Sorbitrate 5mg Tablet
By ABBOTT HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
50 Tablet(s) in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Sorbitrate 5 tablet is used for the management of angina, a condition characterised by severe pain in the chest, which can also radiate towards the neck, shoulders and arms. It contains isosorbide dinitrate as its active ingredient. Sorbitrate 5 tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Some of the common side effects of this medicine are headache, drowsiness, dizziness, tiredness. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel the side effects persist, you should consult your doctor or visit a nearby clinic. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Sorbitrate 5mg Tablet
Sorbitrate 5 tablet is used to manage angina, a condition associated with severe pain in the heart.
Contraindications of Sorbitrate 5mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to isosorbide dinitrate or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have low blood pressure or bleeding problems.
- If you have blood circulating issues or disturbances like a shock.
- If you feel dehydrated, nauseated or have diarrhoea.
- If you have heart problems where isosorbide dinitrate should not be used such as heart valve problems, inflammation of the heart surface and fluid accumulation surrounding the heart.
- If you have increased eye pressure (glaucoma).
- If you have a disease of thyroid hormone disturbance.
- If you have progressive heart failure associated with a lung problem.
- If you are using medicines like sildenafil or tadalafil which potentiates or increases the blood pressure lowering effects of Sorbitrate.
Side effects of Sorbitrate 5mg Tablet
- Low blood pressure
- Increased heartbeats
Precautions and Warnings of Sorbitrate 5mg Tablet
Can I take Sorbitrate 5 tablet during pregnancy?
It is advised to avoid using Sorbitrate 5 mg tablet during pregnancy due to limited safety data available. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or may be pregnant or are planning to have a child before starting this medicine.
Can I take Sorbitrate 5 tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information available about the safety of Sorbitrate 5 tablets while breastfeeding, thus consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Sorbitrate 5 tablet?
It is advisable not to drive if you are on Sorbitrate 5 tablet, as this medicine may cause low blood pressure and related symptoms like lightheadedness, burring of vision, tiredness which can impair your driving abilities. You should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Sorbitrate 5 tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking Sorbitrate 5 tablet, as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have an increase in eye pressure (glaucoma), bleeding problem, thyroid hormone disturbance, liver or kidney problem.
- You have problems with your heart or may have damaged the heart.
- You have a deficiency of glucose 6 phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD).
- You have hypertension and are taking anti-hypertensive medicines, caution is needed as severe fall in blood pressure can occur.
- You have a history of head injury or you are suffering from psychiatric illness.
- You are malnourished or have a sudden drop in body temperature.
- Do not use any medicines for erectile dysfunction like Sildenafil, Tadalafil when you are using Sorbitrate 5 tablets as it can cause a severe fall in blood pressure which can be life-threatening.
- Never stop this medicine abruptly, if you are facing any issues, talk to your doctor as he/she may gradually decrease the dose before stopping.
Mode of Action of Sorbitrate 5mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Angina is characterised by severe chest pain. This pain occurs as the heart muscles are not receiving an adequate supply of blood and oxygen. Sorbitrate 5 tablet dilates the blood vessels in the heart. This makes the flow of blood and oxygen better to the heart muscles. Dilation of the blood vessel decreases the pumping strain of the heart.
Directions for Use of Sorbitrate 5mg Tablet
- Always take Sorbitrate 5 tablets strictly as per the advice of your doctor.
- Put Sorbitrate mouth dissolving tablet under your tongue and let the medicine dissolve locally. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- Alternatively, you may take the tablet with a sufficient amount of water only if advised by your doctor.
- You should take this medicine regularly, at the same time and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Sorbitrate 5mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Sorbitrate 5 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Sorbitrate tablet used along with other blood pressure-lowering medicines like noradrenaline may potentiate their effects. It can cause severe fall in blood pressure, increased heart rate, fainting and dizziness.Read less
- Caution should be executed if you are using Nifedipine for high blood pressure as the blood pressure can drop drastically.
- Concomitant use of Sorbitrate 5 tablet along with the medicines used for mental illness like amitriptyline, chlorpromazine may increase the chance of side effects.
- Concomitant use of Sorbitrate 5 tablet with medicines used for erectile dysfunction (sexual problem) like sildenafil or tadalafil may possibly cause a fall in the blood pressure to a dangerous level and may lead to unconsciousness which could be serious.Read less
Storage and disposal of Sorbitrate 5mg Tablet
- Store Sorbitrate 5 tablet below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Sorbitrate 5mg Tablet
Overdosage of Sorbitrate 5 tablet may cause sudden and sharp lowering of blood pressure and related symptoms, urgent treatment is required. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of Sorbitrate 5 tablet may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one. Always carry your medicines if you are travelling.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Sorbitrate 5 tablet prevent a heart attack?
A: Sorbitrate 5 tablet is used for the management of angina, a type of chest pain. In some cases, after a heart attack, your doctor may put you on a low dose of this medicine based on your condition.
Q: Can Aspirin and Sorbitrate be taken together?
A: You may continue the use of Aspirin and Sorbitrate following your doctors advise. Your doctor may decide the dose and usage of both these medicines after evaluating the risks versus benefits.
Q: Can I take Sorbitrate 5 tablet when blood pressure is high?
A: Sorbitrate 5 tablet is used for heart problem known as angina. You may take it for a reason it has been prescribed to you. However, it is not to be used as a treatment of high blood pressure.
Q: Can Sorbitrate and Clopidogrel be taken together?
A: You must follow your doctor's advise while using both these medicines. Using both the medicines together may increase the chances of bleeding. Your doctor may decide the dose and usage of both these medicines after evaluating the risks versus benefits. You may require close monitoring of certain blood tests.
Q: Can Sorbitrate 5 tablet cause lowering of blood pressure?
A: Yes. isosorbide dinitrate is vasodilator medicine which dilates the blood vessels. It causes a decrease in blood pressure as well. However, it is not a suitable medicine for high blood pressure. Please consult your doctor before using Sorbitrate 5 tablet.
Q: Why is Sorbitrate given sublingually?
A: Isosorbide Dinitrate is used to reduce the pain associated with angina. Angina is an emergency condition. Treatment must be initiated immediately to provide relief and to improve the outcome. Using Sorbitrate sublingually will let the medicine work immediately, faster than ingesting it orally.
Q: Is Sorbitrate 5 tablet to be taken at night?
A: You must use Sorbitrate 5 tablet as advised by your doctor. It would be best if you used it at the time and in the dose as told by your doctor.
Q: Can Sorbitrate 5 tablet be taken before a meal?
A: You must use Sorbitrate 5 tablet as advised by your doctor. It is to be taken every day at the same time.
Q: Can I use Sorbitrate 5 tablets for chest pain?
A: Isosorbide present in Sorbitrate 5 tablet is used to relieve the chest pain associated with specific heart problem known as angina. It is not useful for chest pain associated with any other condition. Please consult your doctor for proper advise.
- Isosorbide mononitrate 20mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 23 June 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 23 June 2021]
- Isosorbide mononitrate 20mg Tablets - Product Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 23 June 2021]
- Angina (Ischemic Chest Pain) [Internet]. WebMD. 2021 [cited 23 June 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 30 Jul 2021 | 08:20 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved