Sorbitrate 5mg Tablet
Sorbitrate 5 MG Description
Sorbitrate 5 tablet is used for the management of angina, a condition characterized by severe pain in the chest, which can also radiate towards the neck, shoulders and arms. It contains isosorbide di
itrate as its active ingredient. This medicine works by relaxing the heart muscles, leading to decreased pressure over the heart. Therefore, it provides better blood and oxygen supply. Sorbitrate 5 tablets should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses as prescribed. Take Sorbitrate as advised by your doctor for the prescribed duration. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Abrupt stopping of this medicine may worsen the health further. Avoid alcohol while taking Sorbitrate 5 mg tablets, as their combination might cause a severe drop in blood pressure. Take medication while sitting down and use caution when changing position (rise from sitting or lying position slowly). Some of the common side effects of this medicine are headache, drowsiness, dizziness, and tiredness. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel the side effects persist, you should consult your doctor or visit a nearby clinic. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Sorbitrate 5 MG
Contraindications of Sorbitrate 5 MG
- If you are allergic to isosorbide dinitrate or any other ingredients of tab Sorbitrate.
- If you have low blood pressure or bleeding problems.
- If you have blood circulating issues or disturbances like a shock.
- If you feel dehydrated, nauseated or have diarrhoea.
- If you have heart problems where isosorbide dinitrate should not be used such as heart valve problems, inflammation of the heart surface and fluid accumulation surrounding the heart.
- If you have increased eye pressure (glaucoma).
- If you have a disease of thyroid hormone disturbance.
- If you have progressive heart failure associated with a lung problem.
- If you are using medicines like sildenafil or tadalafil which potentiates or increases the blood pressure lowering effects of Sorbitrate 5.
Side effects of Sorbitrate 5 MG
- Low blood pressure
- Increased heartbeats
Precautions and Warnings of Sorbitrate 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have an increase in eye pressure (glaucoma), bleeding problem, thyroid hormone disturbance, liver or kidney problem.
- You have problems with your heart or may have damaged the heart.
- You have a deficiency of glucose 6 phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD).
- You have hypertension and are taking anti-hypertensive medicines, caution is needed as severe fall in blood pressure can occur.
- You have a history of head injury or you are suffering from psychiatric illness.
- You are malnourished or have a sudden drop in body temperature.
- Do not use any medicines for erectile dysfunction like Sildenafil, Tadalafil when you are using Sorbitrate 5 tablets as it can cause a severe fall in blood pressure which can be life-threatening.
- Never stop this medicine abruptly, if you are facing any issues, talk to your doctor as he/she may gradually decrease the dose before stopping.
Directions for Use of Sorbitrate 5 MG
- Always take Sorbitrate 5 tablets strictly as per the advice of your doctor.
- Put Sorbitrate mouth dissolving tablet under your tongue and let the medicine dissolve locally. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- Alternatively, you may take the tablet with a sufficient amount of water only if advised by your doctor.
- You should take this medicine regularly, at the same time and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Sorbitrate 5 MG
- Store Sorbitrate 5 tablet below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Sorbitrate 5 MG
- Overdosage of Sorbitrate 5 tablet may cause sudden and sharp lowering of blood pressure and related symptoms, urgent treatment is required.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Sorbitrate 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Sorbitrate 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Sorbitrate 5 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Sorbitrate tablet used along with other blood pressure-lowering medicines like noradrenaline may potentiate their effects. It can cause severe fall in blood pressure, increased heart rate, fainting and dizziness....
- Caution should be executed if you are using Nifedipine for high blood pressure as the blood pressure can drop drastically.
- Concomitant use of Sorbitrate 5 tablet along with the medicines used for mental illness like amitriptyline, chlorpromazine may increase the chance of side effects.
- Concomitant use of Sorbitrate 5 tablet with medicines used for erectile dysfunction (sexual problem) like sildenafil or tadalafil may possibly cause a fall in the blood pressure to a dangerous level and may lead to unconsciousness which could be serious....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Sorbitrate 5 tablet prevent a heart attack?
Q: Can Aspirin and Sorbitrate be taken together?
Q: Can I take Sorbitrate 5 tablet for control of hypertension?
Q: Can Sorbitrate and Clopidogrel be taken together?
Q: Can Sorbitrate 5 tablet cause lowering of blood pressure?
Q: Why is Sorbitrate given sublingually?
Q: Is Sorbitrate 5 tablet to be taken at night?
Q: Can Sorbitrate 5 tablet be taken before a meal?
Q: Can I use Sorbitrate 5 tablets for chest pain?
Q: How does the Sorbitrate 5 tablet work?
Q: How long does Sorbitrate take to act?
Q: How many times can Sorbitrate be taken?
Q: What is Sorbitrate 5 used for?
Q: Can sorbitrate be taken daily?
- Isosorbide - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 August 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 11 August 2022]
- Isosorbide - Product Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 August 2022]
- Angina (Ischemic Chest Pain) [Internet]. WebMD. 2022 [cited 11 August 2022]
- Isosorbide Dinitrate Tablets BP 20mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 August 2022]
- Isosorbide Dinitrate Tablets BP 20mg - Product Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 August 2022]