Soset Injection Description
Soset Injection is used to prevent nausea and vomiting induced by cancer chemotherapy and radiation therapy. It contains ondansetron as an active ingredient. Soset works by blocking the action of a n
tural chemical called serotonin which may cause nausea or vomiting. Before taking this Soset Injection you should inform your doctor about any known allergy to similar medicines.
Uses of Soset Injection
Contraindications of Soset Injection
- If you are allergic to ondansetron or any of the other ingredients of Soset Injection.
- If you are taking apomorphine used in people with advanced Parkinson's disease.
Side effects of Soset Injection
- Sensation of warmth
Precautions and Warnings of Soset Injection
Other General Warnings
- You have stomach problems like blockage in your stomach.
- You had or have heart problems like heart failure, irregular heartbeats or abnormal heart rhythm.
- You have any liver problems.
- You have a condition of salt imbalance in your blood.
- Children that receive Ondansetron with medicines that are harmful to liver should regularly go for check-up for liver problems.
Mode of Action of Soset Injection
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Soset Injection
- Soset Injection will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an Injection. Do not self-inject.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Soset Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- Soset Injection may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Be cautious if you are taking medications like amiodarone for uneven heartbeats or diseases.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you take medicines like doxorubicin, trastuzumab, atenolol or timolol & halofantrine, antibiotic like erythromycin, antifungal like ketoconazole.
- You may experience low blood pressure and unconsciousness if you take this medicine along with Apomorphine, hence both these medicines should not be used together.
- Medicines used to relieve pain like Tramadol may not work properly when taken together with Soset Injection.
- You may experience serotonin syndrome (symptoms like high body temperature, irritation, shakiness, sweating, widened pupils and diarrhoea) including abnormal mental state with medicines used to treat the mental state like citalopram, sertraline....
- Other medicines like Phenytoin, Carbamazepine & Rifampicin should be used cautiously with Soset Injection.
Storage and disposal of Soset Injection
- Store Soset Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Soset Injection
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Soset good for motion sickness?
Q: What is the use of Soset Injection?
Q: How does Soset work?
- Ondansetron 2 mg/ml Solution for Injection - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Ondansetron 2 mg/ml Solution for Injection - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- CDSCO - Ondansetron [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]