condition characterized by c
est pain, tightness and squeezing in the chest radiating towards the shoulders, arms and neck. It contains a combination of amlodipine and atenolol as active substances. This medicine works by lowering the blood pressure, heart rate and contractility of heart muscles. Patients with kidney and liver function problems and the elderly should be very cautious while taking this medicine. This medicine should be used in the exact dose and duration as prescribed. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Before starting the treatment with Stamlo Beta tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Contraindications of Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to this amlodipine, atenolol or any of the ingredients of Stamlo Beta tablet.
- If you have low blood pressure.
- If you have any kind of heart-related diseases.
- If you have a blood circulation problem due to which affects the blood supply to different body parts.
- If you have a hormone-secreting tumour in the adrenal gland (Pheochromocytoma).
- If you are suffering from metabolic acidosis, a condition when the body produces excess acid.
Side effects of Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Ankle swelling
Precautions and Warnings of Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have a liver problem or kidney problems.
- You experience that your heart condition is getting worse.
- You are suffering from high or low blood sugar level.
- You are suffering from respiratory tract infections like asthma or obstruction of the airways.
- You have a planned surgery or operation.
- You develop a thyroid disorder during treatment with Stamlo Beta tablet.
- You are above 60 years.
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Mode of Action of Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Stamlo Beta tablet works by the combined action of Atenolol & Amlodipine.
- Atenolol works by blocking the certain natural chemicals in your body, like epinephrine, to the heart and blood vessels which ultimately helps in lowering heart rate, blood pressure and strain on the heart....
- Amlodipine works by relaxing and widening the blood vessels, thereby facilitating blood circulation and lowering blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Stamlo Beta tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not break, cut or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for better blood pressure control and do not consume it more than the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Stamlo Beta tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals that you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- In particular, if you are taking medicines like immunosuppressants (such as cyclosporine), medicines for heart and brain-related disorders, muscle relaxants, cholesterol-lowering medicines, etc.
- You may experience an excess drop in blood pressure if you are taking any other blood pressure-lowering medicines, antifungal medicines and antibiotics with this medicine.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store Stamlo Beta tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Stamlo Beta 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take Stamlo Beta tablet?
Q: What precautions should I follow to control my high blood pressure?
- Consult a doctor and follow his prescription.
- Restrict salt intake in your diet.
- Follow a low-carb, low-fat diet.
- Do regular exercise for 30- 40 minutes every day.
- Maintain a healthy weight.